• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Deep Ocean (P Kyogre EX / Manaphy)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
DEEP OCEAN

Pokémon (12):

• 4 P Kyogre EX (beatdown)
    4 Kyogre EX (beatdown)
    4 Manaphy (draw)

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (36):

• 1 Lysandre's Last resort (reshuffle)
    4 Professor Sycamore (draw)
    1 Birch's Observation (draw)
    2 Lysandre (gust)
    2 Skyla (search)
    4 N (draw)
    1 Computer Search (search)
    3 Professor's Letter (search)
    4 Kyogre Spirit Link (evolve)
    2 Escape Rope (disable)
    3 Head Ringer (disable)
    2 VS Seeker (retrieval)
    4 Dive Ball (search)
    3 Silent Lab (disable)

Energy (12):

• 12 Water Energy

SPOILER:

P Kyogre EX
Primal Reversion - evolves from Kyogre Ex
HP: 240
α Growth: When you attach an energy card from your hand to this Pokémon (except with an attack, ability, or trainer card), you may attach 2 energy cards.
[W][W][W][C] Tidal Storm: 150
Move 2 energy from this Pokémon to 1 of your benched Pokémon. This attack does 30 damage to each of your opponent's benched Pokemon EX. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)
Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 4

Kyogre EX
Basic Water Pokémon
HP 180
[W][C] Water Pulse: 30
Your opponent's active Pokemon is now asleep.
[W][W][C][C] Giant Vortex: 140
Return 2 [W] energy attached to this Pokemon to your hand.
Retreat: 4

Manaphy
Basic Water Pokémon
HP: 70
[W] Deep Sea Swirl
Shuffle your hand into your deck. Then, draw 6 cards.
[W] Life Save
Choose 2 [W] Pokemon from your discard pile, reveal them, and put them into your hand.
Retreat: 1

Kyogre Spirit Link
Trainer - Pokémon Tool
Your turn does not end if the Pokémon this card is attached to becomes Primal Kyogre EX.

Dive Ball
Trainer - Item
Search your deck for a [W] Pokémon and put it into your hand.

Silent Lab
Trainer - Stadium
All basic Pokémon in play, in each player's hand, and in each player's discard pile have no Abilities.

Rough Sea
Trainer - Stadium
Once during each player's turn, he or she may heal 30 damage from each of his or her [W] and [L] Pokemon.

STRATEGY:

Go second and start with Manaphy. Bench one or two Kyogre Ex before you shuffle the hand back into the deck and draw six cards. Next turn evolve into Primal Kyogre Ex and attach water to him. On the third turn start to swarm with Primal Kyogre Ex. Use Escape Rope and Professor's Letter to conserve damage on the battlefield and restore the Primals each turn with energies. Trainers have been chosen to obtain needed cards in time. Silent Lab and Head Ringer counter VirGen and also works well versus other deck.

Hi folks,

Would be interested in comments on how to make this deck better and a little faster. Thanks for the assistance in advance.

Hey there, Dark Espeon. I'm new to the PokeBeach forums, just wanting to throw that out there lol

As far as your deck goes I like it, I think it can definitely work. I would choose Manaphy over Lapras (and find it odd that the post has "Manaphy" in the name but not in the deck lol) primarily because of its Ability and it also has Seafaring. I'm working on a Primal deck too but it works quite differently and perhaps a bit riskier than yours, but it allows me to get Swampert or Primal Kyogre EX out in as early as turn 1.

I would also reduce the energy count to 10 maybe, since the energies are going to be sliding all over the place anyway and I would also recommend some Superior Energy Retrievals in place of those two energies for two reasons: (1) - You can get a lot of energies back from just two cards if needed, and (2) - It helps you discard unneeded or cloggy cards from your hand to perhaps use Archie, send some Primals to the discard, etc. Regular Energy Retrievals can work too, but I think SERs would help a bit more. Also keep in mind my deck is running differently from yours lol

Hi Excalibur19,

Thanks for the review and welcome to the forum. Would be interested in the turn one Primal Kyogre deck. The deck used to have Manaphy but I was unable to trade for them and decided to use Lapras instead. Not sure on Super energy Retrieval since it gets energies back into the hand before I would be able to use Archie's Trump Card and I never felt comfortabke with less than eleven energies. On usual the deck wants to use Battle Compressor to discard two energies and Archie. The second one is used to ditch the extra Lapras to thin the deck. Kyogre Ex just needs a head start and afterwards you can swarm with them once two or three are on the battlefield. Would be intersted in your experiences with the alternate version you mentioned.

