Cutiefly, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Drampa, Togedemaru, Bruxish, and Tapu Koko Revealed!

Tapu Koko is the Guardian of Melemele Island, and apparently the other islands will have Guardians, too.

Since Tapu Koko is Electric/Fairy, I wonder if they will have the same Type Combo, or another?
If they are going to be different, I would guess that the Guardian of:

- The "Geyser Island" probably will be Fire/Fairy.
- The Notheastern Island will be Grass/Fairy.
- The Ice Mountain Island will be Ice/Fairy (or maybe Water/Fairy?).

What do you think?

I gotta disagree. "a combo that has never been done before!" is overrated.
I mean, sure, IT IS interesting when there is a new Pokemon showcasing a new combo, but at this point, I'm more excited to see an interesting combo that has been done before getting a new Pokémon, than a Pokémon showcasing a new combo that just doesn't have charm for a lack of better word ;D

For example, the Rotom forms basically took the "FIRST" for a lot of colorful Electric combos, but I'm still eager to see a more generic Pokémon boasting the energetic combo of Electric+Fire.

We've also had Grass/Ground before, and a very solid design with Torterra, but I feel like that's a combination so natural that we should have seen at least as often as Water/Ground for example (Quagsire/Swampert/Whiscash/Gastrodon/Seismitoad.. 5 separate evolutionary lines so far xD)

Etc.

*Sics George on Mitja* But in all seriousness, still relative term.

Tapu Koko is the Guardian of Melemele Island, and apparently the other islands will have Guardians, too.

Since Tapu Koko is Electric/Fairy, I wonder if they will have the same Type Combo, or another?

What do you think?

That would be great. I would be really disappointed if all the guardians will be the same type combo.

I don't know how I feel about Drampa. It gives me similar vibes to how I felt about the elemental monkeys, which is not a good thing. What's more problamatic is that it is probably doesn't have any evolution since he is too old.. wait..

Drampa is a normal Dragon type

It is based on granpa and dragon

Therefore it is old.. and the next stage after being old is to be dead..or.. to be a ghost, which is the opposite type of Normal..

Drampa's evolution will be Ghost/Dragon?

The hype is real. Still loving Drampa and Bruxish. Oh, and Rockruff of course because I love all dog-based Pokémon. I'm hoping its evolutions are cool (I didn't really rate Stoutland that much, but loved Lillipup and Herdier).

November can't come soon enough!

I do love all the Pokemon that have been revealed. I mean I already have a running list of Pokemon that I want to use through my playthrough: Popplio, Rockruff, Pikipek, and Vikivolt.

What do you think?

My money is on there being only 3 totem legendaries, and the unpopulated western island having something else story-related going on, like the battle with Solgaleo or Lunaala.

Then there can be 1 legendary in the trio for each kind of "terrain" effect - Electric/Fairy, Grass/Fairy, and pure Fairy.

I don't know how I feel about Drampa. It gives me similar vibes to how I felt about the elemental monkeys, which is not a good thing. What's more problamatic is that it is probably doesn't have any evolution since he is too old.. wait..

Drampa is a normal Dragon type

It is based on granpa and dragon

Therefore it is old.. and the next stage after being old is to be dead..or.. to be a ghost, which is the opposite type of Normal..

Drampa's evolution will be Ghost/Dragon?
It could also be like Noivern in which this is the final stage and we have a base form that is yet to be seen.

My money is on there being only 3 totem legendaries, and the unpopulated western island having something else story-related going on, like the battle with Solgaleo or Lunaala.

Then there can be 1 legendary in the trio for each kind of "terrain" effect - Electric/Fairy, Grass/Fairy, and pure Fairy.

That's actually the most logical possibility IMO.
Unless they introduce a new kind of terrain effect.

"Its wings and tail each have their own Core. Each Core serves as a brain and can make decisions and act independently."

Finally confirming my thought that full Zygarde is 5 cores. Not that it matters much, but it makes me feel better xD

I wonder if any old Pokemon are getting "Comatose" ability in some unused slot. Slakoth/Slaking or Snorlax? Nvm, Slaking would be too strong xD But I feel like Komala is a Slakoth counterpart. Would be cool.

Also, we absolutely need "Dazzling" on SEVERAL pokemon that will be relevant competitively. Right now, Bruxish might still turn out to be some statwise subpar non-evolving Pokemon that will seem like a cute idea to try and come up with a counter to Talonflame, but being far from close enough to addressing the issue.
When I first heard the Comatose ability, Skillet was the first thing that came to my mind.

Back