• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Convenience for the Community (A List of Standard Budget Decks)

Hello everybody, here is my Gardevoir GX deck list. If you don't already know, Gardevoir GX is a 230 HP, stage two GX that is currently a very dominant force in the Standard format. Its ability Secret Spring allows you to, once during your turn, attach a Fairy Energy from you hand to one of your Pokémon. Combined with its Infinite Force attack, which deals 30 damage for each energy attached to both active Pokémon, Gardevoir GX can steamroll through almost everything.

(prices are per individual card, not the combined duplicates' price, provided by TCGPlayer.com)

Pokémon*18

Ralts*4 BUS $0.15
Kirlia*3 BUS $0.15
Gardevoir GX*2 BUS $9.50
Gallade*2 BKT $2.80
Eevee*2 SUM $0.30
Sylveon GX*1 GRI $2.75
Marshadow*1 SHL $0.55
Remoraid*2 BKT (I prefer the Ion Pool version) $0.25
Octillery*1 BKT (deck exclusive version) $5.00

Trainer*30

Professor Sycamore*4 BKP $1.35
N*3 DEX$4.10
Guzma*3 BUS $1.35
Pokémon Fan Club*2 FCO $0.15
Ultra Ball*4 FLF $0.25
Rare Candy*4 PRC $0.40
Random Receiver*2 FCO $0.20
Field Blower*2 GRI $0.25
Super Rod*1 BKT $0.40
Choice Band*2 GRI $0.80
Float Stone*2 BKT $2.75
Parallel City*1 BKT $0.60

Energy*12

Fairy Energy*8 SUM $0.10
Double Colorless Energy*4 SHL $0.50

Total # of cards: 60
Total price: $71.20

A few personal cards would be Marshadow (helps disrupt opponent and draw a new hand if needed), Random Receiver (helps you draw a supporter that turn), and Sylveon GX (helps draw cards early game for set up). I removed the seconded Octillery and third Gardevoir GX due to the price hitting some high numbers. If you can get them though, I suggest you do it (you can remove anything that you don't like or you feel isn't needed in the deck for them). This list is a little less consistent than normal lists, but it works fine and can hold it's own against most current meta decks.

Anyways, I hope this helps. Thanks!

Make room for a third Garde, it doesn't make the deck cost that much more, and marshadow isnt nessecary with octillery in the deck. Also try to make room for another Sylveon as being a one of is useless.

Last edited:
Heyo! First post here. I don't do budget decks too much anymore, but here's a budget EVO Beedrill list I cooked up with the new CRI Kakuna.

Just a warning, I don't know the exact prices. Sorry about that!

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 3 Weedle EVO 5
* 4 Kakuna CIN 2
* 4 Beedrill EVO 7
* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM31
* 2 Remoraid BKT 31
* 2 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 2 Lusamine CIN 96
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Evosoda GEN 62
* 4 N DEX 96
* 1 Gladion CIN 95
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Mallow GRI 145
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Counter Catcher CIN 91
* 3 Revitalizer GEN 70
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 3 Exp. Share NXD 87

##Energy - 8

* 4 Counter Energy CIN 100
* 4 Grass Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Heyo! First post here. I don't do budget decks too much anymore, but here's a budget EVO Beedrill list I cooked up with the new CRI Kakuna.

Just a warning, I don't know the exact prices. Sorry about that!

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 3 Weedle EVO 5
* 4 Kakuna CIN 2
* 4 Beedrill EVO 7
* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM31
* 2 Remoraid BKT 31
* 2 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 2 Lusamine CIN 96
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Evosoda GEN 62
* 4 N DEX 96
* 1 Gladion CIN 95
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Mallow GRI 145
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Counter Catcher CIN 91
* 3 Revitalizer GEN 70
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 3 Exp. Share NXD 87

##Energy - 8

* 4 Counter Energy CIN 100
* 4 Grass Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Prices are always optional, just know that. It's just something FrostBiter does for his own self pleasing of perfection? Idk, XD

I has one of them good budget decks for EXPANDED. please note this is EXPANDED. got it? ok.

pokemons-18!
3-Mew EX(versatile)
3-Nincada(doesn't really matter which one)
3-Shedinja-super overpowered attack, 50 dmg * each dmg counter on pokemon
2-solosis(doesn't matter either)
2-Duosion(again, doesn't matter which one)
2-Reniculus(Damage Swap!!!)
1-Mr. Mime
2-Shaymin/marshadow/1-1 octillery line

trainerz-26
4-Team magma's secret base
4-Ultra ball
4-VS Seeker
4-Trainers mail
3-fighting fury belt
1-wally
3-sycamore
3-N
2-Revitalizer
1-special charge
1-Lusamine

energy-6
4-Rainbow Energy
2-Grass energy

Extra cards: 7! you have 7 slots to do whatever you want.

Strategy: Use mew's Vertastile ability to copy shedinja's attack. Normally you play a mew and then put rainbow energy on it while magmas base is in play. thats 160 with a fury belt! you can use reniculus's ability to move damage counters off your benched pokemon onto mew to do extra damage! You can also prevent your mew from dying with the ability. You can add some floats, i have found those to be useful.

