Charizard-EX, Magnezone-EX, and Blacksmith from 'Flashfire' Revealed! [4/23]

My first opinion, when I officially saw Magnezone EX was: A slight worse (weaker) version of Electivire (Triumphant). When it is an EX, I'd hope for at least 3 Pokémon to choice, or 10 more damage…

Anyways, I already can't wait 'til the 7th of may… I'd be satisfied, if I got at least Toxicroak EX :)

This is going to be one fun pre-release alright!
I never really paid close attention to that Charizard's artwork. I really like his claws and how they're positioned.

As with all of the sets containing an UR version of Charizard, I will be spending endless amounts of money on packs to pull one of them without any success.

Oh well ...

Finally the 180 HP charizard is announced! Now the set is officially complete for me!

Seeing the English versions of such cool looking cards makes me all the more excited for the Flashfire prerelease! Come on May 3rd, hurry up!

As far as the cards go, I like the looks of all three, mainly the Charizard though. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be too playable, but Blacksmith seems pretty good. Magnezone isn't that good. 40 for a DCE isn't that great, and it's still a 3HKO on Yveltal EX without a Muscle Band. The second attack is slightly better. Getting off damage on the bench is good, but Mr. Mime easily prevents that. Overall, the cards aren't very good for competitive, bar Blacksmith. As for the collecting side of me though, I obviously must get that Charizard, and I highly doubt I'll trade away any duplicates of it!

Charizard seems alright, but Magnezone is just crap. I don't even think it would have been that good in the Eelectrik days.

Think:
Flame/Fire Torch discard Fires, hit Blacksmith, attach 2 fires, attach DCE + Muscle Band and now Charizard is one shotting all 170 HP EX's as soon as turn 2-3...

Throw LaserBanking in, and now Charizard is just plain silly. The fire draw/attach engine (Torch/Blacksmith/Delphox possibly) just enables this particular Charizard to get some easy damage off. Blastoise could see a resurgence in tournaments, but his ability to just do so much damage so easily...

Can't wait for pre-release tomorrow! Have one near my area, so gonna head down there and see what's up.

Back