RE: Deep Ocean (P Kyogre EX / Manaphy / Kyurem)

Hi folks,

Revised the list after some test runs last weak. Lapras and Manaphy did not work out that well. The deck still needed three turns to have the Primal with four energies on the field at a stable rate. More draw power seemed to be a better route since the deck needs certain cards in hand fast. I thus decided to check out the new Manaphy since it is essentially a better Shauna in attack form and he takes little effort to retreat in case he is not knocked out. Also wanted some more basics in the deck to reduce mulligans which can help the opponent to set up. Decided on Kyuren LTR since he has two nice attacks and is a stable non-Ex BBP.

I suggest you add another Manaphy PC, so you can set up fast even under Item lock.

I also like Kyurem PLF better than the LT one because Kyurem PLF can help with the sniping on non-EX Pokemon.

Hi Gengar master,

Thanks for the review. A fourth Manaphy would be nice since I want to start with him but could not find the room to fit him in. Decided on Kyurem LT because Outrage is a decent attack and Glaciate hits all opposing Pokémon for 30 damage. It seemed to combo well with Primal Kyogre Ex at first glance but have not tested him out thus far since this is the one card I am still missing to finish this deck. He also seemed to be less expansive than Kyurem PLF. Still unsure on the secondary attacker but the water options are somehow limited.

Oh yea, Glaciate is great in this deck. Maybe one of each?

Hi Gengar master,

Will need to see which one is easier to trade for. At the moment I tend to lean more toward the LTR version. Another thing I am considering is to remove one Tool Retriever and both Weakness Policy for three Jamming Net. Combined with Silent Lab it could be decent versus VirGen since it disables their abilities and denies them tools at the same time. The main benefit over Weakness Policy would be that it also works well versus other decks such as Yveltal and Mega evolution decks since Pokémon Tool F can slow them down when attached to their evolving Pokémon Ex. What are your thoughts on this issue?

Dark Espeon said:
Hi Gengar master,

Will need to see which one is easier to trade for. At the moment I tend to lean more toward the LTR version. Another thing I am considering is to remove one Tool Retriever and both Weakness Policy for three Jamming Net. Combined with Silent Lab it could be decent versus VirGen since it disables their abilities and denies them tools at the same time. The main benefit over Weakness Policy would be that it also works well versus other decks such as Yveltal and Mega evolution decks since Pokémon Tool F can slow them down when attached to their evolving Pokémon Ex. What are your thoughts on this issue?
FYI, If you do plan to do that, make it head ringers. Doing 60 damage to you is less as important as them having 3 energy on a Virizion and 4 on a genesect...

I think you should probably divide your Escape Ropes into 2 Switch and 1 Escape Rope, because if you're trying to target your opponent's Active, then Escape Rope just hinders you. Maybe you should also take out 1 Head Ringer for something else.

Hi cturino,

Thanks for the review. Escape Rope is used to force the opponent to switch. The fact that it allows you to switch is considered to be an extra. In case Primal Kyogre Ex has not been knocked out you can power him up easily due to Alpha Growth to hit their current active. With two Professor's Letter, one Energy Retriever and twelve basic water energies you should have the needed energy in hand. If he has been knocked out you can send in the benched one to accomplish the same aim. The main idea of Escape Rope is to prevent the opponent from reducing the number of prizes you could potentially draw by sending out a defender that could also be knocked out with the bench damage done to opposing Pokémon Ex. Will see whther two or three Head Ringer work best in this deck. If two are sufficient the third one will be turned into a third Professor's Letter or a second Energy Retriever.

Hi folks,

Revised the deck a little to make it more consistent. With less than four Primals it sometimes had issues to swarm in case on of them has been in the prizes. Lysandre's Last Resort also turned out to be usefull when the deck has to deal with ohkos and it made it easier for me to search out water with letters late game.

Hey Dark Espeon,

I was just curious as to how this deals with seismitoad decks. Have you considered suicune for that match-up? I realize it clashes with silent lab, and of course, if the toad uses garbador its useless as well. I've been working on a list of my own and I just don't know how to deal with the toad. This is purely theoretical, as I haven't actually played against the deck, but I was hoping for your thoughts.

Hi destinymaster,

Suicune conflicts with the stadium and Primal Kyogre Ex since he cannot switch resources to him. Sacrifice Manaphy and set up on the bench. This also lessens the pain from energy removal cards. Once Primal Kyogre Ex can attack he should be able to steamroll Seismitoad Ex.

Back