JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
The rainbow rare print of Furisode Girl and the character rare print of Smeargle have been revealed from the Japanese set Incandescent Arcana, which releases in Japan on September 2nd. We should see most of the cards from this set become part of our Silver Tempest in November. Keep an eye out for more updates for all of Incandescent Arcana’s secret rares as they continue to leak through the rest of this week.
We translated all of the regular cards from the set last week...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

LilTone96TTV

Aspiring Trainer
Didn't pay attention to this Smeargle and it looks pretty powerful. Or it would be, if there weren't more important things to do on turn 2 in this format, like winning the game.
It’s not powerful at all remember your energies have to be in the top 5 cards and how likely would it be to have your energies in the top 5 cards. Effects on other cards have been seen and not used.

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
I remember writing off the Evolving Skies Cryogonal as too slow and requiring your deck to be too clunky, but it ended up enabling the rogue celebrations Kyogre/Groudon deck which could steal wins off the best decks in Standard despite being super cheap to build... at least before the return of Bench Barrier which shut it down.

I want to write off this Smeargle too which is very similar (weaker attack as it looks at the top 5 instead of 6 and it also can't spread the energy acceleration to different targets, but in return it has a colorless attack cost), but I'd be happy to be wrong again.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
It’s not powerful at all remember your energies have to be in the top 5 cards and how likely would it be to have your energies in the top 5 cards. Effects on other cards have been seen and not used.
Most of these effects have been on evolved Pokemon, and/or limited to a single type of Energy like Metal. It has always been too slow, this is an extremely power-creeped version of that attack and I believe the format is so ridiculously fast that it's STILL too slow. But it might have been playable a few years ago.

LilTone96TTV

Aspiring Trainer
Most of these effects have been on evolved Pokemon, and/or limited to a single type of Energy like Metal. It has always been too slow, this is an extremely power-creeped version of that attack and I believe the format is so ridiculously fast that it's STILL too slow. But it might have been playable a few years ago.
Its the fact that it has to be on the TOP 5 cards of the deck thats the matter. I personally i am never lucky with these things.

Snowy Lilacs

Aspiring Trainer
Damn the Smeargle alt art is a total chase card for me! I kinda wish it was paired with Mina though, that would've been epic

bktan

Aspiring Trainer
Smeargle isn't even in Sword & Shield so can't actually be paired with the Sword & Shield artist lol.

LightningSpence836

Aspiring Trainer
They're still giving us rainbow rares... I personally generally don't like them, but I can see the allure for kids. The FA trainers are way better!

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
They're still giving us rainbow rares... I personally generally don't like them, but I can see the allure for kids. The FA trainers are way better!
They will not suddenly stop with the RRs when they've given us in every set so far. If they are gonna remove them, it would be at the start of a new yearly block, so maybe in Scarlet & Violet base.

HershelLayton

Aspiring Trainer
I'll be pretty sad if they do away with the TG for gen 9. They really make sets so much more enjoyable to open and give that "wow" feeling of pulling a non-EX/V/etc that I felt during the early gens

Bewear The TERRIBLE

Rogue TCG Player
That is one EPIC Full Art! 😮

Smeargle is cryogonal but for colorless cost which means it won't be confined to just water energy decks, which is pretty cool. But top 5 is quite terrible. How many energies would you need to add in the deck for that attack to work. Or perhaps there will be new ways to arrange the deck that will make it viable, something like a reverse caitlin for supporter. I guess we'll see.