• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Darkrai EX/Hydregion

@Emopanda133 I highly recommend an extra Sableye so it will be easier to get so you can get back your Dark Patches.
Also, personally I prefer Shaymin, because it needs less energy, but it really can only be used late-game. Giratina EX can be used in any situation but requires 2+ turns to setup. I'm gonna have to playtest both =)
Also, Tool Scrapper seems interesting, because I have hard times against Garbordor. Maybe take out 1 Max Potion?
Hope I helped! =D

Shaymin is what makes the deck, Giratina doesn't. Late game I find myself using Shaymin to easily net the last two prizes of the game. 'Tina is still OK though, I just hate the fact that you need two Blends, and when it gets KO'd you're losing them, you can't replace them with Darks like you can with Registeel and Darkrai. Another problem is the weakness. You can get a KO on Sigilyph, but they can always revenge with Hydreigon. If you need a Sigilyph counter, use your own Sigilyph, or tech Registeel or Victini (V-Create). Both can act as Sigilyph counters and other things as well.

Bianca is so much better than Cheren. It's definitely the safer option, considering you'll be running on mostly small hands. I once used a Random Receiver when it was the only card in my hand. Do I want Bianca or Cheren?

Also, I cannot see how you work without 4 Catchers. I'd take out a Max Potion and a Dark Patch for two more, they are totally necessary against all of your matchups.

Also, play a Dark Claw instead of a third Eviolite. I was skeptical, but I tested it and loved it. It hits magic numbers against Garchomp and Empoleon, cancels out Eviolite...right now I'm even considering another one.

Other than that, your list is solid! Good luck, hope I helped. :]

Matryoshka said:
Shaymin is what makes the deck, Giratina doesn't. Late game I find myself using Shaymin to easily net the last two prizes of the game. 'Tina is still OK though, I just hate the fact that you need two Blends, and when it gets KO'd you're losing them, you can't replace them with Darks like you can with Registeel and Darkrai. Another problem is the weakness. You can get a KO on Sigilyph, but they can always revenge with Hydreigon. If you need a Sigilyph counter, use your own Sigilyph, or tech Registeel or Victini (V-Create). Both can act as Sigilyph counters and other things as well.

Bianca is so much better than Cheren. It's definitely the safer option, considering you'll be running on mostly small hands. I once used a Random Receiver when it was the only card in my hand. Do I want Bianca or Cheren?

Also, I cannot see how you work without 4 Catchers. I'd take out a Max Potion and a Dark Patch for two more, they are totally necessary against all of your matchups.

Also, play a Dark Claw instead of a third Eviolite. I was skeptical, but I tested it and loved it. It hits magic numbers against Garchomp and Empoleon, cancels out Eviolite...right now I'm even considering another one.

Other than that, your list is solid! Good luck, hope I helped. :]

There's a few points I'm conserned about when reading this:
A: How does Registeel EX tech against Sigilyph?
B:Like I've said before, I can never get my hand below three cards. That's why I use Cheren.
C: I hope you don't mean Eviolite in Garchomp and Empoleon decks, cuz I don't think I've ever seen them run it?
D: After testing both, I found Giratina EX is better, for one reason: Versatility. I can use him early game, unlike Shaymin EX, and his ability to OHKO the Dragons with a less hefty backlash than Hydregion's Attack is way better because of the amount of Energy on field. While yes, Shaymin EX sweeps late-game, it doesn't matter much if they don't take enough prizes to matter.It's kinda like saying: Do you want to run fast early so they can't catch up, or blast past them to secure a win?

Back