[COMPLETE]Think Outside the Box [GAME](Not Pokemon)

Pokémaniac

meow
logobox.gif

Welcome to the world of Boxes! Please leave one of your dimensions at the door, then come in and stretch your sides. Comfortable? Good. Now, let's get down to the nitty gritty.

Why should you stay in the world of Boxes? Well let me give you a few reasons.

room.gif

All the brain-busting fun of an adventure game. Prepare to scavenge for leaves, string, CDs, splints and whatever else you can get your greedy... hands?... on to find your way out of whatever room you may be stuck in.

win.gif

Of course, if your brain gets too busted, there's always an easy way out. The game is about finding the most ways out of each room as possible, but if you get too stuck, you can always just skip to the next room. What’s that called? Ah yes. Non-linear.

boyorgirl.gif

Amazing character customization. Choose your gender and name! I like the bow, even if I am a male. No-one’s judgmental in the world of Boxes!

monster-1.gif

Face the most fearsome of foes. As you have been known to say, “Jerks. The world's greatest obstacle.”

grippingstory.gif

And of course, an absolutely gripping story. Feel the aching heart of a box stuffed down in a dungeon by his or her own parents. Feel the intensity of certain characters’ all-caps writing scratching against your eyes. And feel the excitement of a lock finally opened. I warn you, they jump.

Not convinced? I’m going to hand you over to our well trained staff to see if they can finish the pitch.

boxboy.gif
Hey. I’m Boxster. I’m like, the pinnacle of manliness. I’m a cool shade of blue. You like cool things, right?

boxgirl.gif
That may be so, but I appeal to the female demographic. My name’s Boxette. I have a bow.

boxboy.gif
I’ll admit, that’s one snazzy bow.

Sold yet? Great!
It's available here! Make sure you install the fonts! If you don't know how to, or if you can't, then you can simply have the 2 fonts open in the background.

~This advertisement brought to you by The Tri-weekly Challenge! Tri your luck today!

AND DEAR GOD LEAVE A COMMENT!

RE: Think Outside the Box [GAME](Not Pokemon)

Wow, I like your presentation!

The game looks great, and I hope it gets finished! If you need help, I'm a PM away.

Dear Porygon-X,

Here in the land of Boxes we try to keep things as presentable as possible. I informed the cleaning staff of your message and they were most pleased.

Right now there are no slots available, but if a position was to open, you will be informed.

Sincerely,
Land of Boxes Customer Service

You are now tuning in to – Square Wars!

“Luke, I am your ~”

~Pzzzzt~

We’re interrupting this broadcast to bring you a special announcement!

boxboy.gif
Aww man! Now I’ll never know what he is…

Hello, this is Sally Straightline bringing you urgent news. There have been recent reports that a box has been able to escape the first room in the world of Boxes using every exit.

boxboy.gif
What?! No-one ever told me about this-

We are crossing over live to the supposed adventurer.

boxgirl.gif
Hi.

boxboy.gif
Hey?! What? Not cool!

Hello Boxette. Describe your ordeal to us.

boxgirl.gif
Well, the director of the world of Boxes project approached me yesterday. He gave me exact directions on all the ways out and got me to test it out for me. I went through all five.

How would you describe the experience?

boxgirl.gif
Fun!

boxboy.gif
Why her? Why not me?!

Do you have any idea why you were chosen for the role over, say, your blue friend?

boxgirl.gif
The director said it was the bow.

boxboy.gif
I need to get a bow.

So how long did it take you to do?

boxgirl.gif
About 10 minutes, with the guide. Although there was about an hour worth of breaks, since I had to constantly call in the maintenance team to fix things up. The hardest thing for them to get right was the pyrotechnics.

Thank you, crossing back now to the news room. Sally?

Hello again. When asked earlier for proof, Boxette showed us this photo of the event.

proof.png

We had an interview with the director – who wishes to remain anonymous – about this breakthrough. He said he was “pleased”. When asked what this meant for the world, he said “it means that on the 22nd of April, there will 100% for sure be something available to experience. He said he’d be disappointed if there was only one room in the world, however.

~BBBZZZZZZZZZZTTTT~

boxboy.gif
I don’t think I want to watch TV now. It’s stupid.

Lol, very nice presentation and very nice ideas - PM me if you need help :p

Parasect Maniac~~~~~

THREE YEARS LATER EDIT: I am extremely embarrassed by the posts I've made here. Please do me a favour and don't read any posts I've made in this thread,

I LOVE THE LOOKS OF DIS GAME!

Dear Parasect o_O,

Thank you! We strive to create only the most unique of ideas. I sent on your message to the design team, and though they were generally pleased, one did tell me to ask:

"Is this some sort of hoax? Who has a name like Parasect o_O?"

