Snowy Lilacs

Aspiring Trainer
What do you guys think of this scenario: Charizard is popular. TPC/TPCi are fully aware of scalpers, therefore by charging a price of $120 it would discourage scalpers all while knowing this product will sell due to Charizard popularity. $120 is very pricey. It feels as that TPC/TPCi is taking advantage of the situation.
Trust me the price will not stop the scalpers at all. Half of them are the vendors that stock them anyways. So these will never see the light of day like the celebrations one last year

leonardojosv

Aspiring Trainer
What do you guys think of this scenario: Charizard is popular. TPC/TPCi are fully aware of scalpers, therefore by charging a price of $120 it would discourage scalpers all while knowing this product will sell due to Charizard popularity. $120 is very pricey. It feels as that TPC/TPCi is taking advantage of the situation.
Nah dude look at what happened to the Celebration UPC price. Even while it was still being sold for 120 retail you couldn’t find it for less than 250 resale.

vexel

Aspiring Trainer
Absolutely STUNNING artwork on these cards. I love how the V tells the story after the battle the Brilliant Stars alt art showed.

JacetheDerpScuplter

Aspiring Trainer
Some of these comments really boggle my mind. This is mostly a collectors product that doesnt benefit from mass production yet people are complaining that it will be hard to get lol? Thats the whole point of these products, they are supposed to be expensive and hard to get. If they were printed into oblivion and were cheap, nobody would care about them.

Also, why does anyone care about Charizard cards when they arent even good in the card game? These cards are terrible in tournaments. They are just collectors pieces. If your playing the game you dont even care. And if you want one for your collection, just buy the singles. The 16 packs and the accessories make up the bulk of the value in the first place.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, they've never really sold a charizard product this expensive. Maybe this is the case!

fleshrum

Cephalophore
But you can't deny that these have some fantastic artwork.
I actually HATE the one with the downward perspective. What is happening in it? Why is Diglett there? If the ground is where tangrowth is, Is the zard flying up a cliff? Is diglett popping out at a 90 fudging degree angle to say hello when there's a big battle going on? Mewtwo looks like he is deadlifting a sack of potatoes. Absolute garbage tier framing from an otherwise amazing artist and keyframe animator. Especially so given the cost of this collection.

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
Pokémon at it again with the Charizard prints to get that money.
As long as charizard doesn’t take away the oppurtunity to less popular pokemon getting good looking/chasecards/competitivly good cards then I don’t mind

Especially when the zards are this glorius in difference with a lot of the zards between 2000-2019 where they rarely was apealing cards

Nirvanna21

Mew.
I actually HATE the one with the downward perspective. What is happening in it? Why is Diglett there? If the ground is where tangrowth is, Is the zard flying up a cliff? Is diglett popping out at a 90 fudging degree angle to say hello when there's a big battle going on? Mewtwo looks like he is deadlifting a sack of potatoes. Absolute garbage tier framing from an otherwise amazing artist and keyframe animator. Especially so given the cost of this collection.
It's got another card showing the other perspective of the fight. It's a mewtwo alt art that that was posted here not that long ago.

Rex15

Pocket Monster Hunter
Very cool art, just a shame it constantly goes to Charizard. You'd think Chairlizard fans would be sick of the thing at this point, but I guess not!

Pokemon1982

Aspiring Trainer
Yet another Charizard (and one with objectively one of the best artworks not only on a Zard, but on a pokémon card, period), and yet the same people complain about how a market works, making them look like this:

View attachment 16746
People's individual tastes and preferences can align outside of the 'market'. Charizard saturation is an observable, objective fact.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
It's got another card showing the other perspective of the fight. It's a mewtwo alt art that that was posted here not that long ago.
not sure of the one you mean.

Yet another Charizard (and one with objectively
not objectively. but fair if you think so.
and yet the same people complain about how a market works,
is the current tcg distribution model/the spread of Pokémon within sets is the market working?
making them look like this:
the difference is we're not complaining that clouds form. We're complaining about clouds with consistently disappointing shapes and sizes. Considering that they all come out of the same weather machine, criticizing that machine is an integral part of making weather better for everyone.

[Not only that but this is something I've seen you engage in, when you disagree with tpci, and anybody calling you senile for that ought to stfu as well.]

SilverShady

Aspiring Trainer
When you know you can flip something for 500, 120 isnt a barrier. Its less than a booster box in most cases and those are common scalper targets. With 3 guaranteed charizards that have desireable artwork? Yea i expect this to be impossible to find. If that was TPCI's plan it was poorly thought out....