BW/BW2 Changing BW Learnsets, Types, and Abilities

keldeo91 said:
Also, what's up with the fact that Leavanny learns Leaf Storm? Leavanny is a physical sweeper, and I have gotten very good use out of her (seems female to me). Leaf Storm makes no sense for Leavanny to learn. Also, why is it that Golurk is able to learn Ice Beam via TM, even though he, as well, is a physical sweeper?

Leavanny's Leaf Storm is very useful because you can use LeafStorm's raw power against pokemon with low sp. Def when they are expecting a physical attack plus it doesnt weaken the rest of its attacks. But as for Golurk that is weird.

Plus why can't Kyurem learn frostbreath?

BlueEmboar said:
keldeo91 said:
Also, what's up with the fact that Leavanny learns Leaf Storm? Leavanny is a physical sweeper, and I have gotten very good use out of her (seems female to me). Leaf Storm makes no sense for Leavanny to learn. Also, why is it that Golurk is able to learn Ice Beam via TM, even though he, as well, is a physical sweeper?

Leavanny's Leaf Storm is very useful because you can use LeafStorm's raw power against pokemon with low sp. Def when they are expecting a physical attack plus it doesnt weaken the rest of its attacks. But as for Golurk that is weird.

Plus why can't Kyurem learn frostbreath?

Pretty sure I read somewhere Kyurem seals it own mouth shut.

@keldeo

Nintendo refuses to believe that there are dedicated sweepers or pokemon that are meant to attack with one stat. This thread is supposed to be about why moves make sense for the pokemon based on physical characteristics or other information. For that reason, leavany being a grass type and covered in leaves, leaf storm makes sense. Golurk learning Ice Beam however doesnt seem to make sense to me because I dont see any connection to ice on him or in his information, not because he is a "physical sweeper" in the eyes of competetive players

Before the obvious picture, and excellent question would have been "how in the name of God can Golurk learn Fly???".

But for now, Kyurem. For one thing, it can't learn Sheer Cold. It emits cold air all the time, and froze an entire forest in the blink of an eye, but it can't learn Sheer Cold...

Also, it learns Imprison twice (o_O). At level 8 and level 64. Can someone tell me how much sense that makes? It even knows Imprison when you encounter it D:

It says in Druddigon's Pokedex entry that it absorbs sunlight with its wings. Therefore, that, to me, tells me it should be able to learn SolarBeam. I know Druddigon has low special attack, but I'm basing that ability on its Pokedex entry.

slickmario said:
Before the obvious picture, and excellent question would have been "how in the name of God can Golurk learn Fly???".

It says on this page that Golurk can learn Fly because it is able to take its hands and legs into its body like a robot and then launch into the sky.

Also, Druddigon should be able to have the ability Solar Power, which would then make Solarbeam very useful in intense sunlight due to the fact that it would raise his special attack. This would be a good reason to teach him Sunny Day.

Golurk can fly because hes an anxoent flyong robot, is a ghost (so its like levitate), and/or its based on that disney movie about that huge similar shaped robotthat can fly. Those are my guesses

keldeo91 said:
slickmario said:

It says on this page that Golurk can learn Fly because it is able to take its hands and legs into its body like a robot and then launch into the sky.
Did you notice that I put "BEFORE THE OBVIOUS PICTURE"

-.-

Golurk learns Ice Beam because its just a move that many pokémon that aren't even Ice or Water type also learn it. I guess its just for coverage, even if it doesn't use its sp.atk stat... Cases like that have always happened in pokémon...

Metalizard said:
Golurk learns Ice Beam because its just a move that many pokémon that aren't even Ice or Water type also learn it. I guess its just for coverage, even if it doesn't use its sp.atk stat... Cases like that have always happened in pokémon...

Since Gliscor is so common in competitive metagame in OU tier. Ice beam suits this guy well.

I'm at a great loss at why Lugia can't learn Hurricane.
I also think Emboar should be Fire/Dark and Samurott should be Water/Fighting. I also think Serperior should be Grass/Poison due to snakes being poisonous, and it should get Venoshock and Sludge Bomb.

paddy185 said:
I'm at a great loss at why Lugia can't learn Hurricane.
I also think Emboar should be Fire/Dark and Samurott should be Water/Fighting. I also think Serperior should be Grass/Poison due to snakes being poisonous, and it should get Venoshock and Sludge Bomb.

I agree in general but Serperior IS based on non-poisonous snakes like the boa constricter

And hurricane makes sense on lugia, though he wont get it. If 5th gen sets remain as bad as they are now for grey, were gonna have enough trouble with that!

Also, what's up with the fact that Leavanny learns Leaf Storm? Leavanny is a physical sweeper, and I have gotten very good use out of her (seems female to me). Leaf Storm makes no sense for Leavanny to learn.
Game Freak doesn't care. They aren't trying to make Pokemon who are good for the metagame. It doesn't matter to them whether or not a Physical sweeper learns special moves. They had it learn Leaf Storm because it's a Grass type with leaves in its design.

Exactly. Ofcourse i want lugia to get hurricane it just doesnt need it. My main concern is the old pokemon though. They need to update the stats. Blaziken should have close combat too

paddy185 said:
I also think Serperior should be Grass/Poison due to snakes being poisonous
>>Implying all snakes are poisonous

There's not much I want changed, to be honest. For the most part, I just want Emboar to get Mach Punch and Klingklang to get Wild Charge.

I want Klinklang to stop existing....
Blaziken didn't need Close Combat when he got HJK.

Back