• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Darkrai EX/Mewtwo EX

HellYeah

X-Ball motherf***er
Pokemon:10
3 Darkrai EX
3 Mewtwo EX
3 Sableye
1 Bouffalant (bouffer)

T/S/S:37
4 Juniper
4 N
3 Bianca
2 Skyla
2 Random Receiver
1 Comp Search
3 Ultra ball
4 Catcher
4 Dark patch
4 energy switch
3 Eviolite
1 Dark claw
2 Tool Scrapper

Energy: 13
9 Darkness
4 DCE

The goal is to set up darkrai T2 or aggro with mewtwo. mewtwo can sweep late game and darkrai will help soften bench sitters with night spear snipe. bouffalant is for EXs.

Any suggestions and help will be appreciated :D
thanks in advance

RE: Darkrai/Mewtwo

I don't think dark claw Is anywhere as good as Eviolite in this deck so...
-1 Dark claw
+1 Eviolite or something else needed not sure what's missing?

Make sure you do not try to hard to keep town map in this deck it is not a great fit...
Good luck with the list! Hope I helped :)

I would very much so agree with t-tar trainer in that town map doesn't fit well in the deck. Also, if you take it out you can add another eviolite or tool scrapper, which in my opinion are both much more useful than town map. I would probably suggest another tool scrapper, because an opposing Pokemon with an eviolite can be very annoying.
Hope I helped!

thanks! I'm thinking of removing town map
I'll take your suggestions I'll remove town map and add tool scrapper
anyway what is a good counter to sigyliph here?
I got screwed yesterday by sigyliph using may darkrai hammers

I will not use terrakion it will use different energy.
I'm thinking of using Tornadus EPO.
And I'm thinking of adding another skyla for bianca, is that a good move?

I would not use Skyla in this deck since it is supposed to be extremely fast. Skyla is usually only good in decks that need a bit of setting up. But you can still test it and if it works for you than go ahead and use it. Also I would run at least 2 Bouffalant. Sableye would be one of the first things I would take out because you only are gonna use it first turn, maybe, I find that Sableye isn't as much of a necessity in this deck. You actually will probably use it more late game, so you really only need about 2.
Lastly, this is what I would do:
-1 Dark Claw
+1 Ultra Ball

I would add the skyla if you are having problems drawing your ultra balls or energy switch etc. If you aren't, draw power is really nice. Sableye is only really useful at the beginning of the game, but remember to account for prizes. Sableye and darkrai are what this deck is based around, I would only run 2 if I had to. I prefer 3. Tornadus ex could be good, but I don't think that Tornadus EPO is a good tech. Sableye lets your re use your items, so I run 3 catcher, 3 dark patch and just junk hunt them. This can open up space for additional cards like: Keldeo EX (with prisms), another Bouffalant dragons exalted, sigilyph dragons exalted. Sigilyph is good for a couple of reasons: can make your opponent burn catchers to make it around sigilyph and keeps damage from EX's. If you wanted to run Terrakion (really good for other darkrai decks) Play prisms in your deck. You don't have anything but basic pokemon so you don't run the risk of having a useless special energy. Town map and dark claw are probably not necessary in this deck. Just some suggestions.

Everyone hating on Dark Claw doesn't know how to do math. I think Dark Claw is almost better than Eviolite in this deck. After a snipe for 30 your can hit things like Terrakion, Blastoise etc. for a single Night Spear. You can snipe a 170 HP Pokemon twice (Keldeo EX, Mewtwo EX etc.) and then Catcher, Night Spear. Dark Claw is incredible on a Darkrai. I'm not saying Eviolite is a bad card, it's actually one of my favorites. Dark Claw is just to good paired with Darkrai. Since your running 4 Tools though I would split 2-2. Eviolite just loses a lot of flare to me since 2 Secret Swords is still a KO rather than 3 hits. If you can't slow them down, you gotta speed up. Since its straght Darkrai to, Dark Claw will help against Terrakion as well. I like 3 Skyla though. It will enable you to get important cards like Computer Search or Dark Patch in the discard early game, then you start the Junk Hunt loop and get set up.

Dark claw is good, but eviolite take most big basics from a 2 hit ko to a 3 hit ko. This is preference for me, I prefer to keep darkrai more protected than I do him OHKO other big basics. Sacred sword requires a turn in between so eviolited or not, it's still a 3 hit ko. That being said, I only run 2 eviolite and paired with skyla and junk hunt I think that a 2-2 split can work well. In my experiance the NV terrakion/virizion/cobalion are played almost exclusively over the emerging powers version. People don't like that the EP ones have less health and a turn in between the sacred sword attacks.

Nice deck.

IMHO, many players will run Tool Scrappers also; so, your Tools may become ineffective quickly. I also believe players do plan to KO an Eviolited Poké; so, in the long run, I'm not sure how really effective an Eviolite is (does it really buy you an extra turn consistently?). For example, in my Terrakion-Mewtwo EX-Darkrai EX deck, I run Plus Powers which nullifies an Eviolite. On the other hand, I tend to lean more towards offense; so, I'd suggest 2/3 Dark Claw (-1/2 Eviolite). You know the meta game in your area - this may help you decide your options.

Lastly, I'd suggest dropping the 3rd Eviolite for another Ultra Ball to maximize your chances of getting more Dark energy into your discard pile faster in order to fuel the Dark Patch energy attachment.

Hope these comments help.

The more that I scan people's lists the more that I'm seeing people not liking eviolite due to scrappers. I tried my deck without it and threw in some luxury cards like energy search and some bouffalants and I'm really liking the change so far. I don't see much of a difference because tool scrapper often does kill your eviolite right after you play it. And with keldeo EX decks, they just play right through your eviolite so maybe playing without the eviolites and with some other 61st cards might give you a better deck. Maybe dark claw or max potions/potions of some sort. You should know that I tested this with a hydreigon deck.

Back