CG Graphics: Unown E

RE: CG Graphics

porygon_by_charganium-d3kk9fg.jpg

Nice work! Proportions are great! I'd recommend neater hand colouring, though. Shade in strokes all in the same direction, and fill all of the gaps in this way.

Save from some of the petals on Maractus' flowers, it looks like you have a pretty good grasp on form and proportion, Char. Things to work on now are refining your sketch (i.e. smoothing lines, ensuring things such as the petals are even) and adding some depth through shadows and highlights. Overall, not too bad. Keep practicing!

Awww, I love the Maractus! i am sort of echoing CMP here, but you should try doing some shading and lighting, and maybe some highlights too. Great work!

Another suggestion, by me: If you want to try clean lineart, but you don't have a tablet to draw with on the computer, get Paint Tool SAI and try vector lineart. It makes smooth, clean, pretty lines, and you can do it with just a mouse.
Here is a tutorial about it.

If you want clean lineart on paper, use a fine pen to ink, then eraser to get rid of all pencil sketch. Scan the pic and raise the contrast appropriately till you get a desired result.

RE: CG Graphics: Imakuni?'s Meganium

I see what you're trying to do, but the green around the black outline kinda throws it off. Maybe it would look a little cleaner if you got rid of it?

For computer Sketching it isn't that bad, honestly you could do some shading with a variant off the main color.
Other than that the shapes of the pokemon are great.

Bump...

http://charganium.deviantart.com/art/Unown-E-320587138

(Image is huge, so I posted a link.)

Back