We are very in-tune with the mailing system and we do understand some mail is best kept private. So if help is needed,you will be addressed through these means.

Sincerely,
Bob Brick(Customer Service is busy dealing with the tabloids after that urgent news announcement!)

---

DEAR NOD3,

I AM BLOCK. I LIKE TO SPEAK IN CAPITAL LETTERS. SOME BOXES LOOK DOWN ON ME FOR THIS, BUT ME AND YOU, WE'RE JUST MISUNDERSTOOD. IF THE WORLD WASN'T SUCH A HOLE, WE WOULDN'T NEED TO YELL ALL THE TIME, RIGHT?

OH AND ONE OF THOSE NERDS FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE SAYS "HI I SMELL" OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

BYE,
BLOCK

Dear Parasect o_O,

I have recently been informed that "hoo-muns" sometimes go by "Knick names" or "Pen names" as they are sometimes called. I have also been informed that these all too often do not resemble proper names. Me and the staff member that asked the question both send our apologies for any offense.

Sorry and sincerely,
Bob Brick

Pokémaniac said:
Dear Parasect o_O,

Thank you! We strive to create only the most unique of ideas. I sent on your message to the design team, and though they were generally pleased, one did tell me to ask:

"Is this some sort of hoax? Who has a name like Parasect o_O?"

We are very in-tune with the mailing system and we do understand some mail is best kept private. So if help is needed,you will be addressed through these means.

Sincerely,
Bob Brick(Customer Service is busy dealing with the tabloids after that urgent news announcement!)

---

DEAR NOD3,

I AM BLOCK. I LIKE TO SPEAK IN CAPITAL LETTERS. SOME BOXES LOOK DOWN ON ME FOR THIS, BUT ME AND YOU, WE'RE JUST MISUNDERSTOOD. IF THE WORLD WASN'T SUCH A HOLE, WE WOULDN'T NEED TO YELL ALL THE TIME, RIGHT?

OH AND ONE OF THOSE NERDS FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE SAYS "HI I SMELL" OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

BYE,
BLOCK
You made my stomach turn inside out.

Dear Nod3,

Your stomach turned inside out? Oh dear! We will make Block pay for the replacement of any vital organs as a result of this. We are most terribly sorry. He saw your letter written it all capital letters, and he felt the need to steal it from us and reply to it personally. We didn't think anything bad would come of it!

We have had to give out more apologies today then we would have liked to. Sorry everyone!

Sincerely,
World of Boxes Customer Service

Dude, this game looks Awesome! And so's you since of humor. You are hilarious.

When should it be released??

Dear Porygon-X,

I do believe we've had the pleasure of talking before, have we not?

I am quite glad that you find our world to be "awesome", however, I must warn you that escaping is no game. You never want to be stuck in a room with nothing to eat but a key, would you? Well here in the world of Boxes, you are taught that rather than eating the key, perhaps you should put it in the door and leave. If you're hungry, you can just buy a burger instead. I'm sure you can agree that this is an essential life lesson, and such survival tips are no game!

As for when our opening day, this world is being crafted for a competition, so we must be ready by the 22nd of April. However, it will not open to the general public until the 23rd.

Sincerely,

Oh, pshaw, breaking out will be a synch. If the key disappears, I can just blast a hole in the walls.

Dear Nod3,

That's the sort of ambition we're looking for!

But what in this world will you blast the hole with?

Confusedly,

This game looks great! Also, you have great sense of humor.

Simply incredible. The game is simple, but hard. I like =3

P.S. Would getting myself stuck in a cereal box and trying to escape help me practice?

Pokémaniac said:
Dear Nod3,

That's the sort of ambition we're looking for!

But what in this world will you blast the hole with?

Confusedly,

Well, I have some...Stuff... Like tank cannons that are mounted onto your arm.
me>>
WEB_CHEMIN_7157_1261783214.jpg
<<me

Dear Leafy101,

Why thank you! All through life I've been told that perhaps I'm too serious for a box, but I disagree. It's just that I can be a little boxed-u at times. Har har har!

... Moving on...

It is very refreshing to hear you say you enjoy my humor!

Sincerely,

-

Dear squirtli,

Thank you! We strive for balance.

We find that any sort of training can be useful, especially training involving boxes. So yes! We even have OUR OWN cereal line coming out soon, and that will come with a specially designed box for escaping. Look out for Box-o's! (They aren't actually O-shaped however. It's a very deceptive name. They are of course boxes.)

Sincerely,
World of Boxes Advertising Department
-

Dear Nod3,

I like the way you think! However, there may be trouble getting your weapons across the border. We have very strict policies on these things. You could construct a weapon...

Sincerely,

Back