Cofagrigus and Reuniclus combo?

Spoink!

Haters Gonna Hate :-)
The first thing that I thought of when I read Cofagrigus' translation was to pair it with Reuniclus and do a lot of damage while healing a lot of damage. I could try to devote maybe 10 to 15 cards to this in a ZPS deck to help it late game.

Cofagrigus - Psychic - HP90
Stage 1 - Evolves from Yamask

[P][C] Damage Count: Move all damage counters on one of your Benched Pokemon to the Defending Pokemon.
[P][C][C] Bewilder: 30 damage. The Defending Pokemon is now Confused.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

Cofagrigus is going to be the main attacker, using Damage Count. It only costs a psychic and a colorless, so that's a 2 turn setup, or less if that Pachirisu and Shaymin are still on your bench from the donk attempt. Dark weakness isn't that bad, but the 90 HP could use some work. Eviolite (If this card is attached to a Basic Pokemon, all damage done to this Pokemon is reduced by 20 damage) could be used to protect it as a Yamask and Defender might help it after it evolves.

57-reuniclus.jpg

Reuniclus helps move all of those damage counters to a benched Pokemon so that we can use Damage Count to its full extent.

So in a Zekrom donk, this would be useful to clean up with. This is my first thread in the Player's Sandbox, so if I'm doing it wrong, then tell me.
:D

The point about Zekrom is that it doesn't need a lategame because it should take 6 prizes in 6 turns.

This combo could be pretty good if you simply tech in reshiram and zekrom purely for outrage.

I agree with that second statement there Jahikoi. Eviolite really doesn't need to be here, because once Yamask evolves, Eviolite is kinda pointless and it just takes up useful deck space. I'm thinking:

3-3 Cofagrigus
2-1-2 Reuniclus
1x Reshiram
2x Cleffa
1x Tyrogue

Don't forget your DCE.

EspeonROX said:
I agree with that second statement there Jahikoi. Eviolite really doesn't need to be here, because once Yamask evolves, Eviolite is kinda pointless and it just takes up useful deck space. I'm thinking:

3-3 Cofagrigus
2-1-2 Reuniclus
1x Reshiram
2x Cleffa
1x Tyrogue

Don't forget your DCE.

I never like to put only one of an important Pokemon (meaning Reshiram or possibly even Tyrogue)... That's not saying it's a bad idea, but I don't like to run the risk of an important card being prized or getting KO'd.

Funny how I don't like to take risks, but I'm trying to build a ZPS deck. :p

Reshiram really isn't important. It's there for type coverage and you can abuse DCE when you Outrage.

I think Cofagrigus should only be for revenge kills. What CANT kill him in one hit at 90hp?

I think that the other Cofagrigus has an ability that leaves him with 10hp when he would die on a coin flip... synergy!!!

Back