Chandelure or Dusknoir with Darkrai EX

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
Pretty straight forward, which is the better ghost Pokemon to pair with Darkrai EX?

I think Chandelure is better, because I've been able to take 2-3 prizes every turn after T3, but I hear it's outclassed by Dusknoir. So I would like your opinions, which is the better Ghost for spreading damage?

Dusknoir is by far the better damage spreader.Chandelure just doesn't have enough HP to do the job.

To me, Dusknoir seems to be like Empoleon, who the more use he gets, the worse he gets, meaning when you empty the field of damage, Dusknoir is useless (Empoleon KOing means less damage). For example, I can KO a Blastiose (30 to Squirtle from Sableye T1, 110 from Darkrai T2) and set up the next KO on Keldeo (30 from Darkrai T2)(If I got T2 Chandy, 30 onto benched Squirtle or Keldeo). Then T3, 30 from Chandy onto Keldeo and KO Keldeo (110 HP left) with Darkrai, which I can't do with Dusknoir since I wouldn't have that extra 30-60 damage. Granite, Keldeo can OHKO Chandy for one less energy than Dusknoir, but Chandy seems like he's better as far as speed and setting up KO's goes.

Neither, lol.

But if you have to go with one, I personally like Chandelure because it allows you to place more damage on the board which allows KOs in weird situations. Once you have a Dark attached to it you don't have to worry about retreating it.

Chandelure has to be active in order to use its Ability, so you would need to be running Switch... in a Darkrai deck... But I suppose being able to potentially OHKO Keldeo and Mewtwo could be useful.

Back