Writing Child of Captive (Update: Chapter 5)

RE: Child of Captive (Update: The fourth chapter is up)

Finally here's chapter 5! It's a little shorter this time, but I'm trying to build up for the next chapter.

Malena looked around, frowning more and more as she saw how sad and defeated the Pokémon appeared. Slowly she walked up to little Wingull whom she remembered from her dream. The little Pokemon started trembling slightly as she approached, yet continued to lay motionless on the ground of the cave.

"I won't hurt you," Malena gently whispered as she sat next to the Wingull, biting her lip as she saw the scar on its underbelly. Slowly she reached out her hand and began to stroke the trembling Pokémon. At first it stayed quiet, but after about a minute of patting it, the Wingull began to chirp happily as it gradually stopped shaking.

"How are we going to stop Denaran and free all these Pokémon?" Malena asked Cresselia as the Lunar Pokémon floated over.

"There are two ways I believe we can free them," Cresselia telepathically used to her psychic powers to state. "Either we free them from those square mind control devices they are captured in; although none of us have been able to locate where Denaran keeps them; or we go right to Denaran and try to destroy or take away the controlling device directly from him."

"Hmm," Malena mumbled with a grimace lining her face. "Which do you think is better?"

"There are a lot more risks in confronting Denaran directly," Cresselia's voice echoes in her mind. "However it's impossible to tell where these mind control cubes which the controlled Pokémon are captured in are; the dimension world is a big place, it could take years to find them. There's also the chance that Deneran keeps them near his control device anyway."

"Where have the Pokémon here looked so far?" Malena questioned, gently smiling down at the chirping Wingull.

"They've managed to explore most of the north before being chased off by a horde of Denaran's Pokémon. After that Denaran increased the number of Pokémon stationed all over the distortion world, which greatly hindered further search."

Malena let out a frustrated sigh as she ran her spare hand threw her hair. "Let's go after Denaran."

"Are you sure that is the wisest decision, child?" Cresselia asked.

"Yes," Malena stated. "These Pokémon have been abused and trapped by him for years without going after him right?" Cresselia gently nodded, prompting Malena to continue. "If we suddenly go after him now and surprise him after all these years, surely he won't expect it?"

"If you think it's wise we can give it a go, child. However we'll only have one shot to get it right."

"I know,"Malena grimly muttered. "How far is Denaran and his mind control device from this cave?"

"It's hard to judge distance here with the direction of gravity constantly changing; however his castle is located on one of the walls to the south roughly 10 kilometres from here."

"Alright, tell the other Pokémon what we're going to do, then let's formulate a plan. I know we can do this Cresselia." Malena smiled with the fire of determination in her eyes. The Wingull flew onto her shoulder as he saw Cresselia float higher in the air, clearly about to make an announcement.

"Cresselia!" The Pokémon boomed, her eyes shimmering pink. "Cress, Cresselia Cresselia!"

The Pokémon around her quickly began speaking among them selves, some rapidly and excitedly, while others sounded more confused and worried.

Malena soon observed a Blaziken emerge from the back shadows of the cave.

"Blaziken!" The Pokémon cried out, silencing the room. Malena couldn't help but wonder what the Pokémon had said. "Blaziken, Blaze, Blaze."

Cresselia soon floated down to her to inform her. "Blaziken has offered to lead the charge."

"Do you think he's the right Pokémon?" Malena asked. "What about you?"

"Blaziken is very fast, he'll be able to get us there quickly. He has proposed an idea. He can carry you and one of the psychic Pokémon while the rest of us are in pokéballs, so we can travel with as little suspicion as possible."

"That sounds like a plan?" Malena stated, although it ended up sounding more like a question.

"I think it's probably our best chance, and even then it's risky. Denaran's controlling device has led his Pokémon to be hostile to anyone who's not under that control. It is unlikely we'll be able to get in undetected, but I have communicated with these Pokémon for many years. Blaziken is very dedicated and determined to freeing all the Pokémon. He's been a great leader in the search for the cube's that the Pokémon are caught in and controlled by."

"Alright. This sounds as good a plan as we're going to get." Suddenly pumping her fist into the air, Malena exclaimed "Let's go do this!"

"We cannot yet leave. The psychic Pokémon need to recover their energy from temporarily giving Giratina his free will back." Cresselia stated with a sigh, gently lowering herself to the ground. "We shall leave in the morning. Until then try to get some rest, child."

"Oh," Malena begrudgingly whispered, gently lying down on the floor of the cave. "Tomorrow we're going to go and defeat Deneran!"

Back