XY Dialkia's Y Egglocke

BTW since you have two Bulbasaurs now if you want to use one remember that it can mega evolve. Also you may want to check natures and IVs on both.

Gee, has it really been over a month? I'm sorry about the delay. Anyway...
Lugia123 said:
BTW since you have two Bulbasaurs now if you want to use one remember that it can mega evolve. Also you may want to check natures and IVs on both.
Well, technically one Bulbasaur, since the first one, y'know, died. Since I already have a grass type (Gogoat) and a poison type (Gengar) I don't really see a need to use the Bulbasaur I hatched right now. But if something happens to either of them, that Bulbasaur is definitely my first option.

Now then...
After the gym, I head over to the Pokeball factory, which is being held hostage by Team Flare. It was a month ago, so I don't remember the specifics, but what I do remember is that beatdowns were given, and I was the one giving them. After clearing the place out, the factory's boss gives me both a Master Ball and a Big Nugget! I honestly doubt that I will ever need either of them, but the thought is still nice.

Next, I go to the route leading to Dendemille Town. I catch a Watchog there... well, at least I now know what I'm going to give up for my next egg. Speaking of which, one of my IRL friends was nice enough to donate a few eggs, the first of which hatches into an Oddish. Meh. Boxed.

So then I continue down through that route, eventually arriving at the underground mansion place, the name of which I really can't remember right now and I don't really feel like looking it up. There, I catch an Electrode. Okay. At Dendemille Town, I quickly go to the Move Relearner, using my two Heart Scales to get Moonblast for Chrys and Night Daze for Tybalt. Then, upon hearing about a disturbance in the cave up north, I grab Tyrfing from my PC (in case I get in over my head at any point) and head for trouble.

At the ice cave, my first encounter is a Jynx. However, it absolutely refuses to stay inside any of my Pokeballs, so I just decide to KO it and move on. I didn't really want a Jynx anyway. None of the trainers cause any problems; not even the Brains & Brawn double battle with the Grumpig and Hariyama. Upon reaching the innermost cavern, I find that Team Flare is at it again, and this time they are harassing an Abomasnow. And lo, beatdowns were given, and it was good. I get an Abomasite for my troubles, even though I will probably never even use it.

Anyway, in Route 17, I hop right up on that Mamoswine and begin to travel down to Anistar. My catch for this route is a Sneasel. Why all my catches can't be like this, I'll never know. Actually, I do know, it's a matter of RNG, but I digress. Anyway, in Anistar, Calem challenges me to another battle. All things considered, it goes rather predictably. And now it's time for another egg. I give up that Electrode, and the egg I get hatches into a Cyndaquil, which is pretty cool, but I really don't have room for it on my team right now.

Afterwards, I go on to explore Route 16, where I catch a Pumpkaboo. I don't know what I was expecting. I also get a Super Rod. Nothing else of significance happens. Anyway, I return to Anistar and buy the TM for Focus Miss Blast, even though it isn't going to be very useful right now, and teach it to Tybalt and Pelleas. Now, onto the gym.

I step in a mystical circle, and all of a sudden what is this?! How did they even fit a pocket dimension in here? Seriously, what is this? And where's my haaaands? Anyway, Tybalt takes out just about all of the trainers with Night Daze. I avoid the Hex Maniacs there, since one of them has a Gardevoir, which is something I really don't feel like I can safely switch into. After navigating the distorted maze, I find myself at the final platform, facing down another Gym Battle. I am somewhat scared, but Tybalt alleviates my fears by one-shotting her entire team. I don't know what I was expecting.

When I leave the gym, I get a Holocaster message from Lysandre. He's definitely not the villain, right? Yeah, definitely. He announces... that everybody is going to die?! Wait, he's actually the villain?! I am shocked! I am shocked by the plot twist that I never could have expected ever even though I have played this game already!

