• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

CrowBar (Crobat/Darkrai Cresselia) (HGSS-CoL ONLY)

MrGatr

Goin Rogue Baby :DDD
Intro​

This deck revolves around my love for Crobat. I've been looking around, and noticed, that the next format will be BW-On, and that means my pretty Crobat dies. Well, that's not an issue, then I must play him another way! Unlimited was my awnser. HGSS-CoL only, the most diverse, and fun format I've played in, and the best one in my own persenal opinion. Well, I've seen him in action, and a T2 Crobat can do some serious damage. Posion and 4 0every turn, forcing you to switch. This makes you think Vileplume would be in here, but NO, it'd ruin the deck. Instead, I run Darkrai Cresselia Legend.

While most people overlook it, for a simple {P} energy, I can move all the damage counters on my opponents side of the field. Giving me easy KO's, on Tynamo's, and other weaker Pokemon. This may look weak, because most people use Max Potion, or just let their Pokemon die, but when you're taking 40 damage every turn, why wouldn't you switch? This takes me to my next point, with Vileplume, the deck loses out. I can't switch between Crobat, and DCL, making me much more vunerable to attacks from {L} guys. This is why I kill off their Eels before anything.

The Decklist:​

Pokemon: 12
3x Zubat UL
2x Golbat UL
3x Crobat Prime UL
2-2 Darkrai Cresselia Legend TM

Supporters: 10
3x Cheerleaders Cheer
3x PONT
2x Seeker
2x Interveiwers Questions

Trainers/Stadiums:30
3x Legend Box
3x Defender
3x Pluspower
2x Dual Ball
3x Pokemon Reversal
2x Indigo Plateu
2x Ruins of Alph
3x Lost Remover
4x Rare Candy
2x Pokemon Circulator

Energy: 8
3x Rescue Energy
5x {P}

Strategy:

This deck is really quite simple. I'm using Crobat to poison my opponents major guys, this forces them to switch. I keep this up till I've either been KO'd, or have enough damage that I can KO something. I then use DCL, move the damage, onto a weak guy, and go the easy KO.

great idea for a deck, i love crobat but never found a good use with it. May i suggest just running quad mew prime? mew prime would just have to lost zone 2 pokemon (crobat and bottom half of the DCL) and the rest is easy. Max out revive or something like that, giving you alot more power and room for trainers and supporters and energies. Same strategy of your deck except maybe faster?

and by the way, if your deck revolves around poison there is no point in plus power. Plus power wont affect severe poison.

Kingdra_fan said:
Would be a great idea, but you can't hurl Legend pieces into the lost zone iirc ?

that's correct, that's why Mew Prime is out.

Also, pluspower is for his second attack

i believe in gengar prime said:
wait really? ive seen lost zoned legends in tounraments though :O

rather appropriate username there...

would hurl into darkness affect legend pieces?
Martini said:
that's correct, that's why Mew Prime is out.

Also, pluspower is for his second attack

see off? that doesn't work with plus power, as you have to do damage in the first place for it to get the boost

I'd also look at updating the TSS lines

catcher to replace circulator/reversal, juniper and Cilan added to supporter lines. N might be good for late game as well

Somebody was giving you quite a bit of crap if they told you next format will be BW-on. Nobody knows what the next format will be yet.

Also, Tynamo is not in any HS-CL set, so it would actually be really hard to take KOs on them without breaking deckbuilding rules. Same story with Max Potion.

Why in the world are you playing against Eel decks in a HS-CL format?! T_T

Also, where are your Cleffas? Those are pretty staple in HS-CL. You should also be running Collector, and probably quite a few more Psychic. Sure, your attacks take only one energy, but with only 5 and no recovery, it will hard to pull off consistent attacks.

27th Wonder said:
see off? that doesn't work with plus power, as you have to do damage in the first place for it to get the boost

I'd also look at updating the TSS lines

catcher to replace circulator/reversal, juniper and Cilan added to supporter lines. N might be good for late game as well

I ment Crobats second attack, sorry for not clerifying that.

