• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Clutch Kick (Klinklang/Scizor Prime)

Which Klink? Which Klang? Which backup attacker?

• Klink B&W 74/114

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Klang B&W 75/114

• Klang EP

• Klang Dark Rush

• Total voters

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
I'm gonna change my deck once Dark Explorers hit the shelves, so this is just some ideas I had for it.

4 Klink (B&W 74/114 or B&W Promo 10/12)
2 Klang (Not sure which of the three to use)
4 Klinklang (Two B&W 76/114 and Two Dark Explorers)
2 Scyther (UD 36/90)
2 Scizor Prime (UD 84/90)
4 Skarmory (UD 21/90)
Pokemon: 18

4 Heavy Ball
4 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Junk Arm
2 Switch

4 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Professor Juniper
3 N
2 Twins
T/S/S/T: 30

4 Special Metal Energy
8 Metal Energy
Energy: 12

Strategy: Start with Skarmory and stack energy on a benched pokemon, get a B&W Klinklang set up first, then a Dark Explorers one, stall with Scizor Prime if needed.

Changes: Probably some changes to my T/S/S/T line. Scizor vs. Cobalion.

I don't know if this deck with be good, but I'm hoping it'll work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Klink (B&W Promo 10/12)

[M] Charge Beam: 10 Flip a coin, If heads, attach an energy card from your discard pile to this Pokemon
[M][C] Irongrip: 20

Weakness: Fire 2x
Resistance: Psychic -20
Retreat: [C]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Klang (Dark Explorers)

[C][C] Charge Beam: 20 Flip a coin. If heads, attach an Energy card from your discard pile to this Pokémon.
[M][C][C] ViceGrip :50

Retreat: [C][C][C]
Klinklang (Dark Explorers)

[C] Metal Blast: 20+ Does 20 more damage for each [M] Energy attached to this Pokémon.
[M][M][C][C] Lock Gear: 60 Draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand.

Retreat: [C][C][C][C]

Kyurem EX is good but try regular kyurem, as it makes quick work of Rsshiboar EX, the only real fire based deck right now.
-1 Heavy Ball
-2 PONT
-2 N
-1 Juniper

+2 Kyurem
+2 Rainbow/Prism
+2 Mewtwo

I'll probably throw the Kyurem in. I have a vendetta against Mewtwo, I keep trying to prove to everyone that you can drop a Mewtwo quick without another Mewtwo, so far it's Scizor and Cobalion that are proving me right, but I haven't faced many Mewtwo's. I gotta know though, why lower my draw power line?

Really just lower your hand refreshing draws. I find 8 draw supporters enough In everything. 6 hand refreshers(juniper/PONT/N) and 2 Cheren/sages.

Scizor is your main attacker, and your only attacker actually. There only needs to be one Klinklang out, two if one is at risk of a KO. There's no need to run such a thick 4-2-4 line of him when a 3-1-2 line will suffice with 1-2 rare candies. You need 3-3 Scizor minimum so that it has consistency and backups.

Add in Cobalion as a secondary attacker to counter Pokemon that don't need special energy, such as almost every Eels deck (they run on basic electric and won't use DCE to attack).

Kyurem EX is counter productive, you want the special energy to be on them, not removed.

Aipom tech may help, since you can Tail Code the special to something else more dangerous while also removing their ability to attack. Then when you KO the defending pokemon, they don't have something to counter with since you've moved a special energy to it. This would be a VERY weird tech though.

Prism/Rainbow energy can be used as well, since they provide every type at once, you CAN move them with Shift Gear, and Rainbow does count towards Scizor's +20 damage per energy clause. This can help you tech in other attackers like a normal Kyurem for fire decks, or a Terrakion for ZekEels.

Viole said:
Scizor is your main attacker, and your only attacker actually. There only needs to be one Klinklang out, two if one is at risk of a KO. There's no need to run such a thick 4-2-4 line of him when a 3-1-2 line will suffice with 1-2 rare candies. You need 3-3 Scizor minimum so that it has consistency and backups.

Add in Cobalion as a secondary attacker to counter Pokemon that don't need special energy, such as almost every Eels deck (they run on basic electric and won't use DCE to attack).

Kyurem EX is counter productive, you want the special energy to be on them, not removed.

Aipom tech may help, since you can Tail Code the special to something else more dangerous while also removing their ability to attack. Then when you KO the defending pokemon, they don't have something to counter with since you've moved a special energy to it. This would be a VERY weird tech though.

Prism/Rainbow energy can be used as well, since they provide every type at once, you CAN move them with Shift Gear, and Rainbow does count towards Scizor's +20 damage per energy clause. This can help you tech in other attackers like a normal Kyurem for fire decks, or a Terrakion for ZekEels.

Klinklang from dark rush is my main for this deck, the deck list you're changing it too is the deck I have now.-_-

My apologies. I read that as you're going to tech in Klinklang from Dark Rush when it comes out, and want info on your current Klinklang deck.

My energy accelerator is Skarmory, granite, I could Eletwins with him, but I don't have good luck with interviewers, so energy mite might be the same story.

Jirachi said:
I'd try to max out collector for consistency. Maybe some catcher would help too.

I don't use 4 collector because even in my Durant deck, I had four and I'd be lucky to see more than one a game.

But there are two different types of kinklang. If you reduce it to three there will be little chance that both will be run at the same time.

Back