Well, even if Lysandre's going to destroy the world, it's not so important that I can't hatch another egg before I do anything. I give up the Pumpkaboo I caught a few paragraphs ago, and end up hatching a Clamperl, which is honestly pretty cool - the Clamperl line is really underrated IMO.

Anyway, I now take Mercurius the Ralts out of the daycare, and with a Rare Candy and a Dawn Stone, I now have a Gallade. Time to grind.
Chrys/Florges lv 48
Tyrfing/Haxorus lv 50
Cormag/Aerodactyl lv 48
Raine/Gastrodon lv 48
Pelleas/Gengar lv 49
Mercurius/Gallade lv 30

In the box:
Carrie/Gogoat lv 49
Tybalt/Zoroark lv 52
Expect me to make updates more regularly from this point on.

So, Mercurius the Gallade was trained to level 48. It is at this point that I go to Lysandre Cafe. Because seriously, where else would I go? The place is crawling with Team Flare. Two waiters accost me and attempt to make me leave, but their teams are quickly dismantled. They also accidentally give me the password to delve deeper into the lair. GG m8, you tried. Okay, not really.

Anyway, Lysandre confronts me just down the hallway, and challenges me to a battle. First, it’s his Mienfoo, which Mercurius takes out with a Psycho Cut. His Murkrow falls to a Rock Tomb from Cormag, and Raine retaliates to his Pyroar’s Hyper Voice with Surf. Next is Gyarados. Pelleas Mega-Evolves and dispatches it in one shot with a Thunderbolt. Victory!

Now Lysandre goes down the elevator, not letting me get on, of course. I now have to go through a rather large warp tile and spin tile maze. I encounter the various Team Flare scientists, all of whom are dispatched with varying degrees of prejudice. I make a mistake in leaving Mercurius in against one of their Bisharp, and worried about a Sucker Punch, use a Hyper Potion. Instead, it goes for Shadow Claw, and my Gallade barely hangs on. Unwilling to take another risk like that, I go for the Close Combat immediately afterwards, leading to a clean OHKO.

To quote the last of the scientists, to the winner go the spoils. I get the elevator key, and can now proceed to the basement. Also, those two masked heroes show up. I wonder if their identity will be revealed soon... No, I'm not doing this anymore.

Okay, I'm going to try not to be too harsh here. After all, maybe there’s some cultural thing I don't know about. But the masked heroes are literally just Sina and Dexio. They make absolutely no attempt at hiding this, with a small mask and a scarf constituting a ’disguise.’ But that's not the real issue here. The issue is that they have no reason whatsoever to be hiding their identities. Couldn't they have just been competent people with a genuine interest in stopping Team Flare and saving the world? Oh, noooo. Kids wouldn't be able to understand that. They gotta be masked vigilantes! Again, if you disagree with me on this, feel free to say so. I honestly want to hear your opinion on this.

Anyway, with the elevator key in hand, I go to the lower floor. Lysandre is there, and AZ is there too, but now he's behind bars. Not exactly sure how they got him here, now that I think of it. AZ proceeds to make a massive expodump, which I pay no attention to because I have already seen it twice. Afterwards Lysandre tells me to come to his chambers, which makes me feel like I need an adult. Luckily, he has an adult there in the form of Xerosic the creepy scientist. After I easily beat his team, he gives me ’’choice’’ to press one of two buttons, both of which I know will trigger the ultimate weapon’s activation. Unfortunately, stupidity is the only option, and I end up pressing the red button. Not that it matters. The ultimate weapon is activated no matter what.

With the ultimate weapon now having burst out of the ground in Geosenge Town, I fly there on Cormag's back. I head over to the suspicious boulder on the outskirts of the town, and find a new door has appeared, which leads to an elevator. The elevator rushes down a great distance, and I wind up in a very sophisticated underground facility, which is now Lysandre's base of operations. Confronting him, he talks about how human life is unsustainable, then challenges me to stall for time. In the short period between battles, his Pokemon have inexplicably grown, evolving in a few cases. Nonetheless, the battle goes essentially the same as it did last time. I now can proceed down to the chamber where the cocoon I know contains none other than Yveltal is.

