Celebi Prime/Tornadus/Mewtwo-EX Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really loving my current build. Big thanks to Henry for mentioning Energy Exchanger. I'm running 2 of them in my build right now and they've saved me so many times.

My current build. Major overhaul.

Pokemon (13)
1 Smeargle (CoL)
1 Victini (15)
1 Terrakion (NV)
1 Shaymin (UL)
2 Mewtwo EX
3 Tornadus
4 Celebi (Prime)

T/S/S (33)
1 Pokemon Collector
1 Super Rod
2 PokeGear 3.0
2 Plus Power
2 Eviolite
2 Energy Exchange
3 Switch
3 Dual Ball
3 Professor Juniper
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Skyarrow Bridge
4 Junk Arm
4 Professor Oak's New Theory

Energy (14)
3 Prism Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
7 Grass Energy

Stuart Hayden said:
My current build. Major overhaul.

Pokemon (13)
1 Smeargle (CoL)
1 Victini (15)
1 Terrakion (NV)
1 Shaymin (UL)
2 Mewtwo EX
3 Tornadus
4 Celebi (Prime)

T/S/S (33)
1 Pokemon Collector
1 Super Rod
2 PokeGear 3.0
2 Plus Power
2 Eviolite
2 Energy Exchange
3 Switch
3 Dual Ball
3 Professor Juniper
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Skyarrow Bridge
4 Junk Arm
4 Professor Oak's New Theory

Energy (14)
3 Prism Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
7 Grass Energy

Why do you need Victini?

iisnumber12 said:
You can usually beat durant anyway with your speed.

Regigigas is also amazing for beating Durant, because Gigas ohkos Durants.

50/50 chance? It is really good, I have played against it. Ask anyone.

So I've seen some varients running Virizion NV? I like the idea, but sadly, Virizion is just an easy prize to me. Thoughts?

The Aura Is With Me 8 said:
So I've seen some varients running Virizion NV? I like the idea, but sadly, Virizion is just an easy prize to me. Thoughts?

I played it in mine, it helped, but it wasn't as good as Tornadus.

The Aura Is With Me 8 said:
It's a faster T1 attacker than Tornadus is because it needs one less energy. It can KO Tynamo, Oddish, etc or can stick a little damage on the opponent to kill it T2. It's a good way to avoid getting stalled out by a lone Zekrom. It has a different weakness than Mewtwo and Tornadus. Double Draw is still a really good attack, and it's won me numerous games. If it's a prize, so are Tornadus and Celebi. It's not necessary, but I'm not cutting it any time soon.

I haven't run into Virizion yet, but thoughts:
-Bulk
-Double Draw
-Adios a Tynamo y Oddish
-Free Retreat Cost with the Skyarrow Bridge swag
-Shaymin the Energy to Mewtwo or Tornadus when you're done
Definitely a one/no-more-than-two-of, and I think it'd be a nice addition to MTC for sure.

Serperior said:
I haven't run into Virizion yet, but thoughts:
-Bulk
-Double Draw
-Adios a Tynamo y Oddish
-Free Retreat Cost with the Skyarrow Bridge swag
-Shaymin the Energy to Mewtwo or Tornadus when you're done
Definitely a one/no-more-than-two-of, and I think it'd be a nice addition to MTC for sure.

I've tried it, but I didn't really like it because it isn't as good as Tornadus and you can;'t afford to have to Double Draw.

iisnumber12 said:
I've tried it, but I didn't really like it because it isn't as good as Tornadus and you can;'t afford to have to Double Draw.

Virizion is god in this deck. If you can't get the turn one Hurricane, Double Draw or Leaf Wallop is amazing to use. Double Draw is clutch in other situations, but very, very helpful at times. It also even has free retreat with Sky Arrow. And even on top of all of these amazing things about it, it makes The Truth not an autoloss because of them walling with Terrakion. All of this just for a card that takes up one place.

I see no reason not to play it.

Smeargle. Yes? No?

The extra supporter during clutch moments seems too good to pass up, but would adding in Smeargles ruin consistency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back