JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Cubone and Marowak have been officially revealed from Pokemon Card 151! As noted before, the set will release in Japan on June 16th. We expect to it release internationally as a special set this fall.
Cubone – Fighting – HP70
Basic Pokemon
Ability: Support Bone
The attacks of your Marowak do 30 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokémon.
[F] Hit Twice: 10x damage. Flip 2 coins. This attack does 10 damage for each heads.
Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Marowak – Fighting – HP120
Stage 1 – Evolves from Cubone
[F] Bone Throw: 30 damage. This attack also does 30 damage to 1...

Continue reading...

creg22

Aspiring Trainer
A potential 150-180(with belt or band) for 2 aint bad,but being a stage 1 hurts it, being a stage 1 with over 90 hp hurts it even more. Very meh

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
So yeah, there's actually another Marowak in Standard that can use this Ability. Sadly, they are also Maro-whack.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Cubone/Marowak - so we are depending to Zoroark to hit a decent numbers for a single energy? Cubone being a basic meaning Klefki can shut them off. 4/3

Porygonbail

Aspiring Trainer
I hope the boosters for this over here will not be as hard to find as Champions Path was, cause I feel like I have to complete this set, even if my wallet will WEEP! X,D

Gethbert

I Miss Fairy Type
One comment. OMG THIS CARD IS SO COOL WHY IS THIS SUCH CRACKED CARD DESIGN RFEAKHGABWGROJYGRAWNOUEFAWY

Mistwalker

Master of Martial Arts
/sad that another gen 1 favorite of mine didn't get a competitive card in this set. Oh well, hopefully someday soon. Would also love to see Alolan Marowak again

Nyora

A Cat
Cubone/Marowak - so we are depending to Zoroark to hit a decent numbers for a single energy? Cubone being a basic meaning Klefki can shut them off. 4/3
Klefki can still be OHKO'd by the second attack and you can otherwise continue bench sniping thru the first attack. Klefki kinda hurts but not too much.

Shining Goodra

HeeHee - Michael Jackson
3 Cubone, + 30 from Marowak gives you 120 + 30 bench, then you have attached damage buffer like band or belt. Grant is also an option for continuous damage buffs.

3 Cubone, + 120 from Marowak gives you 210 (which isn't bad for 2 energy) plus damage buffers, and or Grant gets you to decent numbers all for 2 energy.

I'm not saying this is a good duo of cards but it could be a fun little single prize league deck for somebody. I'm sure there's other cards in the standard card pool that can support it.

Jaxolotl

The Mashup King. https://www.youtube.com/@Jaxolotl
Hmmmm this could work with things like Hypno and Zoroark. I kinda wanna see this in metagame

Elliot Gale

Aspiring Trainer
Zoroark replaces itself with a Marowak from the discard pile whilst keeping 4 Cubone benched. A bit of a stretch in terms of setup, but very possible.

Jaxolotl

The Mashup King. https://www.youtube.com/@Jaxolotl
Zoroark replaces itself with a Marowak from the discard pile whilst keeping 4 Cubone benched. A bit of a stretch in terms of setup, but very possible.
agreed. Hypno straight up searches for it and puts it on the bench