Dialga G. X Counter for Scizor

Jace

Aspiring Trainer
I'm buidling a Scizor deck, but the one thing that is constantly haunting me is Dialga G. Scizor is a great counter for Luxchomp and other SP's, but Dialga just shuts him down entirely.. I've been trying to think up a few pokemon.. but nothing seems like it will be that effective. I guess it would probably just be a fire poke thrown in with an energy.. but maybe something more creative? I appreciate the help.

Edit: Please follow the Player's Sandbox rules. I've posted the links to Dialga G LV.X and Scizor Prime. ~EspeonROX.

Dialga G LV.X from Platinum.
Scizor Prime from HS-Undaunted.

Absolutely not worth it and too slow imo... i need to be powering up scizor, not flygon, who's going to take at least 3 turns to set up. PLUS, Garchomp will just one hit it.

drifblim UD, if its a tanking dialga your worried about. if its a bench sitting one, IDK

Yeah... i get ya but im more worried about a tech in Luxchomp or something like that...

It is impossible to physically tech against Dialga really. Commonly,they'll LUP it and immediately warp energy it. If you bring it active,the player will cyrus + poketurn (wait a turn if they don't already have dialga in play). What I would recommend is that you play a 1-1 (or 2-2) of something bulky that can take a game against some form of a dialga G X deck (usually I see steelix...)

I completely understand and agree. Although steelix is painfully slow... but i guess since its just a tech. Would a 1-1 work? And another thing i've been thinking about is actually using the obvious flygon x counter for it. I've been testing with a 1-0-1 flygon for retreat and i could throw in the X and a dce maybe? What do you think is better? Is flygon even worth it in scizor, much less the X?

Scizor appreciates the free retreat, and the Level X actually works nicely with Scizor. HOWEVER, if you are going to run the Level X, you need to run at least a 2-1-2-1 line. A 1-0-1-1 line will never work.

Hmm, alright. I'm just worried about deck space as im already running 4 sableye and a 1-0-1 queen...

We DialgaChomp players aren't just robots, ya' know. We think and figure things out. "Hmm... I see he's setting up a Flygon Lv.X to try and take out my DGX. He can't retreat because Flygon Lv.X's body doesn't work, so that buys me a few turns to get an extra Cyrus, another Dialga G, and an Aaron's. And I see he also needs some energy to use Flygon, so that's enough time I can pick up some KO's with either GCX or DGX. If I get any combination of: Special Metals, Expert Belt, and Snowpoint Temple, I'll survive that Extreme Attack, then I can Poke'Turn and revenge kill with GCX!" That's what will go through our heads. Of course we'll warp to the bench first, just to make sure you don't play Drifblim. If there is a Drifblim we snipe around it and/or kill it with GCX. Or we just let you put Uxie back into our deck. You may as well either tech in a 2-1 or a 2-2 BFBX and a couple {R} Energies, or accept the autoloss with your chin high. I'm only saying this so that everybody can see it from the other guy's point of view.

^Every deck that doesn't Donk is not played by a robot :p

I would use Houndoom LA or Houndoom G. Either works.

If you want to counter it as a tech, I guess that's a toughie. Try Luxray GL X or something like that.

Back