TCG Fakes Custom Set [Image-Based] - Alexander's Fakes

Why can't we have art this good on real cards? Just curious, but Chanedlure's Destiny bond attack costs 3 energy to do 30 damage, and then you have to discard one energy. It seems a bit silly when you're doing 2 for 40 and possibly 80 to have an attack that costs more energy to do less damage.

Thanks for spotting that error. When you're making a lot of cards you start missing things.

Attack should be
[R][R][C] Flamethrower 90
Discard 1 [R] Energy attached to Chandelure to use this attack.

Well, I don't really know enough to make comments on the formatting of the cards, but I'm really interested in them. The card arts you chose are gorgeous, and on top of that, the cards themselves are very very interesting. I like the mechanics you're using, and the idea of weather effects in the TCG sounds really cool. I especially love the Pokemon you've chosen, since Lilligant is one of my favorite Pokemon. :)

While the overall look of the cards is great I'm noticing plenty of errors on some of your cards. I'll be going through in order, so hold tight this could take a while. I'll be skipping over the typos and some of the weird wording errors that would be worded differently on official cards because this is a custom set, so custom wording is allowed.

Vileplume: For the Ability, I feel it would be much cleaner to say "[...] each of your [G] Pokemon can't be affected by Special Conditions." That is much cleaner wording and in card games clean wording of cards is essential into making them appeal to people. This is pretty minor for a true custom fake, but it's something to keep in mind.

Bellossom: No wording errors here but the design of the card throws me off due to the difference in effect sizes. If you keep the size of effects the same the card will have a much cleaner look, as well as being consistent with other cards.

Petilil: I feel the effect size is very small and could just be the same size as most other effects. Again, this makes it look more consistent with other cards.

Carnivine: Same deal as Bellossom. Sick Ability/Attack combo though, more of this would be great!

Foretress Lv.X: "whenever one of [...]" should be "whenever 1 of [...]" This is another consistency thing, you want all of your numbers to be nice and friendly. Also the disparity in text size, there's a lot of empty space in the attack section, you can easily expand the size.

Leavanny: Same deal as Forretress, numbers in Pokemon are never written as words. "Two" should be "2."

Snowver: Text size disparity.

Abomasnow: For some reason the Ability's effect isn't justified.

Abomasnow Lv.X: There is an empty place holder in the first attack.

Chandelure: What's with that last attack? Did you forget to put a 1 in front of the 30? It's ridiculously underpowered.

Ninetales: Text size disparity.

Ninetales Lv.X: Text size disparity.

Torkoal: Text size disparity.

Fletchinder: Text size disparity

Talonflame: Now this card has been made clumsily. The first attack has suffered a lack of proofreading. There's no point to discarding any Energy the way the attack works now because you'll get the 10 damage spread anyway. If it was meant to do 10 damage times the number of Energy discarded, then it would work. You also probably want to specify Benched Pokemon and put in the good old "(don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon)" clause to keep it fair. As the card stands, the second attack is useless but would make sense on a version with a fixed first attack.

I encourage you to keep faking though, right now your fakes are definitely above average but these silly errors keep them from being amazing. You've got some really cool ideas here; I'm a huge fan of the partially revealed weather mechanic and some Pokemon are really well designed and interesting. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread because I really want to see where this set goes. Have fun faking man :)

Thanks for the exhaustive list, Blui. It really helps when someone looks over these cards because I have a tendency to work faster than I can keep up with.
You make good points although the text size disparity is intentional, necessary and has extensive precedent. Expect fixes for everything else soon.

EDIT; fixed the following Pokémon according to the above:
003 - Vileplume
010 - Forretress
014 - Leavanny
016 - Abomasnow
023 - Chandelure
029 - Talonflame

Last edited:
Back