News 'Dark Order,' Japan's October Mini-Set!

Mr. Mirek

Aspiring Trainer
Unfortunately, I do not think this will be a viable card. Weakness to fighting already puts it at a disadvantage. And the 160 attack that can't be used next turn just makes it even riskier.

The Red Genesect

The robot that made it past Captcha
It could OHKO Buzzwole GX with a Choice Band. And searching for any two cards is good very early in a battle.

SamuelOak

Researcher
Unless Dark Patch gets a reprint this won't be competitively viable. Lapras GX has better acceleration and similar attacks, with an arguably better weakness.

Luxinity

Elegant Cosplayer
Hoopa: hey, Necrozma GX, can i copy your GX attack?
Necrozma: sure, just change it up a little so it won't look obvious

Sethy79

Aspiring Trainer
Now if only we had a prism star that accelerates dark energy like we do for psychic and dragon, this could work really well. I totally misread the GX and didn't realize you could stack the damage. Does the choice band really add 30 damage for everyone GX pokemon on top of the normal damage? That seems too good. It's a way around the baby buzzwole problem, but then again, facing baby buzz means there probably aren't too many GX pokemon on the bench. It seems like you need a lot of GX pokemon to get the damage high enough. Also, the translation says do 30 damage to each of those pokemon (You may choose the same pokemon more than once). That doesn't make any sense to me. If it said "do 30 damage FOR each of these pokemon" I would understand that better.

NewBarkTownTV

Aspiring Trainer
I like it mostly for its first attack. I can see this card being fairly deadly if we got something similar to the hydregon from a while back that allowed you to move darkness energy about.

Dark seems to be going for the spread damage theme after seeing this and the tyranitar-gx so it be interesting to see if it comes together for an interesting deck

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
You could a Nanu to switch an incineroar GX into this. Meaning you could do 160 T2 hypothetically.

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
I can see this working as a one-of, if dark gets some acceleration. The first attack is decent, second would be excellent if the retreat were one less and if it weren't overused. The GX is very good, because not only can it do 180 to a single benched GX, which no other GX attack can, and it can spread to knock out two half health GXes, and three heavily damaged GXes.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
No. See my previous reply. Basically choice band adds 30 for each attack. An attack is determined by its name, not the amount of times damage is decided.

That seems to be correct. Had to look up a ruling for Brozong Break which also had an attack that allowed one to hit any Pokémon for 30x the number of energies discarded and also enabled one to choose the same Pokémon more than once. Unfortunately it has been ruled that Choice Band does not factor in cumulatively but only once and only for the active Pokémon obviously. Nevertheless the GX attack is still rather versatile. From my point of view the viability of this card will depend on whether we get some acceleration cards for Darkness Pokémon such as Dark Patch or a Darkness version of Malamar.

Antonio123456

Aspiring Trainer
That seems to be correct. Had to look up a ruling for Brozong Break which also had an attack that allowed one to hit any Pokémon for 30x the number of energies discarded and also enabled one to choose the same Pokémon more than once. Unfortunately it has been ruled that Choice Band does not factor in cumulatively but only once and only for the active Pokémon obviously. Nevertheless the GX attack is still rather versatile. From my point of view the viability of this card will depend on whether we get some acceleration cards for Darkness Pokémon such as Dark Patch or a Darkness version of Malamar.
A Dark Malamar would be incredibly apt. They did metal and electric magnezone, when not malamar. I'd be surprised if they don't. Otherwise hoopa will be relegated to expanded, where it will be tied with Lapras, and worse than buzzwole.

Rusery

Ethical Vegan Pokemaster
Looks like fluff to me, and i am usually very open minded. We have a lot better for spread damage and its main attack is extremely lackluster. You can never afford to let up on the pressure. The card begs to be hit-&-run but its retreat punishes that. If it was CC retreat i could use this, but as-is, its going in the bin.

birdboy2000

Bird Keeper
The GX seems like a bit of an emergency move, definitely good if it'll take three or four prizes (and given that you're hitting 160 or 190, that's far from out of the question) but not really something you go into games intending to use or build your deck around. You play it for the first attack (Sylveon, but a basic! No more donks! We found a new way to play Hoopa mill! Only two not three but the tradeoff is probably worth it...) and the second move hits very relevant numbers in expanded, or if there's a way to accelerate to it in the standard format.

Zipplip

Aspiring Trainer
Hoopa is a weaker Buzz. You are triggered. Respond if you are.
No, you are right. Although in Expanded, it is much easier to get rolling thanks to Dark patch and Max Elixir. If we don’t get much Dark support for Standard, I can see this being a great tech in Dark decks in Expanded for the GX attack alone.