Calem turns up to assist me this time. He turns out to be somewhat competent as a double battle partner, as I find out during the several battles on my way down the winding staircase. However, one thing that he is incapable of doing is healing my team after every battle, like other partners do. This is an annoyance to me.

Once we reach the bottom of the stairs, the door ahead of us is shut with a nigh-impossible lock. Luckily, Shauna shows up just in time and uses her special puzzle-solver device to open it. We go inside, finding the dark cocoon, when all of a sudden several Team Flare grunts appear from behind nothing much. Luckily, their teams are also nothing much, and they are all dispatched and cleared from the room posthaste. Truly, it was just on time, since this is when, in a more dramatic rendition of an egg hatching, Yveltal bursts forth from the cocoon! Of course, it is caught with just one quick ball. My new Yveltal is named Bench Juice since, according to my designated rules, that's exactly what it is - fresh squeezed bench juice.

Lysandre walks in immediately afterwards, wearing some weird Dr. Octopus themed apparel. Seriously, look at that. He challenges me to one last battle, to decide the world's fate. And who am I to decline such an offer?

Just like that, the whole chamber is ablaze. He sends out his Mienshao, which gets a quick Swords Dance right off the bat. Chrys, of course, immediately Moonblasts it, rendering such boosts moot as Mienshao faints. Next is Honchkrow, for which Cormag Mega-Evolves and smashes with Rock Tomb. Now, it's his Pyroar against Raine. Once again, it hits my Gastrodon with Hyper Voice, before Raine retaliates with Surf, finishing it off. At the end of his Escape Rope, Lysandre sends out his ace - Gyarados. This is what I trained Mercurius for. But wait - as I send the Gallade in, I am reminded of one crucial error I made in planning - Intimidate, Gyarados' original ability. Mercurius' Atk is lowered by one stage. But, as the Gyarados Mega-evolves, I know that I cannot switch out now. I am forced to hope for the best.

The Gyarados completes Mega-Evolution, giving it a new Dark-type. This is my opening. Mercurius goes forth, and nails it with a Close Combat. The HP bar goes down, down... and stops. It survived, and Mercurius' Defense was just lowered. Now, it's Gyarados' turn. It hits with Aqua Tail. The sheer power of the blow is not something Mercurius could have survived. He goes down in one hit.

I send in Tyrfing next. With her superior level, I knew she would be able to move first and go for the KO with X-Scissor. At least, in theory, that's how it would've worked. But Gyarados is faster, and hits with Outrage. Tyrfing didn't stand a chance. Two down.

Now I send in my fastest member, Cormag. It has now become a fight of Mega against Mega. I choose Aerial Ace...

and with blinding speed and precision, Cormag hits his mark. Gyarados falls.

The room is suddenly extinguished as Lysandre falls to his knees. Cursing my name, he pushes one singular button, which will utilize the rest of the ultimate weapon's power to destroy the hideout and bury us underneath the rubble. Calem and Shauna yell at me to run, and I start to, but look back at the fallen corpses of the twin swords, Mercurius and Tyrfing. It's too late now, though. I must leave them.

I escape just in time, as the very center of Geosenge collapses. Truly, such a dramatic scene is a fitting grave for two of my finest warriors.
So yeah, that happened. See below for more details
RIP Mercurius the Gallade and Tyrfing the Haxorus. Both of them died to mistakes on my part - first to my forgetting about Intimidate, second to my forgetting about Outrage. I sorta wonder if this could all have been avoided if I had given Mercurius a bit more Super Training, or a few more levels. I guess I'm just lucky that he got the Gyarados to such low health.

This was originally going to be split up into three parts, but since I've done all the gameplay and nobody seems to be following this anymore, I've decided to just compress the remainder of the playthrough into one update. If anybody does happen to be reading this, I hope you don't mind.

