Collecting Celty's Card Collection

Celty

Somebody you used to know
June, 5. 2016

So I started collecting Pokemon cards when Furious Fists was the current set and Phantom Forces was almost out so I've only been collecting for around a year and a half (I think). Of course I had cards when I was younger however of those none survived, thus I started back up from scratch.
Anyway, after lots of trades, pack ripping and tin openings this is what I've got to show for it:

51sllx.jpg
2m2g8c6.jpg
148nod3.jpg
jjlawl.jpg
nq7hbo.jpg
2vijvkl.jpg
25ri813.jpg
nyiae8.jpg
33es8rs.jpg
wrhxs9.jpg
qrjiih.jpg
2i0g19k.jpg
21b19o8.jpg
2eg9q1j.jpg
dpbnex.jpg
9rlyzr.jpg
6q8dpv.jpg

September, 17. 2016

It has been a few months and I have decided it is time to update this thread. I think I will keep all images of my old cards sort of like a record to see what I had so I may compare it to what I currently have; in a way just to chart my progress. For the most part I traded off a bunch of my full arts in exchange for secret rares, I find them much more attractive to collect. I still feel the urge to collect things in 3-6-9 (It makes me unhappy to have different numbers of copies.) but some are starting to pass 9 and it bothers me, but I also don't want to trade the extras off, it's a terrible conflicting feeling. I left empty spaces all over the place in anticipation for upcoming sets or in hopes of getting more copies of things I have less than 3-6-9 of. Anyway this is my collection so far:

jb4wvo.jpg
i6jbz4.jpg
2uidqok.jpg
2m4zltc.jpg
5lcjuf.jpg
14ieog2.jpg
ngcyva.jpg
bf475i.jpg
axy1xd.jpg
o6wd3l.jpg
f81ld.jpg
r7vvo9.jpg
2n9wb47.jpg
2wfo661.jpg
282g9vs.jpg
2lo5gtf.jpg
i1l7y8.jpg
34eos8y.jpg
nmgprd.jpg
10ht5lh.jpg

December, 4. 2016

I rearranged some parts, got a bunch of new things. I have only a few more empty spaces left in this binder, I need to get a new one soon.

30xg26d.jpg
1zv8k1w.jpg
29dfxmu.jpg
20hls2p.jpg
hsq0bp.jpg
30swmlg.jpg
2dl3bqq.jpg
29z3byu.jpg
2i7od8y.jpg
2ni0ear.jpg
14ipjpt.jpg
20qmlva.jpg
123l1yf.jpg
f1e61h.jpg
2dh9n4m.jpg
5b3aqb.jpg
3520scx.jpg
11rc1mp.jpg
2jiide.jpg
2vxg9lc.jpg
167v1qr.jpg

Last edited:

DmightyB

Da Mighty Bee
I'm amazed at the 5 Shiny Gardevoirs ( extravagant @@ ) & the Gold Star Eevee's in the end , a trio of each 1st Gen Eevee evolution !! Congratulations, but lol imagine having triples of Umbreon and Espeon Gold Star :p Tons of cash must have been burnt to get those Full art triples XD

Also just to say : managing to get so many triples(especially the black Charizard from Black and White and god those Ultra Balls , is a big challenge and actually shows your skill , I can personally say one of the most purrfect (forgive the cat pun ) collections I have seen and a big thumbs up for the organization of it !!!

Last edited:

Celty

Getting 3 Espeon and Umbreon Gold Stars will most likely always be out of reach for me lol, the only ones I've seen IRL have all been in such awful condition.
Creased cards make me sad u.u

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
I was going to comment on the bonanza of Shiny Charizard, but then I noticed. I think we have the same quilt. -.O

Celty

I have finally updated this thread x3 My up-to-date binder is now up.

Celty

@professor layton - Hm. Well, I have no idea xD. But, I do tend to spend $20 a week on Pokemon cards. If an elite box is coming out I will wait 2 weeks to get the box. And, I don't buy booster boxes. Also I do sell all my commons/uncommon and reverse rares to you know... get more cards xD Also most of the Gold Star cards I have were actually gifted to me. And I'd say around 1/5 of the cards were from wagers. I guess maybe around $2000 dollars? since I started collecting again... probably?

professor layton

Aspiring Trainer
And then there's me who has 1 full art...

Lmao I get what you mean.

My collection is modest. Over the span of 5 years I've spent around...400 dollars. Not saying this in a rude way, but people with big collections like these are able to spend a bunch of money on it. More money, bigger collection.

You may also simply have terrible luck. You never know.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Not bad at all. I'm just happy with what I can manage to buy or pull.

Still nine SR ultra balls. And I have none :(. Want to trade one of those? j/k.

RedT

Aspiring Trainer
Dex Protection 9, you have great taste in binders, that is my weapon of choice as well.

Nice collection, you seem to have taken the same approach to collecting as me, though I just quit MTG this summer and got back into Pokémon after 15+ years, so I'm not nearly as far along as you.

The one point where we differ is I don't share your obsession with EX/ FA trainers or secret rares :p
I just hoard Pokémon I like, even if they're not really good or valuable cards. I have like 4 pages of Eeveelutions (1 of which is all Espeon) and 2 pages worth of Celebi for example. Looks super shiny though!

Celty

I love the dex pro binders. My wife stumbled upon a series of videos on Youtube, when I started collecting again, reviewing binders and this one sounded like the best one for me so I ordered it and it has been my favourite ever since.

I also have a binder full of my favourite Pokemon as well, however most are duplicates like 38 copies of Radiant Collection Purrloin and other Cat Pokemon =p

Last edited:

RedT

Aspiring Trainer
I love the dex pro binders. My wife stumbled upon a series of videos on Youtube, when I started collecting again, reviewing binders and this one sounded like the best one for me so I ordered it and it has been my favourite ever since.

I also have a binder full of my favourite Pokemon as well, however most are duplicates like 38 copies of Radiant Collection Purrloin and other Cat Pokemon =p
Yep that's the channel! I wish his videos were more known in the Pokémon community, because Pokémon players need to 'get good' at protection too :D

He recently made his first Pokémon TCG video about the battle arena decks, so hopefully he continues and his wisdom will spread among PTCG players too

Celty

I know what you mean, the majority of Pokemon players I've met think that Ultra Pro products are the best thing ever. And it honestly makes me cringe a bit when I see o-ring binders or players mash shuffling decks sleeved with Ultra Pro. So much splitting @^@;

Oh yes, I absolutely enjoyed that video. And I think he will make more Pokemon product review videos since on his bookshelf there were a couple unopened tins and a mythical Arceus box. So we will see :3

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Only one lonely little crystal Pokémon. I like having all nine.

Getting 3 Espeon and Umbreon Gold Stars will most likely always be out of reach for me lol, the only ones I've seen IRL have all been in such awful condition.
Creased cards make me sad u.u

I've seen two of these in NM condition in real life, luckily I own both of those.

Celty

Yeah, I haven't really gone after the Crystal Pokemon, the only one I like is the Lugia and they are hard for me to come by u.u
And that's awesome having both of those, I don't think I'll ever get one of either x3