Debate: Best website to judge a card's value?

Ice

Returnee
Debate the use of price guides here or ask questions on what are most accurate. For the newer TCG collectors here are some well known sides.

Troll & Toad (I find this very inaccurate)
Ebay IMO this is the best
Amazon

RE: Price guide debate thread

eBay is probably the best "price guide" to go by.

You also have to understand that Troll & Toad is a retailer and they have to sell above market price in order to make the most profit. eBay is considered a secondary market because other people also have access to this market and are able to reach out to other buyers.. eBay also reflects what people are realistically willing to pay for a card while T&T has a fairly good amount of stock and can list their inventory at fixed prices..

Puckstopper20 said:
eBay is probably the best "price guide" to go by.

You also have to understand that Troll & Toad is a retailer and they have to sell above market price in order to make the most profit. eBay is considered a secondary market because other people also have access to this market and are able to reach out to other buyers.. eBay also reflects what people are realistically willing to pay for a card while T&T has a fairly good amount of stock and can list their inventory at fixed prices..

I know I just like to make sure people reading this thread know T&T is not a price guide.

Ebay completed listings. Lowest BIN is close, but you can list something at lowest BIN and it will sit there for 2 weeks with no takers. Completed listings are the most accurate IMO. Also remember that all sales on Ebay get taxed around 12-15% so that should give you some idea

exdarkrai01 said:
Ebay completed listings. Lowest BIN is close, but you can list something at lowest BIN and it will sit there for 2 weeks with no takers. Completed listings are the most accurate IMO. Also remember that all sales on Ebay get taxed around 12-15% so that should give you some idea

Second'd

Ebay Completed Listings with Recent First selected, take the average of the last 5 or so that sold. That's the best way to get an accurate price for a card.

Keep in mind that TnT is a retailer so they sell everything at a profit.

It is not hard to find someone on eBay willing to sell a card for less than TnT.

Ebay completed is by far the best. I have people looking at active listings where you see cards going for 3x their value on buy-it-now or even auction with no bidders.

Back