BW/BW2 Desukan - The Egyptian Sarcophagus Pokemon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Kingdra

Aspiring Trainer
Let's talk about this Desukan - The Egyptian Sarcophagus Pokemon

He is the first gen 5 pokemon to be released that isn't an apparent animal.

He is shown in the video to receed back into his coffin. He has many hands 4-5 which imply that there are many souls in his coffin?

His head dips down back into the coffin so he must have an apparent face.

He has a leaf-like crest on his back. I don't think he is a evo of something but many have speculated that he could be a evo of Bronzong or Spiritomb.

I can make a safe bet that is he part ghost type due to the ghostly hands coming out and the fact the dead people turn to ghosts (dead people go in coffins)

He intrigues me and I have really come to like him already, I can't wait to learn more about him ^.^ What do you guys think of this pokemon?

oha-suta-new-pokemon-1.jpg

credit to pokebeach

I'm thinking that he will most likely be Gost/Rock or Ghost/Ground and he will more than likely be found in the desert.

tyking16 said:
I'm thinking that he will most likely be Gost/Rock or Ghost/Ground and he will more than likely be found in the desert.

agreed, he will be discovered in some ancient eygptian desert

I don't think that this guy will be an evo of Bronzor. Although Spiritomb proves to be more likely if this guy is an evo of a past pokemon.

If he is his own pokemon, I would like that.

I agree he is interesting but I want to see the front before I make a final judgment. Do you guys think it will be like the sleeping snorlaxs and they are only available once? Ghost/Ground FTW

What I find intriguing is the Sarcophagus itself, I bet it serves as more than as a retreat from danger.

KnightEdge112 said:
I agree he is interesting but I want to see the front before I make a final judgment. Do you guys think it will be like the sleeping snorlaxs and they are only available once? Ghost/Ground FTW

Awesome point, and honestly it could go either way. He could be in the way of the entry to the ruins and you have to like you said "awake him" and maybe battle him to move. Or there can be many wild desukan roaming the ancient ruins.

Life rune pokemon! (almost)
0430a.gif

The only one that I can find that completely matches the one Desukan's back is this one:
0431b.gif

It signifies the beginning of the summer. Which seems unrelated to the pokemon.

Wolf616 said:
Life rune pokemon! (almost)
0430a.gif

The only one that I can find that completely matches the one Desukan's back is this one:
0431b.gif

It signifies the beginning of the summer. Which seems unrelated to the pokemon.

Yeah, great find and yes that makes no sense. What is Bronzor/Bronzongs crest look like/signify?

When ya look at the Isshu map, it's painstakingly obvious where this 'Mon lies (Or maybe not): Way up at the Sand-covered Ruins at the top of the region. But, will there be a single Desukaan or wild ones? It'd be great if we could see it's face, though...

TheFudgehogGuy said:
When ya look at the Isshu map, it's painstakingly obvious where this 'Mon lies (Or maybe not): Way up at the Sand-covered Ruins at the top of the region. But, will there be a single Desukaan or wild ones? It'd be great if we could see it's face, though...

Yes we need to see its face!

Spiritomb I could deal with this but this guy I'm not feeling due to concept alone. I know Pokemon, particularly ghost pokemon, have some pretty strange origins but I don't really like the idea of a Sarcophagus ones. Those coffins were primarily meant to house HUMANS. It it's not really original.

I don't know, I just can't dig it. Spiritomb did it better.

cocowoushi said:
Spiritomb I could deal with this but this guy I'm not feeling due to concept alone. I know Pokemon, particularly ghost pokemon, have some pretty strange origins but I don't really like the idea of a Sarcophagus ones. Those coffins were primarily meant to house HUMANS. It it's not really original.

I don't know, I just can't dig it. Spiritomb did it better.

Maybe when you see it from the front and learn more about it you'll become more attached to it.

King Kingdra said:
Let's talk about this Desukan - The Egyptian Sarcophagus Pokemon

He is the first gen 5 pokemon to be released that isn't an apparent animal.

He has a leaf-like crest on his back. I don't think he is a evo of something but many have speculated that he could be a evo of Bronzong or Spiritomb.
And Giaru? The gear Pokemon, since when is a gear an animal? xD

Anyway, it's higly unlikely that it'll be an evolution of either Bronzong or Spiritomb. It is in no way related to Spiritomb (well apart from the ghosty thingy arms) and note that Spiritomb is an 'event'-Pokemon, not really but takes a lot time to capture so is pretty rare. What has Desukan even to do with Bronzong? A bronze Japanese bell into a whatever made-of-rock sarcophagus from Egypt, their colors don't even match. And no... the crest isn't evidence of it. Bronzong's crest has a whole other meaning.

King Kingdra said:
Yeah, great find and yes that makes no sense. What is Bronzor/Bronzongs crest look like/signify?
Bronzong is based of a dokatu, a Japanese bell which is made for their harvest. A sort of praying for a good harvest. These dokatu are often decorated with things that represent nature. A piece of grain in Bronzong's case (fits with the 'harvest' theme). This is also the reason why Bronzong learns both Sunny Day and Rain Dance, to maintain the crop.

Pokequaza said:
And Giaru? The gear Pokemon, since when is a gear an animal? xD

Anyway, it's higly unlikely that it'll be an evolution of either Bronzong or Spiritomb. It is in no way related to Spiritomb (well apart from the ghosty thingy arms) and note that Spiritomb is an 'event'-Pokemon, not really but takes a lot time to capture so is pretty rare. What has Desukan even to do with Bronzong? A bronze Japanese bell into a whatever made-of-rock sarcophagus from Egypt, their colors don't even match. And no... the crest isn't evidence of it. Bronzong's crest has a whole other meaning.

King Kingdra said:
Bronzong is based of a dokatu, a Japanese bell which is made for their harvest. A sort of praying for a good harvest. These dokatu are often decorated with things that represent nature. A piece of grain in Bronzong's case (fits with the 'harvest' theme). This is also the reason why Bronzong learns both Sunny Day and Rain Dance, to maintain the crop.

Great points. And yeah, Summer doesn't really have to do with Harvest, then again Summer doesn't have to do with Egyptian coffins either -.- And forgot about Gear. Lol. I feel like I will forget about gear considering he is a pretty forgetable pokemon as you can tell

pokemasterskarmory said:
i think that you will be able to catch in the dessert area in isshu and it is going to be a ghost/ground type

That's a great summary of probably whats going to happen

King Kingdra said:
Great points. And yeah, Summer doesn't really have to do with Harvest, then again Summer doesn't have to do with Egyptian coffins either -.- And forgot about Gear. Lol. I feel like I will forget about gear considering he is a pretty forgetable pokemon as you can tell
Did I mention summer?

Anyway I'm actually looking out to Giaru, curious what its possible evolution will be.

King Kingdra said:
And forgot about Gear. Lol. I feel like I will forget about gear considering he is a pretty forgetable pokemon as you can tell

Not for me! I'm very curious to see what he evolves into and if it has a split evolution based on if it has a Plus or Minus ability.

Ah but that's for another day... =) I do hope this Sarcophagusmon has something going for it to make me like it. Maybe it will have a nice ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back