Deoxys, Heat Rotom, Volcanion, and More from Tera Mewtwo and Skeledirge Decks!

Xatu is obviously extremely strong, but the funny part is that it is probably too weak to see play.
A lot like the banette from lost origin. ??️ But still, a nice alternative to kirlia for one prize psychic decks. Plus, it actually has a VMAX ability for a silly one prize support. So, I wouln't dismiss its value that quickly. ??

Last edited:
the obvious answer is that xatu in glc will be really solid, but i also think that it could work in standard format. particular, i could imagine it being a draw/acceleration combo engine in arctina decks. i'm def gonna try that out!

A lot like the banette from lost origin. ??️ But still, a nice alternative to kirlia for one prize psychic decks. Plus, it actually has a VMAX ability for a silly one prize support. So, I wouln't dismiss its value that quickly. ??
similar

Xatu was obviously created for Mewtwo ex to have some good energy accel since, being a Lightning-type that needs Psychic energy, it can't use Gardevoir ex. It's nice that despite Mewtwo ex being a starter set thing, they're actually trying to make it good. Whether or not it will actually be good in a competitive sense is another story, but I have to imagine Xatu has to be competitive in something, right?

Though I understand why they made it, it is a little funny that they're giving more energy acceleration to the type which, in this format, has probably the best energy acceleration literally ever. I feel bad for Fighting type.

Xatu is obviously extremely strong, but the funny part is that it is probably too weak to see play.
It's not that Xatu is weak, it's a support pokemon, of course it's weak. It's that it's not needed in the big Psychic decks (mew and garde). It will help Psychic archetypes in the future, most likely single prize Psychic decks, when the cards come out.

It's not that Xatu is weak, it's a support pokemon, of course it's weak. It's that it's not needed in the big Psychic decks (mew and garde). It will help Psychic archetypes in the future, most likely single prize Psychic decks, when the cards come out.
Clefairy???

Exeggcutor is... Okay. Combos well with Xatu in GLC. Speaking of...

Xatu reminds me of Shadow Rider Calyrex VMAX. Very good card.

Deoxys: no.

Heat Rotom: Jesus...

Volcanion: decent one-prize energy accelerator, could pair well with new Skeledirge ex, with the absolutely nuts Steam Up upgrade.

Xatu is ABSURDLY good. Underworld door but not limited to only psychic pokémon. Not even limited to non-rule boxes either. AND it functions as an insane draw engine. Colorless decks and mixed energy decks like Giratina could have a potential field day with this.
Neat idea. Could replace Bibarel (or being both) in ArcTina deck since it could help you get that turn 2 Trinity Nova. Or heck, the flagship mon the card is in, Tera Mewtwo, could be a legit standard archetype with it. Really just a matter of getting better support that Gardevoir couldnt also use.

Yes, this, everyone keeps talking about how Xatu is not needed in psychic decks, when it accelerates ANY type of basic energy.

EDIT: Lol, or so I thought, did the translation get corrected? Lool xD I eat my words then.

Yes, this, everyone keeps talking about how Xatu is not needed in psychic decks, when it accelerates ANY type of basic energy.

EDIT: Lol, or so I thought, did the translation get corrected? Lool xD I eat my words then.
It didn't get corrected, the text is the same from when the article was posted. It only accelerates psychic energy but it attaches to any type of pokémon, not just psychic like Shadow Rider Calyrex VMAX and Gardevoir ex.

your initial take is still correct in a way, the fact it can accelerate to any type mon is neat and fairly unique.

Back