CorinthiansRose Graphics:Now with My First Fakemons, Opulwolf and Lucowolf!

CorinthiansRose

Aspiring Trainer
Here is some boxart I created for a few Pokemon games
February 21 UPDATE: Added more sugimori art of my fakemon

All Pokemon art credit goes to Xous54 with the exception of Xerneas, Yveltal, Opulwolf, Lucowolf and the Pokemon on Pokemon Snap 2

pokemon_fakemon___opulwolf_and_lucowolf_by_corinthiansrose77-d5vol3v.png

fakemon____opulwolf_and_lucowolf_wallpaper_by_corinthiansrose77-d5vqbij.png

pokemon_fakemon___lucowolf_by_corinthiansrose77-d5ulejt.png

Name: Lucowolf (loo-co-wolf)
Type: Ice
Height: 2'11"
Weight: 40 lbs
Bio:
This Pokemon is rarely seen in the wild as its parents are usually very protective and take great care to hide their offspring from poachers who would sell their still-maturing diamonds in the black markets. It is an incredibly energetic and social Pokemon and loves to play, however, Lucowolves are fierce battlers and can defend themselves well. They typically inhabit very cold areas, which is why its most temperature-sensitive body parts are still covered in dark fur, protecting it from the cold; a Lucowolf's dark fur does not become pure white until it reaches maturity.

fakemon_pokemon___opulwolf_by_corinthiansrose77-d5ufcaa.png

Name: Opulwolf (O-pull-wolf)
Type: Ice
Height: 4'5"
Weight: 200 lbs
Bio:
This Pokemon is the evolved form of Lucowolf and has become nearly extinct in the wild because people have hunted it for the diamonds that naturally grow on its' head and legs. The diamonds that grow on its' body are easily worth millions, which is why most Opulwolves are protected on reserves to prevent poaching of these precious gems. It usually lives in cold or frozen areas such as arctic tundras or more northern parts of the world, but it can thrive in nearly any type of environment, which is why they occasionally relocate to warmer climates to find more food if needed. They are incredibly protective of their pups and territories, and will attack anyone or anything that they feel poses a threat. Opulwolves are extremely intelligent and seem to have no problem understanding human speech, but they are still very shy around people. A calm and pleasant demeanor has widely been observed, but can also be quick to anger.

pokemon_mindcrystal_complete_boxart_by_corinthiansrose77-d5t4p61.png

pokemon_mindcrystal_opening_title_by_corinthiansrose77-d5t4954.png

Pokemon MindCrystal Opening Title

pokemony_zps2d8c9748.png

pokemonx_zps8a2f9212.png

oceansapphire.png

earthruby.png

skyemerald.png

pokemongray-1.png

pokemonsnapwii-1.png

RE: CorinthiansRose Graphics: Pokemon Gray, EarthRuby & OceanSapphire

These are really cool. They look like they could be official box art. The backgrounds are really neat, and they go well with the pictures.

Nicely done - I especially like the way the logos look. The outline of Kyurem looks a little tattered, but that's really the only thing I can find that needs improving.

Just for future reference, though - since you got my permission to use my artwork, you could have removed my X watermarks from the images if you wanted. :3

Shinx:

Xous:
Wow that really means a lot, and thank you so much for giving me permission to use the artwork. There wasn't a whole lot I could do to fix Kyurem because the resolution ended up not being quite high enough. A direct copy/paste resulted in a black background so when I tried to magic wand it out (I use Photoshop CS5), it erased the outline of Kyurem. The only way I could get it was to use Print Screen, crop the photo and magic wand the white background out.

CorinthiansRose said:
Xous:
Wow that really means a lot, and thank you so much for giving me permission to use the artwork. There wasn't a whole lot I could do to fix Kyurem because the resolution ended up not being quite high enough. A direct copy/paste resulted in a black background so when I tried to magic wand it out (I use Photoshop CS5), it erased the outline of Kyurem. The only way I could get it was to use Print Screen, crop the photo and magic wand the white background out.

I've heard of the black background issue when people copy and paste the art (in fact, I have that issue myself). I think if you save the image and open it in the art program you're using it will retain its transparent background, but I'm not sure if that's true for every art program out there.

Xous said:
CorinthiansRose said:
Xous:

I've heard of the black background issue when people copy and paste the art (in fact, I have that issue myself). I think if you save the image and open it in the art program you're using it will retain its transparent background, but I'm not sure if that's true for every art program out there.

Thanks Xous I can't believe I didn't think of that before, it worked incredibly well and looks a hundred times better!

Also, what program do you use to color your sketches? Thank you

CorinthiansRose said:
Shinx:

Xous:

You can't copy+paste transparency from an image onto a editor, or even from one editor to another editor. The reason is because different editors handle transparency in a different manner, as do different image formats (due to image compression). They may handle bitmapping similarly (which is why a non transparent pic copies fine), but transparency data is non-standardised.

For example, if you try to copy an image with transparency from gimp into photoshop, the 100% transparent portions turn black and any semi-transparent parts become pure opaque. Conversely if you try to copy from photoshop into gimp, transparency gets replaced by white (almost like you copied it with a white BG). The copy+paste mechanism doesn't "know" the source and destination of the copying (nor does it care), it just saves the data into the clipboard.

XieRH said:
CorinthiansRose said:
Shinx:

Xous:

You can't copy+paste transparency from an image onto a editor, or even from one editor to another editor. The reason is because different editors handle transparency in a different manner, as do different image formats (due to image compression). They may handle bitmapping similarly (which is why a non transparent pic copies fine), but transparency data is non-standardised.

For example, if you try to copy an image with transparency from gimp into photoshop, the 100% transparent portions turn black and any semi-transparent parts become pure opaque. Conversely if you try to copy from photoshop into gimp, transparency gets replaced by white (almost like you copied it with a white BG). The copy+paste mechanism doesn't "know" the source and destination of the copying (nor does it care), it just saves the data into the clipboard.

Ok, I wasn't aware of that, thanks for letting me know!

CorinthiansRose said:
Thanks Xous I can't believe I didn't think of that before, it worked incredibly well and looks a hundred times better!

Also, what program do you use to color your sketches? Thank you

No problem. The program I use for my Sugimori-style art is Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9, which now goes by the name of Corel Paint Shop Pro. For my other art I use Adobe Photo Elements 3.0.

I now want OceanSapphire (or whatever the remake will be called).
I much prefer Kyogre to Groudon ^.^
He seems so much more... sinister...

RE: CorinthiansRose Graphics: Pokemon Snap Wii, Pokemon Gray, EarthRuby & OceanSapphire

Updated with Pokemon Snap 2 or Pokemon Snap Wii!

RE: CorinthiansRose Graphics: Pokemon Snap Wii, Pokemon Gray, EarthRuby & OceanSapphire

Very well done.The SkyEmerald Rayquaza meshes well with the background.Plus,the logo's are very unique.

I love the Snap Wii cover. Looks like something very plausible to what a real Snap Wii would look like!

Good to know I got so close to looking like the real deal :)

These are nice! I like the box art!

RE: CorinthiansRose Graphics:Boxart & the Such!

Updated with what I think Pokemon X and Y will look like as well as a proposed Crystal remake, MindCrystal!

RE: CorinthiansRose Graphics:Now with Pokemon X, Y and MindCrystal Boxarts!

Updated with MindCrystal full boxart and opening title screen!

RE: CorinthiansRose Graphics:Now with Pokemon X, Y and MindCrystal Boxarts!

Wow, those look real! Great work :)

Back