Chrono Trigger DS

Unfallible

im more perfecter then u :P
Hi everyone. I am a huge fan of Chrono Trigger, and today when I went on the Square Enix official website it said a Chrono Trigger remake will be released for the Nintendo DS. I checked the Japanese website (the American CT site isn't up yet) and watched the little trailer. The graphics looked like they did on the SNES! Does anyone know if the graphics are going to be redone?

Luna

Luna=Luna
Most likely theey will.i want to play chrono trigger again! =^_^= it was a really good game!

Unfallible

Well if they're putting more effort into FFIV than Chrono Trigger, I will be furious. FFIV is one my favorite games, but Chrono Trigger is still better. Imagine "The Trial" in a voiceover. Imagine the music played when battling Magus... remixed! Picture the Kingdom of Zeal with redone graphics! FFIV is getting all those benefits, so why not Chrono Trigger? Earthbound, FFIV, and Chrono Trigger, this is awsome!

Unfallible

Not next week, two weeks from now. FFIVDS will be released on July 22. The Chrono Trigger site is up in English now! Hooray!

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Chrono Trigger is still one of the best SNES games. Needless to say, I'm keeping a close watch on this one. Also, don't worry about FFIV. I've heard it's one of the best RPGs on the DS.

dmaster out.

Unfallible

It turns out there won't be any flashy new graphics! Just a new stupid dungeon that will be impossible to beat! I am mad!

Chairman Kaga

ALLEZ CUISINE
Funny, because I'm actually quite happy that they're not going to try to "improve" Chrono Trigger. The game deserves to be experienced in its original form.

Adding uber-leet 3D does not really add anything to the game, and in some ways detracts from it. Although I'm not going to complain if they decide to do it at a later point, as long as it looks as awesome as FF4 is apparently going to be.

But for now, Chrono Trigger just needs to get placed back into the zeitgeist. There's a whole new generation of gamers now that have never even seen it. That's more depressing than anything else.

cool

Hi.
Chrono Trigger is amazing. I own it on my SNES and just beat it a week ago and its AMAZING cant wait to buy this.

Unfallible

Chairman Kaga, you are right about a whole generation not having experianced Chrono Trigger. That is precicely why I want the graphics, sound, etc. improved. That whole generation will get Chrono Trigger and wonder what is so good about it. The game will cost forty dollars plus tax. People will buy it. Most people could care less about the story. In fact all that they will care about are the graphics, sound, and how violent it is. That's one of the reasons why Pokemon is so hated by many people. The new generation will consider the game worthless. Then The new generation will forget about the series as a whole, or they will remember how they waisted all that mmoney and time on the game. Square Enix will remember the game, and how poorly it sold, and we, the original fans will never see another Chrono game ever again. What happened to Chrono Break? I don't know about any one else, but I was really dissapointed when it was clearly not going to happen!

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Chrono Trigger was big the same Year KI came out for the SNES also. Be aware of major changes as well as graphics to the DS version. It will be better if not worse than the SNES version.:)

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
There's no "major" changes to the graphics, but you can play with the touch screen if you want.

dmaster out.

Unfallible

Oh, did I forget to add that, sorry my bad. What do you mean major changes, they look identical? How is the game going to sell like that. What about Chrono Break!?

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
d master342 said:
There's no "major" changes to the graphics, but you can play with the touch screen if you want.

dmaster out.

It may not be major but there will be a lot of changes like they did with FF III.:)

Unfallible

Those are considered major. I don't care what Square Enix does to the provided the storyline and gameplay remain the same. They can add all the side quests and graphics they want. (but there were already plenty) If enough Chrono fans are picked up maybe there will be a new Chrono game released. That's what I want. I am still glad that we are getting this much.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Don't buy this game for the story. :/ Buy it for nostalgia. :D

dmaster out.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
What? I thought there was game like this out already. It sounded to me like you were talking like it was already out not that you wanted it. Now I am confused and lost.:)

Unfallible

xxashxx said:
What? I thought there was game like this out already. It sounded to me like you were talking like it was already out not that you wanted it. Now I am confused and lost.:)

It's not out. I do want it. Sqare Enix realesed Front Mission 1st for DS a while ago and it sold rather poorly. No one wanted a SNES remake for the DS.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
Oh I see. I think it will be but give it until 2010 or so. I am waiting for a KI DS game.:)