City Championships from the 6th Dimension: Day 1

Elk-Dimension

u elkcom hangl man
Hokay, so my cities were just the other day. We had two, Saturday and Sunday. I went down with Vulpix Yolk, LORDY JONES, Donqueen 14, and Crazy Fish (who is DQ14's li'l bro). I decided to run Jumpluff Vileplume, as it the only deck I have the money for deck I am most comfortable with. The night before, I made a few edits to my list, throwing in more Energy and a Froslass GL for lulz to counter Dialga G. Typed up my decklist (PM me if you care) with a Chingling image, and I was ready to go!

12/11/10- City Championships, Albuquerque

There are not many people. We have a horribly unstable metagame and player base here. But, we meet up with our good friend Lucas, as well as ToasterStrudelFrenzy. I believe in the end there are 10 Seniors, so we will do four rounds with a Top Cut of two. We thought Crazy Fish was in Juniors, but he ended up being in Seniors. GOOOOOOD.

Round 1- Vs. Crazy Fish with Rampardos
See, Vulpix Yolk built Crazy Fish a not bad Rampardos, thinking it would do well in Juniors. As I mentioned, CF ended up being in Seeniors with us, where he didn’t fare too well. He gets pretty much nothing, as I set up a Vileplume and Jumpluff to get the clean sweep. GG. I felt kinda bad, ‘cause he hasn’t had a whole lotta tourney experience, but hey. I’m in it to win it.
1-0

Round 2- Vs. ToasterStrudelFrenzy with BlazeRayChomp
We both get off to pretty good starts. He Flash Bites then Luring Flames a benched Hoppip, hoping for the burn to get the first turn kill. Luckily, I hit the flip with a heads and live. On my second turn, I BTS and get up a full Jumpluff and Sunflora, and get the KO on his Blaziken. We trade off a few prizes over the next three turns until we are tied at 3-3. At this point, I’m getting sick of Power Spray and PokeTurn, so I focus on getting Vileplume out, rather than trying to get KOs. I Sunshine Grace for Oddish… only to find out that both are Prized. I have no means of getting Azelf, either. I miss the KO on his active Luxray or something by 10, and he sends out Garchomp and levels up, healing his benched, damaged Blaziken and Luxray. He then proceeds to KO my Jumpluff with Blaziken. Now, I am out of Skiploom, and am forced to sit and try to draw until he kills me. GG.
1-1

Round 3- Vs. Some kid with a “Grass Deck”
I’m shuffling, and he says, “I hope you’re not running Fire!” He sees my Sunkern and says, “Oh, good, I saw Leaf! Is it your favorite type, too?” He then proceeds to go off about his green sleeves and die, and how they match his deck. I’m kinda thinking I have it won. I start with an Oddish to his Yanma, and he goes first. He attaches and Air Slashes for 20, losing the energy. I Collector for some stuff, and get set-up. I then proceed to 6-0 sweep him. He reveals to me after the game that he top decked an Expert Belt first turn, and if he had gone second, he would have DONK’d me. However, I run the LA Oddish, so I point out that if I hit the flip, he’dve been Paralyzed and the game would’ve gone just the same. GG.
2-1

Now we get lunch break. We go across the street to Burger King, where I and LORDY JONES get two buck doubles. VY gets something because he doesn’t eat red meat. DQ14 gets a chicken sandwich. And a Texas Burger. And a 32 oz drink filled to the top with no ice. Then we run to K-Mart to pick up some packs for lulz, where DQ14 buys a bag of cotton candy and eats all of it. “Hey guys, I was feeling sick, then I ate some cotton candy, and I felt more sick!”

Round 4- Vs. LORDY JONES with Porygon-Z
I wasn’t looking forward to this. I hate battling friends, and this match-up is really just depending on a T1-T2 Plume. I was thinking, “OK, howzabout this be a real close, fun game that I end up winning?” Then he gets a bad hand, while I get an absolute God hand. Then I’m thinking, “Well, I’m fine with a 6-0 sweep, too…” H goes first, to top it off, and I T1 Candy to Vileplume. We both offer up the “good game,” essentially, at this point. He runs Dialga, but he wasn’t able to get it out without Trainers. I do end up sweeping through his stream of Porygons with Jumpluff. GG.
FINAL: 3-1

I unfortunately miss top cut to TSF and VY, due to my playing CF and that Grass Kid, reducing my Opponent’s Win Percentage. I end up in third, which is still cool. In the end, TSF beat VY in Top Cut as we play ping-pong. Still, it was a lot of fun, with some good matches.

Props:
Chingling
Being prepared
VY’s dad taking us up in his new van
DQ14 starting to play WoW
Froslass being cool (even though it didn’t do anything)
Buck Doubles

Slops:
Playing friends
Oddishes being Prized
Missing Top Cut
VY Losing
Bad pack pulls (but hey, it’s Triumphant, what do you expect?)

Um... 10/11/10 Battle Roads? Try again, also Burger King as opposed to Wendy's, anyways awesome report! Props on 3rd.

Back