• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Convenience for the Community (A List of Standard Budget Decks)

Take your time, no worries! Anyways, just a heads up I'll soon be posting a Gallade/Octillery list if someone hasn't already done so. It will probably be done sometime today or tomorrow. If you need any help with lists or prices, just let me know. Thanks!
Thanks man.

Anytime! I'm working on the Gallade/Octillery list right now by the way. Be up in a minute or two.
K, just doing some stuff and I'll gt to adding these lists that have been submitted,

the solgaleo deck has lysandre in it. I assuming it needs to be replaced with Guzma. Also a fun budget deck is Passamian
yes, needs to be replaced by Guzma

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, just updated my Gallade/Octillery list. If you don't already know, Gallade/Octillery is a deck that deals a consistent amount of damage (occasionally taking OHKOs) while manipulating the cards the user draws. Gallade is the main attacker which has a move called Sensitive Blade that can deal 130 damage for a Double Colorless if you played a supporter card that turn. Its ability, Premonition, allows the user to look at the top five cards of their deck and rearrange them in any order. Combined with Octillery's Abyssal Hand ability (once during your turn, you may draw cards until you have five cards in your hand), it is easy to set up multiple Gallades and keep the attackers up.

(prices are per individual card, not the combined duplicates' price, provided by TCGPlayer.com)

Pokémon*16

Ralts*4 BKT $0.10
Kirlia*3 BKT $0.15
Gallade*4 BKT $2.80
Remoraid*2 BKT (I prefer the Ion Pool version) $0.25
Octillery*2 BKT $5.00 (deck exclusive version)
Latios*1 SHL $0.40

Trainer*40

Professor Sycamore*4 BKP $1.35
N*3 DEX $4.10
Guzma*3 BUS $1.35
Professor Kukui*4 $0.20
Pokemon Fan Club*1 FCO (preferably Brigette from BKT if you have one) $0.15
Ultra Ball*4 FLF $0.25
Rare Candy*4 PRC $0.40
Rescue Stretcher*3 GRI $0.25
Field Blower*2 GRI $0.25
Random Receiver*2 FCO $0.20
Special Charge*2 STS $0.20
Choice Band*4 GRI $0.80
Float Stone*2 BKT $2.75
Parallel City*1 BKT $0.65

Energy*4

Double Colorless Energy*4 SHL $0.50

Total # of cards: 60
Total price: $60.85

A few personal cards choices are Prof. Kukui (combined with Choice Band, deals 180 with Sensitive Blade), Random Receiver (helps draw into supporters), and Latios (helps spread damage, but if you have a Tapu Koko promo, I suggest you use that instead).

Anyways, I hope this helps. Thanks!

Edit: Updated the price of Gallade, they went down to $2.80.

Last edited:
Pokémon*20

Ralts*4 BKT $0.10
Kirlia*3 BKT $0.15
Gallade*4 BKT $3.15
Octillery*2 BKT $5.00 (deck exclusive version)
Latios*2 SHL $0.40
Turtonator GX*1 GRI $2.75
Oranguru*1 SUM $2.40
Xerneas*1 CRI $0.50 (the price on TCGPlayer isn't released yet, so this is the TrollandToad price)

Trainer*36

N*3 DEX $4.10
Guzma*3 BUS $1.35
Professor Kukui*4 $0.20
Pokemon Fan Club*2 FCO $0.15
Ultra Ball*4 FLF $0.25
Rare Candy*4 PRC $0.40
Rescue Stretcher*3 GRI $0.25
Field Blower*2 GRI $0.25
Choice Band*4 GRI $0.80
Float Stone*2 BKT $2.75
Parallel City*1 BKT $0.65

Energy*4

Total price: I'll update soon, thanks!

No, thank you :)

No, thank you :)

Sorry about that. I was a little rushed to get the list out there as well as creating it off the top of my head (due to my version currently being dismantled and I was short on time). Fortunately, I've now made a few changes to cards that don't have a place in the deck (like my crazy Xerneas inclusion) and everything is now in order.

Let me know what you think, thanks!

Sorry about that. I was a little rushed to get the list out there as well as creating it off the top of my head (due to my version currently being dismantled and I was short on time). Fortunately, I've now made a few changes to cards that don't have a place in the deck (like my crazy Xerneas inclusion) and everything is now in order.

Let me know what you think, thanks!
Lol it's fine.

Lol it's fine.

