Darkrai EX to become staple?

pokemonjoe said:
Darkrai has it's uses, but it can be catcher ko'd for 2 prizes. In a basic attacking deck, skyarrow bridge is better.

I don't know about that; in ERZT Skyarrow Bridge blows it out of the water, but in decks relying on high Retreat heavy hitters (such as 'Gigas EX, Reshiram EX or Empoleon/Donphan) or just decks that use Dark Energy in general, Darkrai EX gives a huge amount of power to you by providing free retreat at little cost. If your opponent were to catcher it out and then do 180 damage in a turn, you're probably in bad shape as it is. But if they must catcher it up twice to finish it off, how is that any different for them just using two catchers to take prizes in other situations? They've played two catchers to take two prizes, and thats fine with me.

I'm not saying it's bad, but don't throw it into a deck because you can. Some pokemon don't need free retreat, but others do.

Man!!! This will be a great card for Speed Chandelure!!! Sweet! I play both, so that is going to be in The Speed version for sure, instead of Dodrio. Maybe not for Chand Plume though.

Fair enough; but, my stance remains that in any deck that has difficulty retreating, and can afford to at least run Rainbow Energy, or Unown Dark and a few Dark Energy, then Darkrai EX is one of the most elegant ways of getting Free Retreat on your board.

Back