JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Chesnaught V has been revealed from Paradigm Trigger, which releases in Japan on October 21st. We should see most of the cards from this set become part of our Silver Tempest in November.
Thanks goes to Bangiras for the translation!
Chesnaught V – Grass – HP230
Basic Pokemon
Ability: Spiky Striker
As long as this Pokemon is in play, whenever your Active Chesnaught V is damaged by an attack from your opponent’s Pokemon, put 3 damage counters on the Attacking Pokemon.
[G][G][C] Touchdown: 130 damage. Heal 30 damage from this Pokemon.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 4

Continue reading...

Last edited:

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
Could be a fun meme deck with Kricketune and Cape of Toughness boosting it to 320 HP.

Edit: Or just play Dracozolt VMAX, which can spam Cheryl and doesn't care about Path.

Last edited:

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I assume the ability mentioning "Chesnaught V" does not work on "Chesnaught VMAX", even thought the phrase "Pokemon V" refers to all VMAXes, V-UNIONs, VSTARS etc.? If this wording was consistent, it could make a future Chesnaught VMAX/VSTAR into a pretty strong Pokemon.

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
I assume the ability mentioning "Chesnaught V" does not work on "Chesnaught VMAX", even thought the phrase "Pokemon V" refers to all VMAXes, V-UNIONs, VSTARS etc.? If this wording was consistent, it could make a future Chesnaught VMAX/VSTAR into a pretty strong Pokemon.
There is no Chesnaught Vmax or VStar

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
So does the ability stack? Like, 30 damage per Chesnaught V?
Yep.
Do they enjoy giving less popular Pokemon awful cards? Like, seriously. Is it fun for them?
*stares in Lumineon/Pidgeot/Claydol/others*
All of this is correct. Pokemon V is a general term; Chesnaught V refers to that specific card.

Cradilyfan1512

Aspiring Trainer
Chesnaught V- This is going to be a good secondary attacker in Swords of Justice decks if those become a thing. 8

TankyGliscor

Aspiring Trainer
I'm just happy to have more of my homie Chesnaught, it'd be a good deck to teach new players the importance of abilities and stadiums importance, so could be fun to teach Children to play against. Otherwise as usual they just stuck an okay ability and overpriced mediocre attack on it and said "hey we remembered it at least, better than Unite and mainline right?" to which I sigh and agree.