• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Chandelure/Drifblim (HGSS-on...duh)

Gengar_is_Pwnage

Happy 20th Sonic (Since '91)
The main purpose of this deck is to prioritize Chandelure, while using Driblim to get rid of annoyances during the game.

4-3-4 Chandelure
2-2 Drifblim UD
2 Cleffa
2-2 Dodrio

Energy:
12 {P}
2 DCE

T/S/S:

3 Collector
3 PONT
4 Pokemon Communication
2 PETM
3 Dual Ball
4 Rare Candy
4 Switch (To abuse Chandelure's ability)
4 Junk Arm (To re use Switch) (Currently have 3)
1 Flower shop Lady
2 Juniper

Strategy:

Spread w/Chandelure while using Mysterious light to inflict double status, Take Away w/Drifblim to get rid of attackers, techs and so on. Dodrio for free retreat. Rinse and Repeat :D

Translations:

Chandelure - Psychic - HP130
Stage 2 - Evolves from Lampent

Ability: Shadow Curse
Once during your turn, if this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, you may put 3 damage counters on your opponent's Pokemon in any way you like.

[P][P][C] Mysterious Light: 50 damage. The Defending Pokemon is now Burned and Confused.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Lampent: ???

Litwick – Psychic – HP50
Basic Pokemon

[C][C] Singe: ? damage. Flip a coin, if heads the Defending Pokemon is now Burned.

Retreat: 1

Interesting idea, but I don't see the synergy behind laying on damage somewhat slowly (partly through special conditions) with Chandelure, then possibly using Take Away with Drifblim and allowing them to fully heal something. Also I would consider adding in a DCE or 2 for Take Away, since both Drifblim and Chandelure take 3 energies to attack with (so does Throh's second attack). If you are dead set on using Drifblim, possibly add a 1-0-1 Reuniclus to load up Drifblim with damage, then Take Away to heal it all.

Maybe:
- 2 Dual Ball
- 1 SSU
- 1 Junk Arm
+ 2 DCE
+ 1-0-1 Reuniclus

I don't really like the Dual Ball personally, maybe you can make do with it, though. To me, since you are inflicting special conditions that rely on coin flips and using SSU, the game would just have too many coin flips to be consistent.

The idea isn't to heal Drifblim, his main purpose in the deck is to get rid of opponents Pokemon. Also as much as I like your DCE idea, the only one who can abuse that is Drifblim, who is a tech, not an attacker(unless desperatly needed or I get a Drifloon/blim start). PLus, mind you Take Away shuffles Drifblim back into the deck, along with their deffending Pokemon thus not needing Reuniclus.

their point with reuniclus was to move dmg off of your other pokemon and onto drifblim before you shuffle him into the deck. which is actually a pretty decent idea. could also look to add a 1-0-1 porgon z to get a switch back onto the top of your deck. or a 1-0-1 metagross for free retreat (i noticed you removed dodrio from your list)

Gengar_is_Pwnage said:
The idea isn't to heal Drifblim, his main purpose in the deck is to get rid of opponents Pokemon. Also as much as I like your DCE idea, the only one who can abuse that is Drifblim, who is a tech, not an attacker(unless desperatly needed or I get a Drifloon/blim start). PLus, mind you Take Away shuffles Drifblim back into the deck, along with their defending Pokemon thus not needing Reuniclus.

I know the idea isn't to heal Drifblim, but you are risking letting your opponent heal someone you have damaged with Chandelure was my point. Chandelure doesn't ohko things, it would takes 2-3 turns to kill something with pure Chandelure. And the point of DCE is that it takes 3 turns to power up every single pokemon you have in your deck, and I can't imagine any deck that is slow enough to let you do that multiple times. And as Silenth pointed out, Reuniclus is there to heal damage from a Chandelure by switching damage counters to Drifblim then using Take Away.

i also agree that dce should be added if take away is a major part of your strategy. even 2 or 3 should do it as they'll go back into your deck with drifblim. you could always add energy exchanger to get them back if you wanted. or just use your hand refresh cards

-2 Dual Ball
-3 Pokemon Communication
-1 Switch

+2 Elm's
+3 Pokemon Reversal
+1 SSU

You aren't going to get Dual Ball out when you need it with only 2 in there. And you have 4 Collector to get early game, so those are just added luggage. And your Pokemon lines are so thin that there is not going to be a spare pokemon in your hand to use Pokemon Communication. So put in 2 more Elm's instead, because that doesn't require you put 1 card back that you will probably need next turn. And 4 Switch is overkill, because you probably won't have more that 2 Chandelure out at one time. So I put in 2 more Elms, 1 more SSU for consistency (although I don't see why you need them), and 3 Pokemon Reversal, so you can chose what pokemon to shuffle in with Drifblim, instead of going for the guy with alot of damage and the Special Conditions on him.

