• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Counter All the Things! - Fairies/Goodstuff

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
Experience: Intermediate
Counter All the Things!
20px-Grass-attack.png
20px-Water-attack.png
20px-Psychic-attack.png
20px-Colorless-attack.png
20px-Fairy-attack.png

Pokémon
  • 3 Xerneas
  • 2 Aromatisse
  • 2 Spiritzee
  • 2 Slupuff
  • 2 Swirlix
  • 1 Leafeon
  • 1 Eevee
  • 1 Mr. Mime
  • 1 Terrakion
  • 1 Keldeo-EX
  • 1 Mew-EX
  • 1 Shaymin-EX
  • 1 Tornadus-EX

Trainers
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 2 Cheren
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 Shauna
  • 1 Skyla
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Super Rod
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Super Potion
  • 1 Dowsing Machine ACE SPEC
  • 3 Fairy Garden

Energy
  • 7 Fairy Energy
  • 1 Prism Energy
  • 3 Rainbow Energy
  • 2 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy
Look familiar?
This is a deck to conquer all other decks. I made this deck before you after I realised that Xerneas-EX was kinda Pricey. Instead, and since I don't have any Mewtwo-EX currently, I added in a 1-1 Leafeon line, to counter Keldeo/Blastoise, a deck that I think will give me some grief. Then I had an idea; what if I used a Fairy core to make a deck that can counter whatever my opponent throws at me? And so here I am. I'm not specifically looking at Pokémon-EX right now, as I want to focus on the non-EX Attackers, so they can get their chance in the spotlight. Right now, my biggest predicament is that I want more attackers. I feel like VirGen is now my largest threat, so I want a Fire-type attacker. As well as that, I may have trouble with DarkGarb, which may warrant a Fighting-type attacker, but I'm undecided on that. I need suggestions!​

This may be a bad suggestion, but have you considered kecleon plf? It can copy attacks and change types. Also you could try zoroark with foul play. It also copies attacks. Also your dck may be inconsistent because you play only one of each attacker.

You should run victini ex. It might have low HP, but it one shots everything in VirGen thats an EX and only needs 1 rainbow/prism energy. It also is a backup geomancy that is much better turn one anyways (it attaches 2 energy to the bench, not 2 different benched pokemon...)

^ probably best.

Flareon is an option for a Heat Tackle OHKO, or Vengeance depending on the discard pile. Also makes your Leafeon more consistent if you go 2 - 1/1.
On the topic of Eeveelutions, you might want to try one of the two Espeons. Solar Revelation one counters Gourgeist & Accelgor, plasma one snipes (OHKO benched Trubbish) or gives you cards (possible Malamar counter? :p). In fact, you could drop Slurpuff for a Solar Revelation Espeon if you don't mind lasers too much, and use the space for an Eevee, the other Espeon, and a Victini EX.

Another possibility for a fire type is Ninetales (color coordination), but you'd have to tech in basic grass. If you do, you might swap out Slurpuff for Virizion EX to get them out. But then Ninetales can only take one kill and dies, and color coordination without basic grass is not a OHKO.
You'd have the option of also teching in the pseudo-catcher one. If you get both out, you can bright look a virizion, KO with color coordination. Next turn, laser + KO a genesect with hexed flame with muscle band. Takes a lot to get, and it won't work if they have 2 virizion out. Idk, just brainstorming here; probably not worth the horrendous deck space.

I highly recommend Exp. Shares. :p

I would -2 Cheren +2 Skyla, and I notice a severe lack of balls.

MaD_DoG said:
This may be a bad suggestion, but have you considered kecleon plf? It can copy attacks and change types. Also you could try zoroark with foul play. It also copies attacks. Also your deck may be inconsistent because you play only one of each attacker.
Eh, it's only going to beat Dragons :p
Elbow said:
You should run victini ex. It might have low HP, but it one shots everything in VirGen thats an EX and only needs 1 rainbow/prism energy. It also is a backup geomancy that is much better turn one anyways (it attaches 2 energy to the bench, not 2 different benched pokemon...)
Yes, yes I should be.
apophys said:
^ probably best.

