Do you like color cartridges?

• Yes!

Votes: 41 93.2%
  • No....

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters

superfoof

Has had 5 Nintendo DS systems
What are your thoughts on them? Do you miss them and want them back or do you hate them and hope they burn? They've been around since Red and Blue (Green too) but disappeared for 4th gen and 5th gen (so far) I really liked them because they stood out on my shelf and looked nice.
Discuss.

It would add a touch to the small DS cartridges. Maybe they'd be easier to keep around because they'll stick out with their various colors.

Hold up HeartGold or SoulSilver up to a bright light. Because of the IR it is actually a transparent color. Okay, it isn't the bright color like they used to be, but it is color. It should be dark red or purplish color when you hold it up to a light.

But I do wish they would bring back the colors, especially for Pokemon games.

HG/SS is black but clear violet under light.....BORING. I want metalic gold and silver for HG/SS!

I would've loved this for the fifth gen games...eh, maybe when I get Black I can at least pretend it's something special. :p

I loved the coloured cartriges for the pokemon games, it made them stand out and were unique. My favourite was probably the 3rd gen ones.

I miss them....although ds cartriges are already black/grey so it might not be possible this gen...

Although maybe a Black/White checkered effect on the cartriges would be cool. :eek:

I like em. they give the adventurer your about to go on fell more exciting!

i dont really care for color cartriges... u wouldnt see it when it is in the ds.

I don't like the idea. Personally, I don't want people to know I play pokemon, and just by the color would give it away. Also, you can hardly see the game when it is in the DS anyway, so it really has no point.

Aww, Jacobe. You shouldn't be ashamed if someone knows you're playing Pokemon. It's just a game. Might as well make fun of someone who plays Halo Reach or something. =/

Personally, I would like for them to be brought back. I miss the colored cartridges because they really did stand out from all the other Game Boy/Game Boy Advance cartridges. I doubt they'll pick up on this again though. I mean, no DS cartridge has ever been a different color from black (even though the HG/SS cartridges were a bit darker than usual). :0

I was surprised when the company stopped doing that with the arrival of the DS. It's very possible that they had good reasoning other than this other than just abandoning the idea.

I love them, they were so appealing, especially red and blue. The only one I didn't care for was silver, it was too similar to the normal gray GB carts IMO, lol. I guess that's why it would be a bit hard to do with black, unless they did something neat like make translucent black and white carts, which of course they are FAR too lazy and uninspired to do.

^I agree. The cartridges were very nice, but it would've been very cool if they had sdone something like a translucent black and white cartridge. D/P/P/HG/SS would have looked VERY cool had they done that as well. It's sort of a disappointment that they nixed that, LOL.

I liked them too, now they are just dull regular cartridges, they could have made the Diamond cartridge a light blue color and the Pearl cartridge purple, but NO, they had to make them plain coored cartridges....

The color cartridges were nice, it made it easy for me to find my Pokemon games from the rest of the games.

I was glad that HG/SS were black instead of the regular grey cartridges, I can easily find my HG/SS now. I don't see them returning, though I wish they would. Does anyone have a picture of the Japanese cartridges?, do those have any special color, if they do we MAY see them in America, but I don't see them happening.

The main reason I can think of why they got rid of them was they were very bulky and hard to carry around. They also sometimes got problems inside the cartridges, such as dirt and dust getting in them, making them obsolete to the little cartridges we have today. However, if they solved the problems, I would love to have them back. :]

The main reason I can think of why they got rid of them was they were very bulky and hard to carry around.
I'd think that the casing would be too difficult to manufacture for for these ones. I suppose that the fact that they were "bulky" was a reason they could do it with GB carts.

I personally liked them. It differentiated them in my collection, as well as occasionally being the right colour to blend in with my GBA SP (here's looking at you, R+FR).

Does anyone think that it might too too much money to manufacture for a game cartridge so small?

Well, I haz an idea. COLOUR THEM. MARKER PENS. SPRAY PAINT. WHATEVER. GOGOGO DIY.

Ok I think I'm trolling or something. But as you said they do stand out from the other cartridges you have when you have them in a pile. For convenience.

But what I think is the most important thing is what's in that gamepak/cartidge/card. The contents. If the game was really good then you wouldn't really mind much of the outer packaging, but even if the packaging looks nice when the content is crap, then it's useless.

For now the franchise is still in the state of the former, so I don't really mind. But it'll be good if they did something to the colour.

@Evolution: It might. Not to say that it's impossible, but now everything in existence now is a result of mass production technologies, plus the modelling technology used to make the plastic covering (and the tech bits inside) have improved tremendously over the decade, so I don't really think the costs would escalate too much. Maybe a teeny bit. (They produce in bulk too)

Well who knows the small game cards might have just costed about a couple of dollars (or even less)

Back