'Celebrations' is our 25th Anniversary Set, Includes Reprint of Base Set Charizard!

Mick-773

Pizza Enthusiast
Crystal Pokémon weren’t from the ex era they were from the e reader sets (expedition, skyridge, and aquapolis) but I would love to see those as well
My bad! As the first set in that era was EXpedition Base Set, sometimes i get it mixed up with the actual Ex-era.

Still, I wonder if they'll keep the card design consistent with the era associated with each gimmick, or if they'll try to make everything coherent with the current templates

Shuppetwithagun

Aspiring Trainer
My bad! As the first set in that era was EXpedition Base Set, sometimes i get it mixed up with the actual Ex-era.

Still, I wonder if they'll keep the card design consistent with the era associated with each gimmick, or if they'll try to make everything coherent with the current templates
I hope they do keep it consistent with the original because that would make it feel more premium to me personally. I hope that the commons and everything in the set will also have an older style and gimmick (I.E. light and dark Pokémon would look like they’re from neo destiny and team rocket respectively)

Zeeman

Pachirisu is the cutest
Goodbye to literally every dollar I own.

I've never preordered online, can anyone advise me on how to find out when inventory is added?

Zeeman

Pachirisu is the cutest
Translations curtesy of my Brazilian friend (shout out Leo!). Will update as he texts to me:

Dragapult
P - Supersonic return 60
You may switch this pokemon for 1 of your benched pokemons

PP* - Sneaky Dive 150
Discard 1 random card from your opponent's hand

Mimikyu Delta Species
W - Steal
Draw 2 cards

W * Wet Claw 40
Return 1 energy attached to your opponent's active pokemon back to their hand

Light Toxicitry
* - Slow Ballad Heal 30 damage points from both active pokemons

EE* - Smashing Spanking (something like that) 160
During your next turn, this pokemon can't use Smashing Spanking again

Hydreigon C
(note: I think this is the only other trainer to have the champion C designation on the card like this. Cynthia was the first).

** - Bite 30

DD* Possessed Blade 100
this attack also causes 20 damage to 2 of your opponent's benched pokemon (don't apply weakness and resistance to the benched pokemon)

Zacian lvl.X
Poke-body - Blade armor
Damage from this pokemon's attacks are not affected by any effects from your opponent's active pokemon

MM* - Brave Blade
During your next turn, this pokemon can't attack

Last edited:

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Like a week ago I tell SwSh era have a lot of mechanics/card having 8 (Galar, V, Vmax, Amazing Rare, Single and Rapid strike and the upcoming Fusion and V-Union) and now with this it have over 13 and there is yet an entire year of set which could introduce even more, any generation format have so many before?

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
Me throughout the year:
This set is gonna be a wash, a disappointment

Me now:
I will never financially recover from this

They NEED to overprint this into oblivion, like Evolutions

Last edited:

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
WHAT THE fudge NO WAY!
Pretty unexpected,but interesting,I wonder how they'll get into the actual meta.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
This is literally the greatest thing they could've done omg I am speechless ;_;

My favorite Dragon-type Pokemon as a Pokemon SP AND done by my favorite artist? My favorite Gen 8 Pokemon (Dragapult) in the style of a remake era of my favorite gen (Gen 2)?? My SECOND favorite Pokemon from Gen 8 as a Light Pokemon from the original era of my favorite gen??? THIS IS ALREADY NUTS AND THERE'S STILL MORE AAAAAHHHH

EDIT: random thing I just noticed; Hydreigon is weak to Grass when it should be Fighting and resist Psychic, while Mimikyu is weak to Lighting when it should still be weak to Dark and resist Fighting, since the original Delta Species cards kept the original Weakness and Resistance from the Pokemon's real type, but that's a small nitpicking detail lol

AnnTony

Aspiring Trainer
Would it be better value to get the Celebrations Ultra–Premium Collection, or the Celebrations Elite Trainer Box? They have different stuff so I'm just confused on which one is best. I am pretty new at this btw.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Omg...these are absolutely amazing. They used the ACTUAL frame, and not some travesty adaptation of the old frames like they did with Evolutions, this is a dream come true. This is the next best thing to them actually reprinting Wizards era cards.

LightYearLiam

This is mind-bogglingly amazing. I wish they were Standard legal, but still. I would have never imagined this could ever happen and I'm so thrilled it has.

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
Holy shit. Light in Neo border has returned! I always thought compared to Darks in Destiny were completely underleveled!

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
...Mimikyu being weak to Lightning is a tad disappointing to see. (The original Delta Species retained their original weaknesses, they didn't adopt those of their new Types.)