Chandelure?

Charganium the Bold

formerly Charganium
014.jpg

Just had to include the picture cuz the art is so pwetty.

Chandelure - Fire – HP120
Stage 2 – Evolves from Lampent

{R} Bursting Flame 30
Choose 2 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon, and this attack also does 30 damage to each of those Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance when damaging the Bench.)
{R}{C} Purgatory 80
Discard all Energy attached to this Pokemon, and the opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Burned.

Weakness: {W}x2
Resistance: none
Retreat:{C}{C}

90 for {R}. Could work well with other Chandelure from NV and Mandibuzz from BW.

Yeah I like it too. Maybe a 2/2 split of the two Chandelures, and a 2-2 Mandibuzz. It just seems like you wouldn't be able to get it out as fast as one would like, which makes it alot harded to snipe basics, since by the time you'v evolved, it's likely that they will have too.

Its ok, but Reuniclus ruins it. Also, it not 90 to one Pokemon, but 30 to 3. Its a Stage 2, and Reshiram and Zekrom easily knock it out. And they're basics. It will be really hard to get the card out, and then running for 2+ turns.

I like the concept a lot for sure. The second attack is icing on the cake for some KOs when needed. It is a stage 2 that really needs to be run in rush form though, so I think that alone will ruin it unless we get the old Rare Candy back and something like Claydol. If it had better partners and better HP I would be more excited about it. Unfortunately, Tyranitar Prime basically beats this thing in every way as far as attacks, HP and value as a deck. Another underwhelming set :/

30 to three for one fire is nothing to scoff at, not to mention purgatory which, though energy expensive, has a chance to do 100 damage in one shot...
Not really on par with the other fire types, esp. Reshiram, though I see that this card is very versatile...

Reshiram just loves the fact it can OHKO this guy. Also, Eviolite is coming out before this, so the opponent can limit you to 10 damage on 1 Pokemon so long as it is basic. Also makes for an easy match for Donphan and pretty much anything, really.

This could be great, but the fact that Reshiram can OHKO it and the fact that its a stage 2 makes it bad

Yeah, unfortunately Stage 2's and even Stage 1's haven't really been keeping up with the power creep lately :/

I thought the Luxray did the 20 to one of your opponent's Pokemon not one of your own so I was excited about that for like five minutes. Really there isn't that much exciting; Shaymin EX could have been good, but if you're in a position where you're doing a lot of damage with it, you probably can't risk the double prize loss anyway. Really I just see this set creating more Tier 2 decks...

While Chandelure 2HKOs most basics, that 3HKOs them. While Chandelure OHKOs Solosis and babies, that 2HKOs them. While Chandelure 3HKOs Phanphy, Simisear 4HKOs them. 1 turn makes a big difference.

The 1 extra turn it takes to get it out makes more of a difference though. All those things will just evolve before the KO anyway.

I never said I thought Chandelure was good, in fact quite the opposite. I'm just pointing out that it isn't outclassed by Simisear because you can use Candy and things will be KOed in 1 less turn that Simisear can KO them in.

You could have simsear and chandelure in a deck' might not make a bad deck. But i wish chandelures retreat cost wasnt so bad.

I really really wish that this had just 10 more HP. It would really make all the difference in how playable it is. With 130 being the magic number for HP these days, it would be at least playable with Vileplume and Reuniclus.

Dark Void said:
I never said I thought Chandelure was good, in fact quite the opposite. I'm just pointing out that it isn't outclassed by Simisear because you can use Candy and things will be KOed in 1 less turn that Simisear can KO them in.
But in a stage 1 friendly format that also has Yanmega to finish up KOs it really IS outclassed by Simisear. Simisear/Yanmega did okay at Seniors for Nationals; I'd bet a lot that they wouldn't have played this card if it was out.

Well, Simisear and Yanmega are dead with Pokemon Center out, a 1 card tech of that and the only spreaders/snipers that might work would be Hydreigon, Blastoise, and SEL.
Granted, Chandelure dies to that too, as well as to the power increase in the set. So really, it isn't worth much.

Back