Different versions of FA Legends. HOW TO TELL

ogeray

Aspiring Trainer
So alot of people are getting confused about the "RH or HOLO" reshiram and zekrom Full arts.

so for clarrification. there is no RH or HOLO versions. they all come in the rare slot of a booster pack. and they are two different print versions as said on the main page.

1st printing Full Art:textured background. gloss coated over full card. zekrom has a black background. comes from booster packs without codes

1)larger textured background. looks like small lines and webs. much like the alph lithograpaph
2) background will reflect rainbow light
3) slight drag if you run your finger over the pokemon and the background. (due to the gloss coating)

2nd printing Full Art: finer matted background. gloss coated over just the pokemon. Zekrom has a gray background. comes in booster packs with codes

1) much finer and homogenous textured background. much like small dots/super fine sandpaper.
2) background is matte. will not reflect rainbow light. only the pokemon itself will.
3) no drag, super smooth when you run your finger over the background, compared to running it over the pokemon.

other than those differences in feeling and visual, there are no other ways to determine 1st or 2nd printing on the card

hope this can clear up any confusion.

RE: Different versions of FA Legends?

Different from what? Different from the PR FA Legends?

yea, or is it just the packs that dont have the code.
or is it a new printing of the FA legends.
or is it an error/misprint

actually, im not the only one with this.

the scan posted on pokegym also had the matte gray background instead of glossy black

Hmm thats weird someone else posted something saying that there Zoaroak was a misprint how weird

im pretty sure its not a misprint.
the reshiram i got in the box along with the zekrom was also the same.
matted background. gloss covering only the pokemon's body.

i think is just a change of printing design as the black on black zekrom is hard to see

seems like all the booster packs without the code (first printing maybe?)
contains the black gloss zekrom. i got a reshiram tin and pulled another one

and the packs marked with codes contain the second printing of zekrom FA. with matte gray background

can anyone else confirm this?

I should have a case coming in today that should have codes whenever UPS decides to show up. I'll let you know how my FAs are as soon as they come in and I get some opened :)

wow i never thought of that i assume that you have 500 plus dollars laying around to pat for a booster case what i was referring too where did you get it from and was the price any different from whats online

this is actually annoying for my collectors side. i want both but i know the original style value will shoot up if it is a new printing style. cause that was a very small printing run.

have you considered maybe that FA's come in Reverse holo? and its just a coincidence wha tpacks you got them in?

yea, but thats not the case as both my reshiram and zekroms from the box featured the new flat matted background.

I pulled both type of Zekrom out of promo packages.

yea, it has a matte textured feel on the background. only the pokemon itself is covered in a smooth gloss coating

Back