EDIT: oops i just noticed this is supposed to be a standard deck. Oh well too bad so sad im keeping it up here

Make room for a third Garde, it doesn't make the deck cost that much more, and marshadow isnt nessecary with octillery in the deck. Also try to make room for another Sylveon as being a one of is useless.

Sure, I'll change a few things. I guess I can remove the Marshadow (though I personally thought it would work) and the 2nd Gallade for Gardevoir GX and Octillery. Also, I'll remove one Random Receiver for the 2nd Sylveon GX (just for consistency).

Prices are always optional, just know that. It's just something FrostBiter does for his own self pleasing of perfection? Idk, XD

Always happy to help (even though the prices don't necessarily help anyways)!

Helpful as always! I think I've got Delphox on the list but who knows. I'll have two on there.

By the way, forgot to remind you, this Delphox Break list is Expanded. Don't know if you already knew that, but heads up anyways. Thanks!

okay, so here is a Passimian budget deck I've been playing around with. The Idea is to use Passimian's Team play attack either with Passimian or with mew. this will hit for 120 with mew with four passimian on the bench without choice band and strong energy. with choice band and strong energy you are looking 170 damage on EX and GX pokemon and non GX/EX Pokemon 140. This deck is still in my testing phase and will be probably change a little throughout. Also attaching a bursting balloon allows for extra damage if the player chooses to attack your active Pokemon to which it is attached.

Pokemon 9
4-passimian
4-Mew FCO or Mew EX depending on what you what to use
1-Oranguru

Supporters 16
4-Sycamore
4-N
2-Gladion (have to get those Passimians out of the prizes)
2-Brigette
2-Guzma
2-Kukui

Items 24
2-Ultra ball
4-Nest ball
4-Puzzle of time(Got to get those passimian out of the discard pile.)
4-Choice band
2-field blower
3-Rescue Stretcher
1-Special charge
4-Bursting balloon

Stadiums 3
3-Brooklit Hill

Energy 8
4-Strong Energy
4-DCE

Last edited:
I has one of them good budget decks for EXPANDED. please note this is EXPANDED. got it? ok.

pokemons-18!
3-Mew EX(versatile)
3-Nincada(doesn't really matter which one)
3-Shedinja-super overpowered attack, 50 dmg * each dmg counter on pokemon
2-solosis(doesn't matter either)
2-Duosion(again, doesn't matter which one)
2-Reniculus(Damage Swap!!!)
1-Mr. Mime
2-Shaymin/marshadow/1-1 octillery line

trainerz-26
4-Team magma's secret base
4-Ultra ball
4-VS Seeker
4-Trainers mail
3-fighting fury belt
1-wally
3-sycamore
3-N
2-Revitalizer
1-special charge
1-Lusamine

energy-6
4-Rainbow Energy
2-Grass energy

Extra cards: 7! you have 7 slots to do whatever you want.

Strategy: Use mew's Vertastile ability to copy shedinja's attack. Normally you play a mew and then put rainbow energy on it while magmas base is in play. thats 160 with a fury belt! you can use reniculus's ability to move damage counters off your benched pokemon onto mew to do extra damage! You can also prevent your mew from dying with the ability. You can add some floats, i have found those to be useful.

EDIT: oops i just noticed this is supposed to be a standard deck. Oh well too bad so sad im keeping it up here

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to start another thread for expanded... bummer ;)

Hello due to some suggestions and an incident, there will be a new thread dealing with expanded budget decks coming soon!

Hello due to some suggestions and an incident, there will be a new thread dealing with expanded budget decks coming soon!

Great! Let me know if I can help with anything!

By the way, I was thinking of posting a Standard Tapu Bulu GX/Vikavolt list soon. It has a more toolbox playstyle without Tapu Lele GXs, so grabbing the exact card you need is relatively easy (especially with extra copies of Skyla!).

Also, I was wondering if Zoroark GX might be an alternative draw support card for decks here. Helps draw cards, makes Mallow a viable supporter, and removes the deck of cards not needed later on (by discarding them). Not to mention that they're going for only $12.00-$13.00 on TCGPlayer.com. Let me know what you think, thanks!

Last edited:
Hello everyone, here is my Tapu Bulu GX/Vikavolt list. If you don't know already, Tapu Bulu GX is a Basic, 180 HP GX that has an attack that deals 120 damage for two [G] energy and a [C] energy which says you may discard all energy attached to this Pokémon, if you do, this attack deals 60 more damage (totaling at 180 damage). This attack is a monster for opposing decks to handle, K.O.ing almost GXs without a Choice Band. Not to mention Tapu Bulu GX's GX attack, which deals 150 damage (180 with a Choice Band) for two [G] energy and one [C] and says heal all damage from this Pokémon. Now, you may be wondering how you consistently regenerate energy onto Tapu Bulu GX. That is where Vikavolt comes in. Vikavolt is a 150 HP stage 2 that has an ability which says, once during your turn, you may search your deck for a [G] energy and a [L] energy and attach them to your Pokémon in any way you like. This combo is devastating as long as you can keep up the Tapu Bulu GXs and energy, so focusing on grabbing those specific cards (like Rare Candy, Heavy Ball, etc.) is key.