Flareon is an option for a Heat Tackle OHKO, or Vengeance depending on the discard pile. Also makes your Leafeon more consistent if you go 2 - 1/1.
On the topic of Eeveelutions, you might want to try one of the two Espeons. Solar Revelation one counters Gourgeist & Accelgor, plasma one snipes (OHKO benched Trubbish) or gives you cards (possible Malamar counter? :p). In fact, you could drop Slurpuff for a Solar Revelation Espeon if you don't mind lasers too much, and use the space for an Eevee, the other Espeon, and a Victini EX.

Another possibility for a fire type is Ninetales (color coordination), but you'd have to tech in basic grass. If you do, you might swap out Slurpuff for Virizion EX to get them out. But then Ninetales can only take one kill and dies, and color coordination without basic grass is not a OHKO.
You'd have the option of also teching in the pseudo-catcher one. If you get both out, you can bright look a virizion, KO with color coordination. Next turn, laser + KO a genesect with hexed flame with muscle band. Takes a lot to get, and it won't work if they have 2 virizion out. Idk, just brainstorming here; probably not worth the horrendous deck space.

I highly recommend Exp. Shares. :p

I would -2 Cheren +2 Skyla, and I notice a severe lack of balls.

The first idea I like alot. I think I prefer Plasma Espeon :p
The second idea, no.
Exp Share? Ehh, I don't see much point when half my energy are Special...
-2 Cheren +2 Ultra Ball*
I have a few things I've been thinking of changing. Thoughts on these Changes?
-1-1 Slurpluff
+1 Eevee
+1 Espeon
-1 ??
+1 Victini-EX
-2 Cheren
+2 Ultra Ball

I'm also thinking of -2 Professor's Letter +2 DCE, but that might be a little too crazy.

Kecleon also counters Deoxys by using a super-effective Helix Force, as well as Yveltal by using his Evil Ball against him, as a quick drop of two cents.

I agree to play kekleon. Good for mewtwo as well. Also. I suggest drop the 2-2 line of *Slurpuff and add in, you guessed it, one virizion. This leaves you with an extra 3 spaces for doing the same job.

*Shivers
Virizion?
*Looks at wallet
Wallet: lolnope
-2-2 Slurpuff
+1 Eevee
+1 Solar Revelation Espeon
+1 Kecleon
+1 Victini-EX
Seem good?

I've been using a deck really similar to this and I've really loved Terrakion NV/LT as a strong fighting type option...
Revenge is great and his second attack OHKOs Darkrai, Thunderus and other Fighting-Weak dudes..

Maybe:
-1 Crushing Hammer
+1 Terrakion

Also how do you rate Tornadus EX? I personally haven't been using but I was wondering how you found it to work in this deck?

Squirtle Squad said:
I've been using a deck really similar to this and I've really loved Terrakion NV/LT as a strong fighting type option...
Revenge is great and his second attack OHKOs Darkrai, Thunderus and other Fighting-Weak dudes..

Maybe:
-1 Crushing Hammer
+1 Terrakion

Also how do you rate Tornadus EX? I personally haven't been using but I was wondering how you found it to work in this deck?

Ooh Terrakion! Didn't think of that :p
Tornadus-EX works pretty well with a Muscle Band, because you can Blow Through + Stadium and then Power Blast for 200 Damage, so it's kinda useful. I'm also looking into DCE to get the Attackers going.

Hmm I might try that :)
Yeah I use 2 DCE in mine which are very helpful the majority of the time,

Terrakions revenge is also perfect for copying with Mew EX, giving you a OHKO on psychic weak Mons as well :)

You wrote above -2 Profs letter +2 DCE...
I'd go with that change.. For Xerneas to be as effective as possible you want the energy in the deck, and the DCE is so useful!

Back