• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

dark.dec bw-on

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob
4-3/1 zoroark (1 foul play, 3 brutal bash)
2 sableye
2 darkrai ex
1 mewtwo ex

Pokémon: 13

4 random receiver
4 juniper
4 dark patch
3 level ball
3 ultra ball
3 N
2 catcher
2 dark claw
2 cheren
2 Bianca
2 crushing hammer
1 enhanced hammer
1 super rod

Tss: 33

2 dce
12 dark

Energy: 14

Total: 60

Stall strategy: catcher + crushing hammer + junk hunt. Prize strategy: zoroark swarm. Use ultra ball to discard dark energy to attach with dark patch then clean up with darkrai

mrwillster

Accelgor will be my salvation.
i would suggest upping the DCE

now i like the use of sableye as a junk arm proxy. haha is that what you're using it for?

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob
pretty much. the DCE is good since enhanced hammer will still see minimal play, while giving me some options to attack faster. I more often than not have a zoroark with 0 energy before the dce drop vs having one with one dark and only a dce in hand.usually when that happens, I juniper the dce away if they have a mewtwo out. also, the DCE is great for mewtwo since I can't Dark patch to it.

I

ImmaAbra

You should add a Shiftry line to this deck. It's really disruptive because you get to remove 4 of your opponent's Pokemon in play and then you can still get extra damage from it for Zoroark. You should probably drop some of those trainers for it since you have a lot of trainers right now.

Puff-Sun

Gogoats
Hmm... I wouldn't run shiftry. not very good, stage 2, really bad start, etc etc etc. However, I would recommend Weavile NXD as maybe a 2-1 tech against the mirror matchup. being able to OHKO their main attacker for 1 special dark is really good.

Jirachi

Smile!
Yeah. Shiftry may take longer to set up than others and takes up a lot of sPace. If you were to add a disruption card, I'd choose it to be weavile as well because it works better than shiftry because it uses super scoop up or seeker better and takes up less space. Plus it has free retreat.
For the deck, I'd try to find more space for another catcher, which can help a lot.

Just wondering, but what's the "current" card in your decklist? I am not familiar with this card. Did you perhaps misspelled it or...? Did you mean cheren?

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob
Lol... My phone changed it. It is supposed to be cheren. Also, no sp dark or claw snag weavile since it's bw-on. I wish I had more catchers :/

Jirachi

Smile!
Oh yeah. Sorry, I keep on forgetting. Well, Anyways, I still wouldn't really like shiftry in this deck because it's a stage 2 and if you really want to make use Of its ability, devolution spray would be the best option but it isn't out yet, so super scoop up or seeker would really be the only cards that would let you use it's power over again, but it would take too long. And it takes up a lot of space (rare candy, Pokemon line, etc.) that could be used for others. Though theoretically it would work well, it just would cause too many problems. Maybe use something else to fill up the bench with dark types? Only 8 dark basics could be enough I guess, but I'd prefer to have around 9-10 so it's more likely that you could fill up your bench with them.

ChemDawg

Aspiring Trainer
Looks good. I definatley see sable eye for the bw-on. trainer and supporters look pretty tight. This may be more a matter of my own play style but i would probaly just drop all the disruption and add some more catcher and another ultra ball or level. More consistency and zoroark can be fast enough to not need to disrupt but with decks getting slower in the bw format disrupting could give you a edge. What you've presented looks very solid and i will definatley test it with the disruption.

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob
I don't like Shiftry... if I were to run a stage 2 dark, it would be krookodile or hydreigon. since Zoroark will take early prizes, and a reverse Shaymin EX kind of attack is really nice. but any stage 2 would cut my consistency. sure, I could drop the disruption since it's only 3 cards.. (6 if you count N, but with a limited supporter pool, it's staying.) also hydreigon's spread attack goes well with darkrai.

I might just try and get a third darkrai.. which is no easy task =/

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob
so, I wiffed on cut with this list (2 of my wins dropped) so I figured if I make it HS-on just for BR's I might win. and since there has been more than one suggestion in a current format kind of way, I decided to make some quick edits for an HS-on version.

-1 Mewtwo (darkrai seems to be a decent enough counter to mewtwo)
-2 Bianca
- 3 level ball
- 2 dark

+3 sp dark
+2 PONT
+3 Dual ball (since level balls only got the basics in the first place and I seem to get heads more than 50% of the time)

I think that once tool scrapper comes out, I'll drop the dark claws and 2 sp darks (since they'll most likely be rotated) for 4 pluspower. the third sp dark would either be a mewtwo again or a tool scrapper.

cool

Hi.
Hey I run a pretty similar deck, and with all the new Dragon based expansions being shown in Japan, would you or anyone else be willing to guess what would be a good replacement for Mewtwo? I feel like Mewtwo will fall out of popularity and usability, obviously I could be wrong so let me know what you think. Thanks.

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob
Another darkrai ;-)

Although darkrai with the new dark type dragon with energy trans won a big tournament, so there's that.

cool

Hi.
What about adding Tornadus(')?

I feel like that could be of use to the upcoming Terrakion-EX decks that I'm sure people are going to run to counter Darkrai.

Or would just keeping Mewtwo or running 3 Darkrai's be the best idea?

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob
Putting in techs will do more harm than good, just go all out with zoroark and sableye as long as you can without dropping a darkrai.

cool

Hi.
True true, tested it with a couple proxies and it seemed to be more aesthetics and wasn't really able to add anything.

Okay so I'll either just keep the Mewtwo or just have 3 Darkrais, eitherway it seems good.

Thanks for the responses!