Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
Delta-Plus Pokemon Card Scans:
Dustox-Roaring-Skies-8.jpg
Articuno-Roaring-Skies-17.jpg
Natu-Roaring-Skies-28.jpg
Dragonite-Roaring-Skies-52.jpg
Swellow-Roaring-Skies-72.jpg

This ancient trait seems really strong but unfortunately it isn't on the easiest Pokemon to take advantage of it. Clearly Natu isn't one that is going to see any use and Swellow can't hit for weakness and with its low numbers doesn't seem up to it.

But the others, Dustox, Articuno and especially Dragonite, where do you guys see these Pokemon placing in the metagame?

While the Trait is good, the Pokémon that wield them aren't good at all. I mean, they could be good in a rogue deck of their own, but none will be run solely for the Trait.
Dustox and Dragonite are Stage 2s, but are bad for Stage 2 standards.
Dustox can snipe 50 damage, but it requires three Energy to do so.
Dragonite has a decent damage output, maybe even a good one, but it requires 5 Energy on a Stage 2. Think about it.
Articuno is possibly the best of them all, considering you could in theory splash it in any Blastoise deck and have some sort of 'finisher.'

In average, though, these aren't worth it. At least not now.

The best Delta Plus Pokemon are probably Articuno and Dragonite and both do have potential but they probably won't become a force do to their high energy and low damaging attacks

I feel like Dragonite is the best one, with muscle band he hits the magic 170 number to take out a lot of common EX's. Dragonite is a stage 2 but it also has 160 hp making it fairly difficult to ohko outside of fairy weakness.

Could it be potentially paired with Virizion EX or M-Manectric EX for additional energy accel with the powerful double dragon energy. Not a top tier deck but it could be fun to mess around with and bring a surprise factor into a match up.

You'd be surprised at how difficult to pull off it actually is.
To do that, you'd need two turns of attacking+a manual attachment. More than enough time for your opponent to KO either your accelerator or your Dragonite (or pre-evos).

I think Natu will see decent play on Psychic type decks that run Dimension Valley.

The revenge kill potential is huge, something that a deck like M Gallade or M Latios would set up perfectly.

I honestly wanna see it on more Pokemon, along with other ancient traits. I think it's silly to just run them on basic Pokemon and ignore a lot of stage 1 Pokemon that can utilize it efficiently.

I hope these expand and help more creative decks come out.

The three that have the most potential are swellow, articuno, and dragonite.

The best fit for swellow is in a mega manectric deck. Mega manectric's damage output maxes out at 130 with a muscle band so swellow can clean up with hi 50 damage attack.

Articuno has potential because it is a big basic. I see it able to be played with something like Archie's greninja and flash fire milotic or roaring skies togetic.

dragonite will be the hardest to set up but will have the greatest reward. The best way I see to accelerate energy is with virizion and mew EX with dimension valley so you can do it turn one if you go second. It is complicated but like I said, It will have the greatest payoff.

also natu will see play in dimension valley decks.

I think Articuno has a lot of potential in P-Kyogre decks. You smack with Tidal Storm for 150 which forces you to send two energies to the bench, easily accelerating to Articuno. The deck already plays Keldeo so you Rush-In and retreat into your newly powered up Articuno (getting the 3rd energy shouldn't be too much of an issue) and finish off your opponent's badly damaged active EX Pokemon for a nice 3 prizes.

Dragonite will never work. There's simply too much set up involved. Swellow is easily splashable and hits for a DCE, but still doesn't seem like a consistent option. As others have said, Natu isn't terrible in decks that run Dimension Valley. Dustox seems nearly impossible to get going as well. It's a fun mechanic, but these cards don't have much of a place in today's meta.

Personally Natu alongside Crobat sounds like it has the most potential to me. Especially if the opponents deck is also weak to target whistle to let you peck their little 50-60 HP pokemon over and over.
But how many prominent decks actually run 50-60 HP Pokemon without any way to get a higher HP? Very little... Plus, you'd have to use an extreme amount of resources (Natu + Lysandre/Catcher + Target Whistle + Energy on Natu + Energy on the Defending Pokemon + Dimension Valley) to actually do the kill, which is nearly impossibly (especially the energy thing).

Here's a fun idea: Boomburst Noivern with Double Dragon Energy (Can we just call it the "Double D" Energy, and make obligatory references to Ed' Edd' n 'Eddy please) would set up stuff on Bench; slap down Altaria or two, Boomburst a few turns, Delta Swellow for the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I say Articuno is the Best there.
It could be used for finishing any Pokemon in a P-Kyogre deck. It can hit for 140, if you get all heads; it would be better with Trick Coin because in case you get all tails or 2 tails you could change the result.
You could charge Articuno with P-Kyogre, then, next turn finish the Pokemon and grab either 2 or 3 prize cards.

I say Articuno is the Best there.
It could be used for finishing any Pokemon in a P-Kyogre deck. It can hit for 140, if you get all heads; it would be better with Trick Coin because in case you get all tails or 2 tails you could change the result.
You could charge Articuno with P-Kyogre, then, next turn finish the Pokemon and grab either 2 or 3 prize cards.

I want to say it'd make the deck a tad inconsistent, but... Just a tech of 1 to see if it'd work wouldn't hurt anyone, would it?

I like the idea of Dustox when dealing with Seismitoads. Wide Lens Dustox can 2HKO benched toads for 3 prizes and can 2HKO other grass-weak EX's (except for P-Groudon).

Dustox isn't that good at all because it doesn't get the option of damaging Active, meaning that Mr Mime ruins you. Even then, 50 is particularly low, so it feels like this kind of card is only good when combined with Beautifly - and of course, Beautifly is also a Stage 2.

Back