It's funny, I treat this almost like a job. It's enjoyable to me though!

Anyways, back to business. I was trying to find a good Expanded budget deck and I happened across the Delphox Break and it's devolutions (from XY and FCO). Before I try building a list (since I haven't played it before), what do you think? Is it good enough to put on here?

(don't have the price)
Pokemon
4 x Fennekin
3 x Braixen
3 x Delphox
1 x Delphox
3 x Delphox BREAK
4 x Talonflame
1 x Talonflame BREAK
Item/Supporter/Stadium
3 x Professor Sycamore
2 x N
2 x Guzma
4 x Ultra Ball
3 x VS Seeker
2 x Blacksmith
2 x Field Blower
4 x Rare Candy
2 x Choice Band
1 x Float Stone
1 x Energy Retrieval
1 x Energy Recycler
2 x Scorched Earth
Energy
12 x Fire Energy - Basic

Last edited:
It's funny, I treat this almost like a job. It's enjoyable to me though!

Anyways, back to business. I was trying to find a good Expanded budget deck and I happened across the Delphox Break and it's devolutions (from XY and FCO). Before I try building a list (since I haven't played it before), what do you think? Is it good enough to put on here?

Competitve or fun, doesn't matter.

Deck Rules-
No Clunk

That's about it.

(don't have the price)
Pokemon
4 x Fennekin
3 x Braixen
3 x Delphox
1 x Delphox
3 x Delphox BREAK
4 x Talonflame
1 x Talonflame BREAK
Item/Supporter/Stadium
3 x Professor Sycamore
2 x N
2 x Guzma
4 x Ultra Ball
3 x VS Seeker
2 x Blacksmith
2 x Field Blower
4 x Rare Candy
2 x Choice Band
1 x Float Stone
1 x Energy Retrieval
1 x Energy Recycler
2 x Scorched Earth
Energy
12 x Fire Energy - Basic

Thanks! I'll work a bit more on it (after I test a bit on PTCGO).

Hello everyone! I am glad to announce that me and frostbiter have talked to Brave Vesperia (the forum mod) and he says this forum is very promising to potientially become a sticky!

Here is my Delphox Break deck list (with thanks to @pikachuuuu101 for some help with the list). If you don't know already, Delphox from FCO deals 20 damage times the amount of energy attached to all (including your opponents) Pokémon in play. Delphox Break increases Delphox's HP to 180 and has the ability Flare Witch that allows you to search your deck once during your turn for a [F] energy attach it to one of your Pokémon. Combined with other ways to search for other cards and energy acceleration such as Talonflame, Blacksmith, Delphox XY (has an ability that allows you to once during your turn to draw cards until you have 6 cards in hand), etc., I think this deck has some competitive potential.

(prices are per individual card, not the combined duplicates' price, provided by TCGPlayer.com)

Pokémon*18

Fenniken*4 FCO (I prefer the 60 HP version) $0.10
Braxien*2 FCO $0.15
Delphox*3 FCO $0.50
Delphox*1 XY $0.90
Delphox Break*3 FCO $0.95
Talonflame*4 STS $1.30
Alolan Vulpix*1 GRI $0.25

Trainer*30

Professor Sycamore*3 BKP $1.35
N*2 DEX $4.10
Lysandre*1 AOR $0.35
Blacksmith*2 FLF $0.85
Teammates*1 PRC $0.15
Ultra Ball*4 FLF $0.25
VS Seeker*4 PHF $1.30
Rare Candy*4 PRC $0.40
Super Rod*2 BKT $0.40
Field Blower*2 GRI $0.25
Choice Band*2 GRI $0.80
Float Stone*1 BKT $2.75
Scorched Earth*2 PRC $0.20

Energy*12

Fire Energy*8 SUM $0.10

Total # of Cards: 60
Total Price: $42.50

Some personal cards are the Alolan Vulpix (in case you don't start with Talonflame), Teammates (helps when you need a card to use that turn instead of after Talonflame's Aero Blitz attack), and Super Rod (helps shuffle Energy for Flare Witch and Pokémon to set up again).

Anyways, I hope this helps, thanks!

