Customized Play Mats

I took a Rayquaza paper playmat (one that I got from a theme deck) and went to Fedex/Kinkos and got it laminated. It works as awesome as it looks! Ill post up a pic if anyone wants to see...

@Lost You could buy a blank mat here

http://erolj.com/products/Blank_White_Playmat_24_x14_x1_16-2-10.html

Cool thanks if anyones goin to floridas states I'll be the one with oshawatts 2 evolution painted on mine too bad I can think of the name lol once I get it done I'll post a pic :)

I wouldn't mind trading for mats. If I can get my hand on some blank ones, I'll be designing some myself.

I'm making a playmat myself and am doing it a different style than most: I'm sewing on patches. It is taking FOREVER, but it'll be worth it.

not by much. the material I am using is thinner than regular playmat material. it's still rubber bottomed and has microfiber cloth on top. the deck area, Lost Zone, and Discard Pile will have a patch of the material rubber side up since they won't be moving a whole lot. the active spit will have a diamond rubber side up, but another square cloth side up so it'll look pretty. bench area will just be a rectangular shape (with center cut out) cloth side up. prize area will just be a 1/3 inch border rubber side up surrounding the prizes. have not decided weather the supporter and stadium patches will be cloth or rubber side up. I'm thinking rubber side up for stadium, cloth for the supporter.

carlitosbob: Since you seem familiar with the kind of material I plan to use for mine, how well does that stuff paint? I was thinking of doing an airbrushed custom mat.

microfiber? not well.. you'll have to gesso it first. I would recommend you gesso, then roll it repeatedly once dried, then airbrush it. regular cotton is much more accepting of airbrush.

Thanks :) it's the second one I made.. The first one was more of a proof of concept.. I don't like to plan much, so I just started cutting and sewing.. Then I had a good idea about how much material I could get off of half a roll. Then I made the one I actually finished and am very happy with it.

I wonder if I can sell it @ states :p

Back