• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

ChariBoar (Charizard/Emboar deck)

I just don't see how a deck with two Stage 2's in a format like this can be competitive without speed. You may find it fast enough with just Bicycles and Bianca. But if you can burn your hand to where Bianca gives you a new hand essentially, you shouldn't worry too much about discarding something important. Then again, there's always Super Rod.

Mora said:
I just don't see how a deck with two Stage 2's in a format like this can be competitive without speed. You may find it fast enough with just Bicycles and Bianca. But if you can burn your hand to where Bianca gives you a new hand essentially, you shouldn't worry too much about discarding something important. Then again, there's always Super Rod.

I tested the deck against my friend's ZekEels, it worked pretty well.
I was using the cards on the first post, but with this change:

-1 Energy Retreival
-1 Bianca
-1 W-Kyurem
-2 Prism

+2 Junniper
+1 Super Rod
+2 {R} Energy

Mora said:
Zekeels is pretty fast and consistant. You beat it?

Yup. That day we played 5 matches, and today other 5. The final score:
ChariBoar-6
ZekEels-4

suicidalnuns said:
I personally like running 4 cheren in Emobar decks instead of Bianca. This is because you always want to have a monster sized hand full of energy. I also don't like White and Black kyurem, but it's all up to your personal preference. Just remember that prism energies fon't count as fire energies while in your hand, so they can't be accelerated from Inferno Fandango. Also, I would recommend not running Juniper. You have 2 stage 2 lines, and you'll always end up discarding something you need for an evolution.

I like what you said up untill "instead"

4 Cheren
4 Bianca
2 N
2 Juniper

I'm officially torn between this and Garchomp. By the way, I've heard people talking about using Charizard with Celebi EX so Charmeleon's Rage Claws can deal up to 200. Just an idea you might want to look into.

suicidalnuns said:

I'm going to start calling it Emoboar!

Would you ever consider Entei EX? The reason I ask is because it can set up the bench with the second ability in case you discard energies for Charizard's ability or even things like Juniper.

I know you run Energy Retrievals and don't get me wrong, they're awesome as they are immediate value when played, but just a thought on Entei EX.

After some tests, I started to use a Darkrai variant. It's great, since Emboar have a high retreat cost.

Mora said:
I'm officially torn between this and Garchomp. By the way, I've heard people talking about using Charizard with Celebi EX so Charmeleon's Rage Claws can deal up to 200. Just an idea you might want to look into.

I'm going to start calling it Emoboar!

I tried it too, it works pretty well ^^

I like that variant, but you cant get the Blend Energy back, whichj is a problem. Also, you have no way of fighting Empoeon/Keldeo decks, though the latter is solved with Shaymin EX (since you are already using Blend) I have no idea what to do about Empoleon

Lumos77 said:
I like that variant, but you cant get the Blend Energy back, whichj is a problem. Also, you have no way of fighting Empoeon/Keldeo decks, though the latter is solved with Shaymin EX (since you are already using Blend) I have no idea what to do about Empoleon

Charizard can OHKO Empoleon and Empoleon can OHKO Charizard. It's a fair match.

Empoleon requires one energy. Charizard five. You'll probably have some trouble with Empoleon, but like you said, you do also OHKO Empoleon.

Mora said:
Empoleon requires one energy. Charizard five. You'll probably have some trouble with Empoleon, but like you said, you do also OHKO Empoleon.

I forgot about Empoleon's Energy Cost... Well, I'll try to think about a Empoleon counter.

But you need the energy. I personally still advocate Kyurem-W, but if you don't want to, I don't know of anything else.

Wouldn't that be when they send up another Empoleon? With the built in draw and stuff, your opponent would probably have more than one out.

Oh most definitely, but you should have a Eviolite or Cloak attached if you do, then they shouldn't be able to OHKO you.

Back