Last edited:
Here is my Delphox Break deck list (with thanks to @pikachuuuu101 for some help with the list). If you don't know already, Delphox from FCO deals 20 damage times the amount of energy attached to all (including your opponents) Pokémon in play. Delphox Break increases Delphox's HP to 180 and has the ability Flare Witch that allows you to search your deck once during your turn for a [F] energy attach it to one of your Pokémon. Combined with other ways to search for other cards and energy acceleration such as Talonflame, Blacksmith, Delphox XY (has an ability that allows you to once during your turn to draw cards until you have 6 cards in hand), etc., I think this deck has some competitive potential.

Pokémon*18

Fenniken*4 FCO (I prefer the 60 HP version) $0.10
Braxien*2 FCO $0.15
Delphox*3 FCO $0.50
Delphox*1 XY $0.90
Delphox Break*3 FCO $0.95
Talonflame*4 STS $1.30
Alolan Vulpix*1 GRI $0.25

Trainer*29

Professor Sycamore*3 BKP $1.35
N*2 DEX $4.10
Lysandre*1 AOR $0.35
Blacksmith*2 FLF $0.85
Teammates*1 PRC $0.15
Ultra Ball*4 FLF $0.25
VS Seeker*4 PHF $1.30
Rare Candy*3 PRC $0.40
Super Rod*2 BKT $0.40
Field Blower*2 GRI $0.25
Choice Band*2 GRI $0.80
Float Stone*1 BKT $2.75
Scorched Earth*2 PRC $0.20

Energy*13

Fire Energy*9 SUM $0.10

Total # of Cards: 60
Total Price: $42.20

Some personal cards are the Alolan Vulpix (in case you don't start with Talonflame), Teammates (helps when you need a card to use that turn instead of after Talonflame's Aero Blitz attack), and Super Rod (helps shuffle Energy for Flare Witch and Pokémon to set up again).

Anyways, I hope this helps, thanks!
Helpful as always! I think I've got Delphox on the list but who knows. I'll have two on there.

Nice improvements, why just 3 rare candy?

I guess I could find room for it. I was mainly thinking that Braxien would come into play more often (even though I play only two), but for consistency purposes, maybe I'll remove a [F] energy for one (since the deck has more retrieval options for energy). I'll edit it in just a moment.

Edit: Delphox Break has just been updated to have four Rare Candy and eight Fire Energy. Adds a little more consistency (thanks for the suggestion @pikachuuuu101!).

By the way, just a suggestion to everyone about another draw support card. Marshadow from SHL has an ability exactly like Judge from BKT except when you play it from your hand onto your bench. They're relatively cheap, going for around $0.55 on TCGPlayer.com. Maybe decks could play one or two if they are in need of draw support (though I suggest it to decks that won't be affected to badly by only drawing four cards like decks with Oranguru) and could add some disruption to your opponent early game. Hope this helps!

Hello everybody, here is my Gardevoir GX deck list. If you don't already know, Gardevoir GX is a 230 HP, stage two GX that is currently a very dominant force in the Standard format. Its ability Secret Spring allows you to, once during your turn, attach a Fairy Energy from you hand to one of your Pokémon. Combined with its Infinite Force attack, which deals 30 damage for each energy attached to both active Pokémon, Gardevoir GX can steamroll through almost everything.

Pokémon*19

Ralts*4 BUS $0.15
Kirlia*3 BUS $0.15
Gardevoir GX*3 BUS $9.50
Gallade*1 BKT $2.80
Eevee*2 SUM $0.30
Sylveon GX*2 GRI $2.75
Octillery*2 BKT (deck exclusive version) $5.00

Trainer*29

N*3 DEX $4.10
Guzma*3 BUS $1.35
Pokémon Fan Club*2 FCO (preferably Brigette from BKT if you have one) $0.15
Ultra Ball*4 FLF $0.25
Rare Candy*4 PRC $0.40
Random Receiver*1 FCO $0.20
Field Blower*2 GRI $0.25
Super Rod*1 BKT $0.40
Choice Band*2 GRI $0.80
Float Stone*2 BKT $2.75
Parallel City*1 BKT $0.60

Energy*12

Fairy Energy*8 SUM $0.10

Total price: $84.90

A few personal cards would be Random Receiver (helps you draw a supporter that turn) and Sylveon GX (helps draw cards early game for set up). This list is a little less consistent than normal lists, but it works fine and can hold it's own against most current meta decks.

Anyways, I hope this helps. Thanks!

Edit: Changed the list to have three Gardevoir GXs, two Sylveon GXs, and two Octillerys. Updated the price to $84.90 as well.

Last edited:
Back