(prices are per individual card, not the combined duplicates' price, provided by TCGPlayer.com)

Pokémon*15

Tapu Bulu GX*3 PR $4.60 (full art is only $0.35 more if you want it!)
Grubbin*3 SUM $0.15
Charjabug*1 SUM $0.15
Vikavolt*3 SUM $1.40 (the promo {not the League Stamp promo} is only $0.80)
Mew*1 FCO $1.65
Remoraid*2 BKT (I prefer the Ion Pool version) $0.25
Octillery*2 BKT $5.00

Trainer*33

Professor Sycamore*3 BKP $1.35
N*3 DEX $4.10
Guzma*3 BUS $1.35
Skyla*3 BCR $0.25
Pokémon Fan Club*2 FCO (preferably Brigette from BKT if you have one) $0.15
Ultra Ball*4 FLF $0.25
Heavy Ball*1 NXD $0.25
Rare Candy*3 PRC $0.40
Field Blower*3 GRI $0.25
Energy Recycler*1 GRI $0.15
Super Rod*1 BKT $0.40
Choice Band*2 GRI $0.80
Fighting Fury Belt*1 BKP $1.85
Float Stone*2 BKT $2.75

Energy*12

Grass Energy*7 SUM $0.10
Lighting Energy*5 SUM $0.10

Total price: $66.10

There isn't too many personally cards in this list except the extra Skyla (helps draw that one crucial card needed to keep up the Tapu Bulu GXs) and higher count of Octillery (helps against late game Ns and draw support throughout the game). I'd like to find room for a seconded Fighting Fury Belt, but I think this list is consistent enough for the moment.

Anyways, I hope this helps. Thanks!

Last edited:
would you consider golisopod-zoroark a budget deck?

I would think so as long as you can keep the price below $100. By the way, are talking about a Zoroark BKT/Zoroark GX split? Both are somewhat expensive at the moment. If your going to do Golisopod GX, I'd suggest Garbodor as the partner, but both work. You might want to check with @AFEX first though, just in case. Good luck!

Hello everybody, here is my Raichu GX/Raikou list. If you don't already know, Raichu GX is a 210 HP, stage 1 GX that has an attack which deals 20 damage plus 20 for each [L] energy attached to each of your Pokémon, which costs two [C] energy to use. Also, for two [L] energy and a [C] energy, one attack deals 160 damage and says that this Pokémon does 30 damage to itself (unfortunately). Its GX attack costs two [L] energy and a [C] that deals 120 damage and paralyzes your opponent's active Pokémon. Raikou from SHL also helps with an attack that deals 30 damage for one [L] energy and lets you attach a [L] energy to one of your benched Pokémon. This deck is somewhat similar to Turbo Dark in Standard with Darkrai EX like Raichu GX and Raikou similar to Yveltal. Oranguru is for draw support and a basic for Max Elixir to attach to. Raichu hits for high numbers late game and taking K.O.s on Pokémon weakened by Raikou's chip damage.

Pokémon*14

Pikachu*4 GEN $0.15
Raichu GX*3 SHL $3.85
Raikou*3 SHL $0.55
Oranguru*2 SUM $2.45
Mewtwo*1 EVO $0.25
Tapu Koko GX*1 GRI $1.70

Trainer*34

Professor Sycamore*4 BKP $1.35
N*3 DEX $4.10
Guzma*3 BUS $1.35
Pokémon Fan Club*2 FCO (preferably Brigette from BKT if you have one) $0.15
Acerola*2 BUS $0.40
Ultra Ball*4 FLF $0.25
Max Elixir*4 BKP $7.00
Field Blower*2 GRI $0.25
Super Rod*1 BKT $0.40
Rescue Stretcher*1 GRI $0.25
Choice Band*3 GRI $0.80
Exp. Share*3 SUM $0.10
Float Stone*2 BKT $2.75

Energy*12

Lightning Energy*12 SUM $0.10

Total price: $82.80

Some of my personal cards would be Mewtwo (helps with fighting types that hit for weakness on Raichu GX), Tapu Koko GX (helps if Raichu GX is damaged in the active position by its own attack or the opponent and it doesn't have weakness), and Acerola (helps pick up Raichu GX if damaged or Tapu Koko GX).

I hope this helps. Let me know what you think, thanks!

Last edited:
Hi guys probably in blind but i see 57 cards and 58 in solgaleo and ninetales-gx deck... Whats the missing cards?? Ty

Hi guys probably in blind but i see 57 cards and 58 in solgaleo and ninetales-gx deck... Whats the missing cards?? Ty

Hello, welcome to the thread! Thanks for reporting the issue, I'll be on it soon, come by another time and card amountages will be fixed!

Thank you, AFEX

Back