• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Deck for "Next" Tournament

DracoKid

Formerly known as Virizikid
I would appreciate great criticism on this just not too rough. I would also at least want one comment from a super mod, so if you know someone, tell them.

~Pokemon - 19~

RegigigasEX x4
Zekrom (FA) x3
Reshiram (FA) x3
Tepig x2
Pignite x2
Abiliboar x2

~T/S/S - 18~

Heavy Ball x3
Switch x3
Skyarrow Bridge x2
IQx2
PONT x3
Pokemon Catcher x3
Pokemon Collector x3

~Energy - 23~

Rainbow Energy x4
Prism Energy x4
{C}{C} x4
{R} x11

Plz note that i will make changes when necessary.

Every pokemon except Pichu (which is irrelevant to my point) runs partially off of how much damage they have on them yet you have no self damage spreader. Donphan fits the Meta and this deck perfect try reworking the idea and running Donphan with a new energy line, less Regigigas EX, and a different TSS line also.

There seems to be way too much energy. I'd suggest taking out a bunch of energy that is not needed, such as the electrics, some waters, and some fires because this deck is not based off of the Blue Flare, galciate, etc. attacks but the outrage type decks. Instead of heavy ball, level ball, and some super rods, I'd definitely add about 4 collectors, since this is a all basic deck, and add more PONT and Juniper and N. There is no need for IQ since getting out energies will usually not be a problem. I'd suggest adding a Donphan line about 3-3 and some fighting energies. Catcher is definitely a must in this deck so I would suggest adding about 3 catchers. I'd cut some zekrom too since almost nothing has weakness to zekrom.

Far too much energy IMO, you definatly need to drop some, maybe for the Donphan Prime that BRenden suggested? And some Fighting obviously...

I think that Shaymin UL would help this deck a lot. I also don't think you need Fire Energy because Blue Flare is inconsistent without energy acceleration. Victini might be a better replacement for Reshiram.
-3 Reshiram
-5 Fire
+2 Victini
+1 Zekrom EX
+2 Mewtwo EX
+1 Reshiram EX
+ Water Energy

iisnumber12 said:
I think that Shaymin UL would help this deck a lot. I also don't think you need Fire Energy because Blue Flare is inconsistent without energy acceleration. Victini might be a better replacement for Reshiram.
-3 Reshiram
-5 Fire
+2 Victini
+1 Zekrom EX
+2 Mewtwo EX
+1 Reshiram EX
+ Water Energy

That's still 24 energy in the deck. Don't you think that's...maybe double as much as needed?

petertclo said:
That's still 24 energy in the deck. Don't you think that's...maybe double as much as needed?

Wow, didn't really look at how many energy. I only think a few energy of each type is needed. I think the energy line should look like this
4 Rainbow
4 Prism
3 Lightning
3 Water
1 Fire

I don't know what you should add though.

iisnumber12 said:
Wow, didn't really look at how many energy. I only think a few energy of each type is needed. I think the energy line should look like this
4 Rainbow
4 Prism
3 Lightning
3 Water
1 Fire

I don't know what you should add though.

wut about the DCE

Jirachi said:
There seems to be way too much energy. I'd suggest taking out a bunch of energy that is not needed, such as the electrics, some waters, and some fires because this deck is not based off of the Blue Flare, galciate, etc. attacks but the outrage type decks. Instead of heavy ball, level ball, and some super rods, I'd definitely add about 4 collectors, since this is a all basic deck, and add more PONT and Juniper and N. There is no need for IQ since getting out energies will usually not be a problem. I'd suggest adding a Donphan line about 3-3 and some fighting energies. Catcher is definitely a must in this deck so I would suggest adding about 3 catchers. I'd cut some zekrom too since almost nothing has weakness to zekrom.
You know my little bro right? Cobakid?

DracoKid said:
what about the DCE

You know my little bro right? Cobakid?

Oh wow totally for got. 4 DCEs is necessary. I would cut down on the basic energies because you have rainbow and prism

4 DCE
4 Prism
4 Rainbow
2 Lightning
2 Water
1 Fire

As mentioned above, I would agree that the current amount of energy cards you are playing is overkill. I would cut it down to this:

4 Rainbow Energy
4 Prism Energy
3 Double Colorless Energy
3 Lightning Energy
2 Water Energy
2 Fire Energy

Energy: 18

This gives you ten card slots. I think that it would be worth testing Electrode Prime as a form of energy acceleration. A 3-3 line will do the trick.

+3-3 Electrode Prime

After that, I would definitely look into a stronger search engine. Pokémon Collector is a must in this deck.

+4 Pokémon Collector

I don't really see the point in Level Ball either, being able to search out Pichu is nice, but a playset of Pokémon Collector should suffice. I would also argue that Cilan > Interviewer's Questions. However, with Electrode, I don't think you will need any method of searching out energy. If you want to keep a form of energy search, I would recommend testing Cilan, but if you want to go the Electrode route, drop the Interviewer's for Pokémon Communication.

-2 Interviewer's Questions
+2 Pokémon Communication
-2 Level Ball
-1 Super Rod (3 isn't needed)
+3 Eviolite

Eviolite is great to make your EXs even bulkier. The reduction of 20 per attack is amazing. Now that Collector is in this deck, Heavy Ball is also going to be practically pointless, considering it can only search out Regigigas EX. Every thing else in your deck excluding Pichu has a 2 retreat cost, falling one short of Heavy Ball's retreat cost requirement.

-3 Heavy Ball
+3 N

I really feel that you are going to want some more hand refresh in this deck, N is probably the best source of hand refresh we have in the game right now, because it can disrupt your opponent, and keep you from decking out late in the game. Hope these suggestions help man. Oh, and if you could edit the names of the main attackers of your deck into your thread title, that would be great :)

Back