So, I was unable to make any catches in the next route and Terminus Cave. In the next town, Sycamore challenges me with his evolved starters, and gives me no trouble at all. I can now hatch an egg, but I wait a bit anyway. Next route, I catch a Weepinbell, yaaaay. At the bridge, my rivals sans Calem show up for a battle. Of course, all of them receive sound beatings, and I continue to the snow town.

I can't challenge the gym right now, so I go to the route preceding Victory Road, and get a Spinda as my catch. This is what I give up for my egg, which turns out to be a Lileep. Not that I need it. In the forest, I catch an Amoonguss, which I also don't need. In fact, anything caught after this point is unnecessary. I find the gym leader in the Pokemon Village, and he goes back to the Gym. Then I catch a Ditto.

Before I go to the gym,I take Kyhae the Cyndaquil out of the box and train her up to a Typhlosion. I’m not going to explain gym 8 because seriously, I’m going into an ice gym with a level 59 Typhlosion that knows Eruption and Flamethrower. What did you think was going to happen?

So after all that, more grinding ensues and I go to Victory Road. I catch Blue the Druddigon, and then proceed to sweep through the entirety of Victory Road, Calem included, with very little effort. I had been expecting to lose someone in there, so that was a very pleasant surprise.

Even more grinding ensues over the course of the next few days, until everyone is level 70. It later occurred to me that they only needed to be level 68 to be on par with the champion, but by then it was too late. In any case, my team at this point is:

Chrys the Florges
Carrie the Gogoat
Cormag the Aerodactyl
Raine the Gastrodon
Pelleas the Gengar
Kyhae the Typhlosion

Now it's time for the 1337 4. Cormag and Raine take out Malva together without taking any damage. Carrie does most of the work for Siebold, with Pelleas switching in to get his Gyarados with a Thunderbolt. Raine takes out Drasna's Dragalge with two Mud Bombs, and Chrys takes care of the rest of the dragons, despite flinching twice in a row from Noivern's Air Slashes. Lastly, Kyhae defeats Wikstrom's Klefki, Scizor, and Aegislash with Eruption, with Raine taking out the Probopass. As they say, easy-peasy-lemon-squeezey. Now onto the Champion.

I am brought into an arena with a huge stained-glass floor. Not that that could be at all dangerous in battles between super-powerful monsters. Diantha reveals herself to be champion, as if I didn't already know. It's now time for one last battle.

First, Chrys vs Hawlucha (mocking me for the Reflection Cave incident, no doubt). Like many Hawlucha, this one seems to know Poison Jab, and while Chrys easily takes it out with Moonblast, she gets poisoned from the attack. Next is Tyrantrum, so I leave Chrys in just a little bit longer. Moonblast beats it in one hit, but Chrys is poisoned and not in good shape. I can't use her for the rest of the battle, it seems.

Next is Aurorus, which I send out Pelleas for. However, upon Mega-Evolving, Focus Blast misses, allowing it to set up a Light Screen. Focus Blast hits and KOs the next turn. After that, Gourgeist vs Kyhae = instant win via Eruption. But then comes Goodra. Initially, I had been planning for Chrys to Moonblast Goodra, but given her condition after Tyrantrum, I knew it would not be a good idea. Instead, I send in Raine, and her Ice Beams do very little damage. Even after Light Screen wears off, it evolves into a battle of repeated beam spam; Raine spams Ice Beam, Goodra spams Dragon Pulse, both of us use a Full Restore when reaching low health. It has become a test to see whose PP will run out first. Eventually, with only one Ice Beam PP left, I opt to weaken it a little bit more with Surf first, and make the last Ice Beam really count. It pays off. Just after that Surf, the Goodra switches to Focus Blast - it ran out first. Ice Beam finishes it off.

Lastly, the Gardevoir. Noting its Fairy Type, I send Pelleas out. It Mega-Evolves... and Pelleas hits it with Sludge Bomb, netting an immediate KO. It's done. The Championship is mine! It's over now!

