• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Darkness Toolbox

TheCharmanderTeen

I'm got Ho-Oh again. My final deck before I retire
This is Darkness Toolbox. It has Zoroark and Tornadus as main attackers.

Pokemon: 13
1 Darkrai EX [DE] (free retreat with a {D})
3 Zorua [DE] 69/108 (1st turn evolution with attack)
1 Zorua [DE] 70/108 (paralyzes if needed)
4 Zoroark [DE] (main attacker)
3 Tornadus [EP or BLW] (counter to Terrakion and one less prize card than Tornadus EX)
1 Sableye [DE] (confusion and helps get back items from discard)

T/S/S: 33

Supporters: 13
4 Professor Oak's New Theory
4 Sage's Training (discards {D} for Dark Patch to receive)
2 Pokemon Collector (I usually start with very few Pokemon, so this helps me get more)
1 N
1 Professor Juniper

Trainers: 20
4 Pokemon Catcher
2 Random Receiver
3 Dark Patch (to receive {D})
3 Junk Arm (discard {D} and unneeded cards for Dark Patch to get {D} back)
2 Dark Claw (helps Zoroark do 20 more Damage)
2 Eviolite (does 20 less damage to Tornadus to help him counter Terrakion even more)
4 Crushing Hammer (gets rid of opponent's energy)
1 Super Rod (gets Darkrai and Tornadus back if they get knocked out)

Stadium: 0

Energy: 14
10 Dark Energy
4 DCE

That's my Darkness Toolbox! Any comments are welcomed and enjoyed!

Get rid of the paralyzed Zorua and replace it with the Ascension Zorua. Also get rid of the Enhanced Hammers and add Junk Arm and a Dark Patch so it will look like this:
-2 Enhanced Hammers
-1 Paralyze Zorua

+1 Ascension Zorua
+1 Junk Arm
+1 Dark Patch
rather than that the deck looks good :p

Dweaver said:
Get rid of the paralyzed Zorua and replace it with the Ascension Zorua

I've thought about that, and the reason I have one paralyze Zorua is that if evolving would still get me knocked out, I just paralyze to buy myself more time.

Dweaver said:
Get rid of the paralyzed Zorua and replace it with the Ascension Zorua. Also get rid of the Enhanced Hammers and add Junk Arm and a Dark Patch so it will look like this:
-2 Enhanced Hammers
-1 Paralyze Zorua

+1 Ascension Zorua
+1 Junk Arm
+1 Dark Patch
rather than that the deck looks good :p

What if I'm going against Mewtwo EX or Tornadus EX. Then I need to get rid of the DCE on them.

pokemonmbl said:
I've thought about that, and the reason I have one paralyze Zorua is that if evolving would still get me knocked out, I just paralyze to buy myself more time.

What if I'm going against Mewtwo EX or Tornadus EX. Then I need to get rid of the DCE on them.

Good Point but why not just use Lost Remover so theres no way they can get the energy back

Dweaver said:
Good Point but why not just use Lost Remover so theres no way they can get the energy back

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there aren't any cards that can get special energy back besides Recycle, which not many people run. Even if someone does run Recycle, I don't think that they're going to get a DCE back. I will consider doing that though. I've heard that idea before.

pokemonmbl said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there aren't any cards that can get special energy back besides Recycle, which not many people run. Even if someone does run Recycle, I don't think that they're going to get a DCE back. I will consider doing that though. I've heard that idea before.
This is rare but Steelix Prime can get back special energies

Dweaver said:
This is rare but Steelix Prime can get back special energies

Yeah, I guess you're right. However, Enhanced Hammer will be in rotation longer than Lost Remover.

Add another 2 Darkrai. Also you can rely on 1 foul play zoroark. Get more refresh supporters. Also agree on lost remover. 2 Tornadus is enough.

-1 DE Zoroark
-3 Sages Training
-2 Enhanced Hammer
-2 PONT
-1 Tornadus

+1 BW Zoroark
+2 Darkrai
+2 Lost Remover
+3 Juniper
+1 N

Sinnoh_Champion_Ernesto said:
Add another 2 Darkrai. Also you can rely on 1 foul play zoroark. Get more refresh supporters. Also agree on lost remover. 2 Tornadus is enough.

-1 DE Zoroark
-3 Sages Training
-2 Enhanced Hammer
-2 PONT
-1 Tornadus

+1 BW Zoroark
+2 Darkrai
+2 Lost Remover
+3 Juniper
+1 N

With Sage's Training, I don't want to run cards that make me discard to much than draw. I don't want to deck out with too many Juniper. Also, Darkrai isn't used to much. I don't need many. I only use it for its ability. I only use DE Zoroark because I usually have a lot of dark Pokemon on my bench. As for Tornadus, everything in my deck gets beaten by Terrakion. Tornadus is the only thing that counters it.

But you can run only 2 tornadus is enough. I know that darkrai is only use for its ability but it might get KO by terrakion and catcher.

Sinnoh_Champion_Ernesto said:
But you can run only 2 tornadus is enough. I know that darkrai is only use for its ability but it might get KO by terrakion and catcher.

That's why I use Super Rod.

Back