'Charisma of the Wrecked Sky,' Japan's SM7 Set Announced!

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Once again I have risen out of my bed to the excitement of Pokemon cards getting revealed.

Blaziken-GX to me is just a worse Solgaleo-GX. Solgaleo does more damage and has a cool ability than doing 60 damage. Even through charging it up using the other older Firestarter Blaziken you're still using 2 stage 2's, which again is done by Solgaleo / Metagross. Eh, it's fine though. I'm sure anyone will still take a 210 beatstick not weak to fire.

Altaria-GX will spam bright tone and become the new SHL Hoopa doing 2HKO damage while being protected. Actually, come to think of it, you can use the Fight Song Altaria really easily as well. Messing around with damage outputs on this thing should be a little fun.

Latios PS is the real winner of all these cards, I for one think it's very busted. Have a board of dragons out and all you have to do to get a surprise knock-out is drop this bad boy and one single DCE. A one-energy attacker that deals OHKO damage the turn you drop it. Sure you gotta have a board of dragons, but you can flex that number a little bit. Having 4 dragons on the board with 2 other support pokemon like a Tapu Lele or something will still net you 200 damage, since Latios includes himself. You can still attach choice band and have at it. Unlike Incineroar-GX, he doesn't really require all of your Pokémon to be fire, you can have only some dragons and then bust this thing out. And 140 HP? That's bulkier than Latias PS! Why? I thought Latios was supposed to be the more aggresive but less defensive of the two. Still insane though. Lemme restate this again: It's a single-prize attacker with a single energy attachment that OHKOs with not very hard conditions. google better give this card 5 wossies.

Steven's decision I thought was busted until I read the "your turn ends" text. Luckily there seems to be less hand disruption (Judge is still around post-rotation and it probably will be used as a main draw supporter, but still.) This is still a card that can potentially set up your board (maybe in a more desperate condition since you don't get to attack, so that means you'd rather spend the turn setting up more). Not much more I want to say honestly.

At least Lisia doesn't have the pre-mentioned condition but at the end of the day it's Olivia but for prism stars. I guess you could search other things like the prism energies such as Beast Energy and Super Boost Energy, and at the right time nontheless since you can search this thing with Lele. I like Lisia for that but not much for anything else.

EDIT: I'm not awake. :p I didn't read the "for each of your Evolution dragon pokemon". Well darn, that changes a lot. You could still easily get some stage 1 dragons (e.g. Fight Song Altaria and SUM Dragonair). I still say it's good.

Nyora

A Cat
Another good Altaria card AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

suraci

The Angel That Flew Too Close To the Sun
Medicham gets OHKO'd Easily but can deal serious damage with sash (then tool change with Magearna maybe?). meh

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Blaziken is meh

Altaria is meh

Steven is trash, only good in Sylveon.

Lisia is REAAAALY good, i could see it as a 1 or 2 of in any deck that uses Prism Stars, Maybe Dusk Mane?

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Medicham could potentially see some play in Expanded with Focus Sash, but that's about it. The two [F] attack cost is irritating, as you can't really chain Medicham consistently.

I'm on board the Altaria train, however. I'm really liking her first attack. Decks like Ultra Necrozma/Malamar shouldn't have a problem finding outs to her, although Buzzwole might need another attacker. (Other Altaria on the Bench aren't safe, however, so it's not like the attack is completely busted.)

Lewcurio

Aspiring Trainer
Medicham + Po Town + Damage mover could put this at 30hp. Finally a potential use for damage mover?

That could work really-really well if you pull it off. Really just reminds me of Night March, low HP high attack power. Unfortunately a max of 4 times to pull it off (only 4 Damage Movers), plus you'd have to dig through your deck to find it. Any way that may be easier to pull it off? The double Fighting energy cost could also prove to be quite a hindrance, due to not having great energy acceleration options aside from Carbink.

Kent Freeze

Aspiring Trainer
That could work really-really well if you pull it off. Really just reminds me of Night March, low HP high attack power. Unfortunately a max of 4 times to pull it off (only 4 Damage Movers), plus you'd have to dig through your deck to find it. Any way that may be easier to pull it off? The double Fighting energy cost could also prove to be quite a hindrance, due to not having great energy acceleration options aside from Carbink.

Yeah, I don't think it is actually all that viable, more of a fun/troll deck to play at the local game store.

Lewcurio

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, I don't think it is actually all that viable, more of a fun/troll deck to play at the local game store.

Was thinking the same after a little bit of analysis. Big numbers tend to have an obviously great visual appeal, but unfortunately there's not enough support to make it good (at least in standard).

Gunnsteinn

Aspiring Trainer
I like Steven alot, but couldn't you play Wicke the following turn to disrupt the Steven play? Is kind of like a new N but not based on prizes.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Blaziken is meh

Altaria is meh

Steven is trash, only good in Sylveon.

Lisia is REAAAALY good, i could see it as a 1 or 2 of in any deck that uses Prism Stars, Maybe Dusk Mane?
Lisia is created to buff Buzzwole