No, it's not. I still have one more challenge. No, it's not the battle with AZ. Battling AZ and challenge are antonymous. No, it is also not enduring the painfully long credits, although that was pretty challenging. No, it's this:
Dialkia198 said:
4. All legendaries must be destroyed.
There's still work to do. First, after the credits, I immediately go to the first gym town (I can't be bothered to look up the name right now). In the grass at the adjacent route, my first encounter, as per the script, is Moltres. Of course, it immediately flees, as Moltres are wont to do. This brings me to remember that I need the national Pokedex to track it across the region, so I go to Lumiose and get that. Then I spend about an hour, tracking Moltres around, letting it flee over and over and over again. I did not know true frustration until this day. Seriously, words cannot describe the frustration I felt. After quite a bit of time, the Pokedex finally tells me that it is currently roosting at the Sea Spirit's Den. I rush over there at lightning speed. When Moltres swoops down at me, Cormag Mega-Evolves, and crushes it with Stone Edge. After all the pain that thing caused me, I enjoy seeing it Stone Edged. I enjoy it very much.

Next on the list is Zygarde. In Terminus Cave, there is an open entryway, which a random Ace Trainer was blocking before. The passage leads into a chamber, each end of which contains the Adamant, Lustrous, and Griseous Orbs, as well as a Big Nugget. At the center of the chamber, Zygarde is waiting. Not for me; it's waiting for the sequel games that put it in the spotlight. But I come for it anyway, and a battle begins. I have Chrys up front, of course, and tell her to hit it with a Moonblast. But Zygarde is a clever snake, and it uses Camouflage, changing itself to Rock Type so the attack is no longer Super-effective. This changes nothing, and Chrys immediately attacks with Magical Leaf. But it goes first again, and tries an Earthquake. It does nothing much, and Magical Leaf leaves Zygarde on its last legs, metaphorically of course since it does not seem to have legs. It tries a Crunch next, once again leaving no lasting marks. Chrys hits it again with Magical Leaf, vanquishing it until the sequels. Zygarde disappears into the inky shadows. Two down, one to go.

I find my way through the woods once again, and easily end up in the Pokemon Village. Navigating through the fields of yellow flowers, I get over to a slight incline, which leads to a pond. Raine surfs over that, and I come to a cave. Inside is one of the most memorable figures in all of Pokemon - Mewtwo himself. Now, if anybody's reading this, you probably don't know this, but in that awful story run I wrote last year, "Nuzlocke 2: Black in Time," Mewtwo was the main antagonist, who had a poorly written inclusion into the plot as the main villain. This is why I should not go from written log runs like this to attempts to make epic storylines - it never works out. Anyway, defeating Mewtwo here has metaphorical significance for me - it symbolizes putting that train wreck of a story behind me.

Now, Mewtwo turns to face me. The final battle begins. I send out Cormag, who immediately Mega-Evolves and hits my foe with a Crunch. It's not enough to instantly KO, however, and Mewtwo hits back with Psychic, bringing Cormag to very low health without even a critical hit. Indeed, they tried to make the strongest Pokemon, and they succeeded. But it all ends now. Cormag goes again and defeats Mewtwo with one last Crunch.

My final foe has been vanquished, my terrible storyline has been put to rest.
It's over now.

So, yeah. This run is now completed.
First of all, I'd just like to say that the MVP of this Egglocke was Cormag the Aerodactyl. I have absolutely no regrets about putting that bro on my team. It's been a fun run. Of course, the body count was higher than any of my previous Nuzlockes. I'd like to take a moment to remember:
Robin the Pidgey
Asparagus the Ivysaur
Merall the Phanpy
Range the Frogadier
Nameless the Vivillon
Sally the Bunnelby
Mercurius the Gallade
Tyrfing the Haxorus

Lastly, I have a new project coming out within the next week. Until then, be seeing you.

Back