JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Copperajah ex has been revealed from SV2P Snow Hazard! The set will release in Japan on April 14th.
The cards from Triplet BeatSnow Hazard, and Clay Burst will combine to form our Paldea Evolved set on June 9th.
Copperajah ex – Metal – HP300
Stage 1 – Evolves from Cufant
Ability: Bronze Body
This Pokemon takes 30 less damage from attacks.
[M][M][C] Nosequake: 260 damage. This attack also does 30 damage to each of your...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Holy trubbish, Tera passive ability viable?
I don't really get this card's power level, it's on par with Stage 2s despite being Stage 1. The only downside here is that Metal so far doesn't have the ability to attach half a deck's worth of energy in a single turn, so it might be a bit slow.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I love everything about it. I'll take four full arts, please.

creg22

Aspiring Trainer
Magnezone got a new friend, its sad that every metal ex from here on, we will have to ask is this worth playing over Dialga or alongside Dialga. Here's to hoping gholdengo ex changes that...

I still believe Dialga has a ton of upside, that vstar power is ridiculous.

ThePokemonGuardian

Aspiring Trainer
If only we hadn't lost Metal Saucer. This card would be pretty great for a little bit of a tank deck having 300 HP as a Stage 1 and a reduce damage ability. Hopefully metal can get something for energy acceleration to replace Metal saucer sometime.

creg22

Aspiring Trainer
How much HP we got stage 1 Wailord ex and stage 1 Blissey ex having respectively guys???

I got wailord at 370 and Blissey matching skeledirge at 340

Elliot Gale

Aspiring Trainer
I don't really get this card's power level, it's on par with Stage 2s despite being Stage 1.
Copperajah is basically in that Gyarados tier of big boys. You can see the same general properties even when comparing its single prize versions to other single prize 'mons. Some versions of Copperajah even have similar drawbacks to this one, likely compensating for the fact that they evolve from a much bigger basic than Magikarp.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Magnezone got a new friend, its sad that every metal ex from here on, we will have to ask is this worth playing over Dialga or alongside Dialga. Here's to hoping gholdengo ex changes that...

I still believe Dialga has a ton of upside, that vstar power is ridiculous.
Not with a Stage 2 tho, though I rather do it on a basic. Your deck will be a problem for deck consistency.

Copperajah ex - Stage 1 that needs a desperate help from a decent energy accleeration. 3-4

ComradeLex

Aspiring Trainer
Oh BOY one of my favorites from SwSh gets an ex, can’t wait to pull the Full Art. Praying this gets an SAR because it got no respect in its own era. Probably not because this set has legendaries but a boi can dream

Last edited:

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
This could actually work with bronzong and cheryl. Problem would be the 3rd energy. Zacian v would be effective to get the third energy but that rotates.

The most optimal way to play this would probably have to be arceus. But the problem with that is arceus only accelerates to V mons. So boss on bronzong would be to devestating here.

2/5 or 4.5/5

Either this will be to clunky or to slow.
Or we get a better way to get the 3rd energy into play and this will be a ”top 5 in the meta deck.”

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Not sure there are any good candidates for accelerating Energy for a Bronzong/Cheryl variant, but I suppose if you really wanted to play this card, you could use the Lost Zone engine and pair it with Zamazenta from Crown Zenith? Looking at tournament results from Japan on Pokemoncard.io's weekly tournament reports, you'll often see a Lost Box deck built around some seemingly random stage 2 𝒆𝒙, such as Toxicroak 𝒆𝒙 or Lycanroc 𝒆𝒙 . Hardly optimal, and for all I know it could very well be the same person each week, but I suppose if you really wanted to play Copperaja 𝒆𝒙, you could use this method, and there's a decent single-prize basic attacker to justify leaning into Metal Energy. With everything else in the deck being a frail single prizer, having a bulky double prizer (as opposed to a frail double prizer) could have its benefits in certain matchups, and, since it evolves from a single prize basic, it prevents your opponent from being able to cheese prizes until it's nigh on impossible to take a OHKO. At least it has that advantage over running a thin Giratina VSTAR in a primarily single-prize Lost Box deck, though the latter is still superior in most respects, including having an extremely valuable VSTAR power and no weakness (plus hitting for 20 more damage).
That's the crazy thing about Lost Box. You have people pushing the envelope all the way down the competitivability spectrum, with the best players trying to find the perfect rogue deck or optimal formula, while more casual players try to find out what seemingly random stage 1 𝒆𝒙's they can incorporate into a functioning build. It's the difference between "Miraidon doesn't live up to the hype, it barely wins a city championship a week" and "I wonder what would happen if I made a Miraidon deck with Luxray CRZ, Pawmot, Peonia, and Dream Ball" (no joking, I've seen one of those lists in a weekly tournament report).
(Fun fact: all three Stage 1 𝒆𝒙's mentioned in this article are illustrated in a non-3D style. I'll hopefully be adding these cards, not to mention Magnezone 𝒆𝒙, to my collection this Christmas or earlier. The 3D-style 𝒆𝒙's are harder to choose between, but Spidops 𝒆𝒙, Miraidon 𝒆𝒙, Ting-Lu 𝒆𝒙, Wo-Chien 𝒆𝒙, Forretress 𝒆𝒙, and Pikachu 𝒆𝒙 are a few interesting ones I can think of off the top of my head. Actually, it might be choosing which ones I like that I buy that proves to be harder.)

Last edited:

hervul

Aspiring Trainer
Nice one. And if you only have Copperajah ex on your bench (or any Terastal Pokemon), none will take damage from the active Copperajah’s attack!