Ruling can you use roseanne`s research to search for basic lvx`s?

TCG Trader said:
Then how come you were allowed to take out Infernape or Empoleon Lv. X with Elm's Training Method?

You're not allowed to take a lv.X with PETM. It searches for an evolved pokemon. Lv.X are not considered to be evolutions.

With Celio you can get a lv.X.

Read this http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=29101

Yeah... I know that. but we had people do it all the time with PETM. This is not the first bad call by my tournament organizer, if he is wrong in telling us that we can.

You Cannot Are pokemon Proffesor Does not know what he is doing
Lv. X is A Level Up Card!

TCG Trader said:
Yeah... I know that. but we had people do it all the time with PETM. This is not the first bad call by my tournament organizer, if he is wrong in telling us that we can.

Obviously. Pat is an idiot.
To answer the question - no, you may not. This has been asked a million times. Just read the threads at the top of the forum. Thanks.

From the Compendium:

Professor Elm's Training Method (Dragon Frontiers; Unseen Forces; Expedition)

Q. Can I use Professor Elm's Training Method to search my deck for a Pokémon LV.X?
A. No. Pokémon LV.X are not considered Evolution cards. (May 3, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

Same goes for Roseanne, naturally.
On the other hand:

Q. Can I use Celio's Network to search my deck for a Pokémon LV.X?
A. Yes, you can. Earlier card references of "Basic Pokémon or Evolution card" refers to Pokémon in general, which includes Pokémon LV.X. (May 10, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

Back