Deck Discussion #12: Blazeray (DP-SV)

Blue Thunder

so long!
Come on, people! We need more voters! I only received 1 vote this week, and that person voted for multiple things. However, I chose Blazeray from that list, seeing as it what PokeBeach is currently hyped up about it. I personally think it isn't the greatest deck, nor do I care much for it, but.....this deck can generate a lot of discussion. Hench my choice for Blazeray.

The next Deck Discussion should be posted on August 31st, but again, no promises. (I posted this one a day late, so that just proves how reliable I am at that. =p) Again, I will take votes to choose the next Deck Discussion. However, I need at LEAST 3 votes, or else it's my pick.

Onto the combo, I suppose:

Blazeray is built around Blaziken FB LV. X (SV) and Luxray GL LV. X (RR) to create a fast deck. It is often seen as a Luxape replacement. Blaziken FB and Luxray GL both have their tactics to bring up a different Pokemon, which then allows Blaziken to hit the new Defending Pokemon for a decent amount of damage. Blaziken's Luring Flame allows it to bring up any of your opponent's Pokemon on the Bench, bring it to the Active position, and then Burn it. The Burn goes well with Blaziken FB LV. X's Body, which allows any damage done to Burned Pokemon to be 40 more. You can then choose to hit with Luxray GL or Blaziken FB LV. X. Luxray also aids in covering Blaziken's Weakness to Water, much like it did for Infernape 4.

Discuss! =D (And remember to VOTE)

This is one of the decks expected to see play at PR. It most likely will win several and I find the deck very fun to play.

I don't like it either, If it wins it will be in Seniors or Juniors because Masters destroy speed decks like this. It has a hard time with late-game I think because how are you going to win by just relying on killing techs to win.

PokeKid Brandon said:
This is one of the decks expected to see play at PR. It most likely will win several and I find the deck very fun to play.

You mean BR? Lol

I love this deck. Seriously. The combo is great if you can get it running T1 (not hard). I love Blaziken to bits. Luxray adds even more disruption, and the power and speed early game is just too hard to pass up for an amazingly fun deck.

dmaster out.

d master342 said:
You mean BR? Lol

I love this deck. Seriously. The combo is great if you can get it running T1 (not hard). I love Blaziken to bits. Luxray adds even more disruption, and the power and speed early game is just too hard to pass up for an amazingly fun deck.

dmaster out.

Oops LoL. Yea I meant BR. As many people say that it does not really have late game power I would osmewhat agree. however it thrives in the early game and can DESTROY someone's setup making it where you can just sweep through basic stage 1's rea quick without giving them a chance to set up.

I enjoy playing this deck so much. It has the shear power to be able to get a KO every single turn. Like some others have said, now that it has the ability to disrupt in the form of a Poke-Power and Attack, the deck has just gotten better. To give an example of how well this deck plays, I KO'd a Claydol 4 times in a row during a single game. They never even got to use the Claydol for when it was out. The only draw power that they got to use was one Uxie. That helped them a bit, but not enough.

Lunar Wing said:
I enjoy playing this deck so much. It has the shear power to be able to get a KO every single turn. Like some others have said, now that it has the ability to disrupt in the form of a Poke-Power and Attack, the deck has just gotten better. To give an example of how well this deck plays, I KO'd a Claydol 4 times in a row during a single game. They never even got to use the Claydol for when it was out. The only draw power that they got to use was one Uxie. That helped them a bit, but not enough.

sounds like the person you were playing against had trouble with the concept of the deck... why would they keep trying to get Claydols out.

This deck lacks Ape's switching ability, 100 damage attack, and early game spreading in return for a turn-ending switch, and an attack that makes him almost a guaranteed OHKO that's a turn faster. So I'm still all together with Luxape on this one, though I personally would never play either deck in a tournament myself.

I love Luxape, very cool deck. I wanted to play it at a BR or two but I'm not because everyone plays GeChamp and flips 4 heads on Hurricane Punch.

It's like Luxape except Infernape didn't have to attack to switch, couldn't get blocked by Unown G, (ONE Unown G on the active shuts down the strategy pretty well) and doesn't have to basically commit suicide to deal 100+. I've been messing with Blaziken FB and honestly, this isn't the way to use him.

This was the most fun deck I've ever I've played Legoes. Blaziken is a lot more faster and consistant than Infernape 4. 80 for one with an E-Gain on BFB Lv.X is better than 100 for 2 and discard on Infernape 4 Lv.X. Yeah, no discard and faster, more consistant damage. Plus, with Blaziken FB's Luring Flame you can do a deadly switch in the early game. Something on Baltoy and stuff, forcing them to waste a Warp Point/Switch or burn an energy. With Luxray and more consistant, high damage from BFB Lv.X, I guess you can do some really fast KO's.

Although Blaziken lacks the switch ability like Infernape 4 does, being able to make you switch the Defending Pokemon and the burn damage makes up for it. Sure, Unown G. That's why we run things like Luxray/Warp Point to deal with Unown G.

i think the deck is amazing but alot of people dont realy get how to play because there is just way to many things it can do. i like it more then luxape because i feel it has much more options then luxape.

I haven't tested the deck but i have played around w/luxray and blaziken seems like a good choice to combo w/so all in all it looks like an okay deck besides the having no late game

I got a blaziken but I just don't believe it will be as good as people say. The Japanese are good and all but they aren't the cream of the crop so you don't know if this deck is viable in a format which contains may great players

Ofcourse they aren't the cream of the crop. They don't live in the USA. Obviously the guy who came second only played autowins untill the finals and had 99% of the games masive luck.

The deck is good., but BDIF? Only time will tell. Untill then, try it and enjoy the game.

^ I was not saying the USA are the best but we do not know if our meta is different or if the majority are better

ze_draeck said:
Ofcourse they aren't the cream of the crop. They don't live in the USA. Obviously the guy who came second only played autowins untill the finals and had 99% of the games masive luck.

The deck is good., but BDIF? Only time will tell. Untill then, try it and enjoy the game.

He played 4 Gechamp decks in top cut before getting to the final.

Back