Celebi23 said:
Somebody was giving you quite a bit of crap if they told you next format will be BW-on. Nobody knows what the next format will be yet.

Also, Tynamo is not in any HS-CL set, so it would actually be really hard to take KOs on them without breaking deckbuilding rules. Same story with Max Potion.

Why in the world are you playing against Eel decks in a HS-CL format?! T_T

Also, where are your Cleffas? Those are pretty staple in HS-CL. You should also be running Collector, and probably quite a few more Psychic. Sure, your attacks take only one energy, but with only 5 and no recovery, it will hard to pull off consistent attacks.

Ok... Here we go...
BW-On is the rotation, TPCi isn't gonna risk another emergency rotation because of different cards in different sets. We already have Emerging Powers, which threw the whole set of BW off. This means that we are going to have to stay playing with the same cards. If we don't, its just gonna make worlds that much harder for them to pull of.

I mean this deck to be played at a league where we have competitive decks. I wanna play both unlimited, and competitive decks at my league to have some fun.

Cleffa's are easily Donk-Able, thus making them not a choice for me to use.

A phew more {P} wouldn't be such a bad Idea, I'll look into it.

Hmm. I think your deck may need a little bit of tuning.

-3 Plus Power (30 to 40 isn't gonna make a difference)
-2 Ruins of Alph (Uhh. What?)
-2 Seeker (That would just allow them to pick up damaged Pokemon. SSU would fit much better)
-2 Interviewers Questions (With 8 energy. You'll probably only hit 1 with this card)
-3 Cheerleader's Cheer (Better draw supporters in HGSS-on
-2 Pokemon Circulator (I don't think you'll be needing THAT much Catchering)

+1 Zubat (Dude. You have 3 BASICS! ADD MORE!)
+2 Cleffa (If you're worried about getting donked. Use Manaphy)
+3 Pokemon Communication (The only this you have for DCL is Legend Box. If you start with 1 piece in your hand. You'll need another one)
+1 Professor Oak's New Theory (IT'S AWESOME)
+2 Sage's Training (I like it allot more the Cheerleaders)
+2 Copycat (^ That ^)
+3 Psychic Energy (You'll need more)

Hope I could help you out.

Machamp the Champion said:
Hmm. I think your deck may need a little bit of tuning.

-3 Plus Power (30 to 40 isn't gonna make a difference)
-2 Ruins of Alph (Uhh. What?)
-2 Seeker (That would just allow them to pick up damaged Pokemon. SSU would fit much better)
-2 Interviewers Questions (With 8 energy. You'll probably only hit 1 with this card)
-3 Cheerleader's Cheer (Better draw supporters in HGSS-on
-2 Pokemon Circulator (I don't think you'll be needing THAT much Catchering)

+1 Zubat (Dude. You have 3 BASICS! ADD MORE!)
+2 Cleffa (If you're worried about getting donked. Use Manaphy)
+3 Pokemon Communication (The only this you have for DCL is Legend Box. If you start with 1 piece in your hand. You'll need another one)
+1 Professor Oak's New Theory (IT'S AWESOME)
+2 Sage's Training (I like it allot more the Cheerleaders)
+2 Copycat (^ That ^)
+3 Psychic Energy (You'll need more)

Hope I could help you out.

Thanks, I'll update the list later today with that.

Martini said:
Ok... Here we go...
BW-On is the rotation, TPCi isn't gonna risk another emergency rotation because of different cards in different sets. We already have Emerging Powers, which threw the whole set of BW off. This means that we are going to have to stay playing with the same cards. If we don't, its just gonna make worlds that much harder for them to pull of.

First of all, rotations isn't till after worlds, so it's not going to make anything harder "To pull off" Secondly, while you are most likely right that it's going to be BW-On, it's NOT confirmed. Focus more on the meta game now, not what it's going to be in a few months after worlds.

Ok, if it happens to Cl-On or not rotate at all, this deck can still be a fun deck to play. I don't see why you are all talking about the rotation, IT'S MY DECK, AND I WANT IT TO BE WHAT I WANT! Please no more about the Rotation ;)

Back