'Charisma of the Wrecked Sky,' Japan's SM7 Set Announced!

Time for some classy ratings from the classiest Buzzwole of all:

Blaziken is one spicy chicken with that attack of 210, dipped in some very nice sauce. God damn.

Altaria is alright, that attack for it to be immune is fancy, but still kinda vulnerable

Dragonite and Lance can be on a date while Latios is the third wheel may be fun as a deck.

Steven would be so much better if it wasn't for that last sentance, just like almost all of Champion's Road.

Lisia is beyond good, it's plainly ok. Not as a supporter for me.

If you go first, Steven's Decision seems like a great card even in Standard.

Get setup on turn 1 and then go grab any 3 cards you want for turn 2. Crazy.

Hope you opponent doesn't N. :)

Blaziken is... odd. The discard is crippling, but the damage is severe. I don’t know. Altaria is amazingly broken. Hits for 90 damage with Choice Band and Devoured Field and no damage from GXs on the next turn. Latios <>: Would be much better if its attack wasn’t based off evolution Pokémon. Steven’s Decision is absolutely incredible, probably will be played as a one-of in a lot of decks. As for Lisia, kind of bad unless you run a ton of Prizm Stars. That said, if you do, it’s great. All in all, a great batch of cards!

I agree with the Steven idea. He may serve as a good alternative 1st turn Brigette, since you're not attacking anyways (if you go first).

Blaziken's GX attack does seem underwhelming... but I could see if you had Lysandre, you discard two DCE and next turn send those to the lost zone (base don how many fire-types you have out). If you have crushing hammer to get rid of more it could win you the game by extinguishing the opponent's resources, in some instances.

Last edited:
If I'm being totally honest, I really wish the Kanto/Johto pokemon from Champion Road weren't being included in Celestial Storm. It would make room for more Alola/Hoenn Pokemon, and I kind of wish we'd get more Alolan GXs like Dusk Lycanroc and Alolan Sandslah, and also a few Hoenn GXs like Deoxys and the other starters. Plus, if the rumors about the next switch games being Kanto-based are true, wouldn't pokemon want to save some of those GXs for when those games release?

Altaria is meh

Steven is trash, only good in Sylveon.

Lisia is REAAAALY good, i could see it as a 1 or 2 of in any deck that uses Prism Stars, Maybe Dusk Mane?

lol not sure if serious

Why would you want to waste your supporter for the exact effect that you do with Magical Ribbon? That's exactly the one deck that doesn't need it. Also, Sylveon is going to get even less relevant after rotation than it is now.

"Steven's Decision" .... is it too much for me to hope that one day they make a card called "Sophie's Choice"?

I think Blaziken is good. Non GX + GX have synergy, they both share the same evolutionary line and 3 cost for 210dmg is worth it, and non GX's 3energy for 90/ 20 each benched pokemon seems nice too, but only when exilir + strong energy rotates. Until that, buzzwole will be the only good deck.

Sceptile is autowin against any ultrabeast decks, specially without Garbotoxin post rotation. UBs are everywhere, and are, 99% of time,, the main attackers, so of course sceptile will be good (as long as UBs are Tier 1).

Last edited by a moderator:
I see alot of potential for Lisia. Steven.. I see potential as well being that only reasonable disruption card after the rotation being judge and Mars.

It's really annoying that Mew (FCO) can't be used with Medicham, because Medicham isn't a basic pokemon :(

Noooooooo
We get Blaziken GX after all... at least its terrible
i acn see lisia played with latios and lance prisms
other than that i cant say much

*Also, I'm happy the Pokemon Company still acknowledges the mega stone on Steve's pin.

Back