Ruling Deevolving of Pokemon while Leveled up to Xs

sunchris

Baked Potatoes....yum...
I came into this situation this previous weekend at a cities tournament. I even asked a judge about it but my opponent didn't appeal it so we went with it.

I used Omastar's Time Spiral attack devolved and sent my opponent's Gardevoir to the deck. The thing was it was leveled up to the Gardevoir X and i had no idea what was going to happen. The judge said that it got discarded, but i always thought it went back to the hand. What is the official rule about this kind of event?

RE: Leveling Down Xs

The judge said that it got discarded
Are you serious, this judge shouldn't be a judge.

Gardevoir and Gardevoir Lv.x Would just go back to your opponents deck, because they are considered the same pokemon.

In the case of attacks or Poke-Powers where a stage of Pokemon gets devolved, and that Pokemon has leveled-up, both that stage of Pokemon and the LV.X go to the same place; in your case it is the deck. Other cards in Modified that can do this are Dialga DP/GE's Flash Cannon, or that Omastar from that one other set with the Time Spiral Poke-Power. (In Unlimited you have stuff like ATM Rock and the Devolution Sprays.)
Are you serious, this judge shouldn't be a judge.
agreed =D

Omastar MD's Primal Swirl sends both of them to the hand

Omastar AoA's Time Spiral sends both of them to the deck

The judges should have look up the rulings on the compendium. If you know it was already ruled in the compendium or if you want them to check, you can always appeal to head judge to check the compendium or Ask the Rules Team; as both are consider official.
Here is the ruling from compendium:
"
Time Spiral (Haunter - Legend Maker; Lileep - Sandstorm)
Q. What happens if I use Omastar's "Time Spiral" attack and choose an Evolved Pokemon that has been leveled up?
A. The Pokemon Lv.X is returned into their deck as well. (PL:Arceus FAQ; Nov 5, 2009 PUI Rules Team)
"

Back