Well this is a rough draft, not a final list by far. Its mainly the Pokemon lines I've been mulling over.

These are staying though:
4-3-4 Chandelure
atleast 2-2 Drifblim.
I'm still not sure whether to put Dodrio in or leave him out. so if maybe you guys could give me a better list to work on i might be willing to change it around a bit. :)

-3 SSU not needed no coming into play powers and format is too slow for picking pokes off the bench to be effective as healing
-1 Flowershop lady really not as good as it looks not worth running
-2 energy search why not run more energy or regular draw cards?
-2 dual ball you run 4 collector you need more basics not basic search
-2 switch you will have plenty with 2 and 4 junkarms besides you need to get set up before you can sweep and this deck lacks consistency
-1 lampent you run 4 rare candies you only need 2 of the middle stage, or you could ditch a rare candy.
-1-1 Drifblim he shuffles himself back into the deck so he is reusable

+4 cleffa/stanler You have a low number of basics. Cleffa is the best starter in the game and really speeds up set up. Stanler is decent and much cheaper. Either works in this deck though your energy count is low and cleffa has a free attack and retreat (go with cleffa)
+2 DCE Drifloon abuses that stuff like crazy
+2-2 Dodrio
+1 PONT adds consistency
Last two spots I am unsure of. I say you need more draw like juniper but I could see this deck be averse to discard. so....
+2 copycat

Hurm, Pokemon line eh..

4-3-4 Chandelure
2-2 Drifblim (I'd honestly put in Dodrio instead of Drifblim, but whatever you want is what you want)
2-2 Mandibuzz - Snipe for 50 to anything that has damage counters on it, Second attack does 100 damage against any stage 2 pokemon. Along with Chandelure. Take out most Pokemon. 130 damage.
4 Cleffa
2 Throh

so 25 Pokemon.
12 energy is good, so maybe...

6 Psychic
2 Ground
2 Dark
2 DCE

23 for trainers..

3 Collector
3 Energy Exchanger
4 Rare Candy
4 Switch
4 Junk Arm
2 Copycat
2 Pokemon Communication
1 Flower Shop Lady

You seemed adamant on switch and Junk arm, so I kept them in, but you could probably make do with 2 of each
so you could 2 more communications, and 2 Energy Retrieval? Or PETM, PONT, Twins, whatever. :p

Better synergy would be through:

Chandelure
Dodrio for free retreat
Mismagius for moving energies

IMO. Maybe replace something with metagross, but I'd not risk it.

Well thanks to your suggestions I finally ironed this out.

4-3-4 Chandelure
3-3 Drifblim
2 Cleffa
2 Throh
2-2 Dodrio

The rest has stayed the same with the aforementioned list. I just needed some in depth suggestions :). Thanks guys!!!

After some turns with Chandelure damage, Jirachi could come in and grab some prizes for you. If you could help out with a translation of Chandelure, that would be great, too. I don't see the point of Drifblim in here and why it's better than other things, namely sniping Pokemon or some Bouncer. You also seem too weak to disruption with only five draw supporters that need to keep a stage 2 in play, and once Cleffas are gone, you won't have much to do. Reversal would be great here if you found a better attacker. Figure out how the deck works and find a better attacker.

~L_X_F

Chandelure - Psychic - HP130
Stage 2 - Evolves from Lampent

Ability: Shadow Curse
Once during your turn, if this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, you may put 3 damage counters on your opponent's Pokemon in any way you like.

[P][P][C] Mysterious Light: 50 damage. The Defending Pokemon is now Burned and Confused.

Retreat: 2

-sillykyle!

i would max out your switches and junkarms
that way you can inflict shadow curse as much as possible each turn.

and may i suggest trying absol prime as a starter?
having those 2 dmg counters can deff help
and even a mew tech so you can synergize mew with absol's attack with drifblim's take away

Back